Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire $699

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2018 7:19 pm
Mar 6, 2008
873 posts
357 upvotes
Kelowna

[Sport Chek] Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire $699

MSRP is 1049 and it looks like the new price is 849, so this is a sweet discount on that. It is the all time low as well.

Please note this is the high end 5X with sapphire glass
15 replies
Dec 15, 2016
157 posts
178 upvotes
Better check that this version has the Canadian, not the US, Topo maps. Last week, Amazon.ca was selling the same watch at $699 with US Topo maps. All stores that sell the Canadian maps haven't been onsale. Good price IF...good luck.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
I was looking at the 3x, is this that much better?

Edit - wait, it's the vivoactive 3 I was looking at. Too many different models, I keep losing track
Jun 2, 2007
582 posts
705 upvotes
Toronto
I’m using vivo active 3 it’s very light weight and comfortable to wear. Good for running smart watch.
wearysky wrote: I was looking at the 3x, is this that much better?

Edit - wait, it's the vivoactive 3 I was looking at. Too many different models, I keep losing track
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
asmalworld wrote: I’m using vivo active 3 it’s very light weight and comfortable to wear. Good for running smart watch.
Doing some research, it looks like it comes down to a bigger battery, and better performance metrics on the 5x. But the 3 is on for $320 right now, that's a pretty serious jump in price.
Mar 6, 2008
873 posts
357 upvotes
Kelowna
wearysky wrote: Doing some research, it looks like it comes down to a bigger battery, and better performance metrics on the 5x. But the 3 is on for $320 right now, that's a pretty serious jump in price.
I would not go for this watch unless you intend to use it for multiple other purposes. Swimming, biking, skiing, golfing....etc. I'm not sure if some of the running VO2 algorithms in this are available on the VA 3 as well though, which is also a selling point.
Mar 6, 2008
873 posts
357 upvotes
Kelowna
LewisLongshanks wrote: Better check that this version has the Canadian, not the US, Topo maps. Last week, Amazon.ca was selling the same watch at $699 with US Topo maps. All stores that sell the Canadian maps haven't been onsale. Good price IF...good luck.
How do you check this? Are you saying Canadian maps are not included at all on the US version?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Logun wrote: I would not go for this watch unless you intend to use it for multiple other purposes. Swimming, biking, skiing, golfing....etc. I'm not sure if some of the running VO2 algorithms in this are available on the VA 3 as well though, which is also a selling point.
Yeah, the 3 has VO2 as well. This one has built in maps as well. The 5 really seems to be aimed more at hardcore athletes training (triathletes, etc). I think the 3 will be plenty for my needs.
Jan 2, 2007
325 posts
212 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
If you are an average runner who wants a smartwatch with excellent running features and 24/7 HR, get the Vivoactive 3 (I did!). If you are a serious athlete who runs, especially if you are a triathlete, get the Fenix.

I was seriously looking at the Fenix line before I settled on the VA3 and the main reason is that the Fenix watches do way more than I need.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
Amazon.ca same price and you can PM BB for another $15 Off
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Feb 26, 2003
632 posts
79 upvotes
Redscott wrote: Amazon.ca same price and you can PM BB for another $15 Off
Staples has it for $320 minus whatever coupons you can find and free delivery. Most important easy returns if needed.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
cavuu wrote: Staples has it for $320 minus whatever coupons you can find and free delivery. Most important easy returns if needed.
I believe @Redscott was talking about PMing at BB for the Fenix.

FYI - SportChek has the black/slate version of the Vivoactive 3 for $320, whereas everywhere else seems to have it for $350. Gonna go try to PM it at BestBuy today.

Edit: success! No hassle at all getting the pm on the VA3 at the Oakville BB - I got the last one. An extra 3 bucks off will do just fine. I wasn't going to bother but when I checked at the Oakville Place sport Chek they didn't have any of the black/slate ones in stock.
Dec 15, 2016
157 posts
178 upvotes
Logun wrote: How do you check this? Are you saying Canadian maps are not included at all on the US version?
Yes...the watch is sold either with US or Canadian Topo maps (not both), unfortunately the your Fenix 5X Sportchek link does NOT provide that information. Most Canadian retailers carry the Canadian Topo maps, however, none are presently on sale (Amazon.ca is the exception, not sure why). The worst that could happen, you purchase the watch and the wrong maps are downloaded. You can always purchase more maps.
May 2, 2015
702 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Redscott wrote: Amazon.ca same price and you can PM BB for another $15 Off
did just this .when i called Scarborough BB in the morning. they had 3. but when I went to pick up my reservation two hours later.. other two were gone. BB has no issues matching price with $15 additional off.
May 2, 2015
702 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LewisLongshanks wrote: Yes...the watch is sold either with US or Canadian Topo maps (not both), unfortunately the your Fenix 5X Sportchek link does NOT provide that information. Most Canadian retailers carry the Canadian Topo maps, however, none are presently on sale (Amazon.ca is the exception, not sure why). The worst that could happen, you purchase the watch and the wrong maps are downloaded. You can always purchase more maps.
the best buy one comes with Canada maps and they have price matched.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)