Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] [HOT] badminton and squash racquets up to 55% off AND BOGO 50%

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 7:26 pm
Dec 14, 2006
246 posts
100 upvotes
benzylique wrote: My z strike shipped. Anyone use this racquet with plastic shuttles yet? I currently use an arcsaber 11 and was hoping to use the dzs as my primary or secondary racquet for mostly doubles play.
I've played the z strike with plastics and it's totally fine, felt great. I'm power hungry so I'm going to get the z force 2, hope it won't be a mistake passing up on the z strike.
Sep 16, 2013
74 posts
5 upvotes
z strike is showing up as in stock for people? When I actually try to add it to cart, it won't add.
May 28, 2007
101 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Jamin25 wrote: z strike is showing up as in stock for people? When I actually try to add it to cart, it won't add.
I was able to add to cart and put another order through to be shipped to me. I already put in a pickup order for the duora 10 and it's ready. So I'll see whether the z strike order goes through as well and will just keep the one that feels better in the hand for me.
Jul 29, 2007
650 posts
350 upvotes
North America
TrackerJacker wrote: Am not able to get this working for squash racquets for exactly the same pair you have there.. any tips?
I didn't have space for the entire screenshot, I actually had two sets of racquets. In order to get the cheap pricing, you need to do the following.
1) Look for a Badminton or Tennis racquet that has a % discount, ie: example Head Flex badminton 55% off or the Head/Wilson Tennis at 40% off.
2) Select an expensive racquet of your choice, this racquet has to have NO sale/clearance or anything associated with it, must be regular price.

3) If you need an extra set of racquets, you can get another set using the example above for same racquet types (badminton only, etc)
If you select a different type of racquet, what happens is, you get one of the racquets for cheap, the other is stuck at original price.
My example screenshot above, actually had one of the badminton racquets at $219.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Nov 17, 2014
432 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Of the Duora Z, Duora 10 and Voltric Z , which is the lightest ?I am looking to get one that is 5U but the website is not mentioning the weight
Thank you
Oct 29, 2007
419 posts
36 upvotes
i play badminton 2 hours every week, using a $50 Yonex, want to ask the experienced plays, doesn't the $250 racquet really make a difference?
Nov 22, 2016
169 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
andyhejob wrote: i play badminton 2 hours every week, using a $50 Yonex, want to ask the experienced plays, doesn't the $250 racquet really make a difference?
Players with somewhat of a technique can take advantage of the qualities of the racquet when compared to the cheaper ones. Example when compared to the Head racquets in this sale and say Z-Speed it so much easier to do clears, drops and moving from controlled play to power play easily.
😱-Deals!
Jul 29, 2007
650 posts
350 upvotes
North America
timbertick wrote: Of the Duora Z, Duora 10 and Voltric Z , which is the lightest ?I am looking to get one that is 5U but the website is not mentioning the weight
Thank you
The Duora 10 and Voltric Z II shows as 3U at 88g, I don't think any of the racquets they have are 5U. At the lightest, most likely at 4U racquet. In fact, some of the racquets other than Yonex and including cheaper Yonex ones also show as 3U. I wouldn't worry about weight, string tension is what I look at and then the overall flex of the racquet.
Jul 29, 2007
650 posts
350 upvotes
North America
andyhejob wrote: i play badminton 2 hours every week, using a $50 Yonex, want to ask the experienced plays, doesn't the $250 racquet really make a difference?
I have 5 badminton racquets, Wilson for warm up as it' s the heaviest of them all at 98g, two Carlton racquets for general play (discontinued already), two Yonex for advanced play. I look at two main things in a racquet, overall flex of the racquet and the string tension, sometimes like to look at the weight of the racquet as well but not always. For everyone, it depends if they are an offensive or defensive player, each racquet will be different as some are geared for one or the other... but generally, the more expensive you pay for the racquet, the better it is in either offense or defense.
Nov 21, 2011
224 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
link0118 wrote: At Sport Chek right now they have sales on certain rackets for badminton and squash for up to 55% off. On top of that, if you fancy to have a spare, or a friend to play the sport with that needs a racquet, you get BOBO 50% off! which makes this an amazing deal since instead of paying $200 for 2 rackets, you could be paying $67.47 +tax for 2 rackets! (savings of 66%!) <-- this was just an example using the Yonex Voltrics racket in this link

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... =332628885
Just an FYI, the Voltric Power racquet (as well as all of the Head and Diadora) racquets are made exclusively for SportChek and are not worth their original price (they were released on sale and are on sale 99% of the time to attract customers who refuse to buy anything regular priced).

Good deal for the BOGO 50% though if you get a real racquet.
Nov 21, 2011
224 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
timbertick wrote: Of the Duora Z, Duora 10 and Voltric Z , which is the lightest ?I am looking to get one that is 5U but the website is not mentioning the weight
Thank you
None of these come in 5U. Of the 3, only the Z-Force 2 comes in 4U (others are exclusively 3U in Canada), except if you get a Duora 10 LT which is 4U by default.
Nov 21, 2011
224 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
ShashankP890465 wrote: Players with somewhat of a technique can take advantage of the qualities of the racquet when compared to the cheaper ones. Example when compared to the Head racquets in this sale and say Z-Speed it so much easier to do clears, drops and moving from controlled play to power play easily.
It's diminishing returns, the higher the price, the lower the difference per dollar is, just like with everything. While the 5-10% difference from going from a 150$ racket to a 250$ racket probably won't be noticed by (or even exist for) a beginner player, it makes a big difference for expert level players that are usually only marginally better than their expert level opponents
Mar 27, 2010
143 posts
18 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: Shocked that this is still working tbh. Considering to order another ZF2...lol
Still waiting on payment and shipment confirmation for Z Strike order. I ordered day before y'day.
Aug 3, 2011
933 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
For my second order for Head + ZF2 just got the e-receipt and shipping confirmation. I'll be returning my first order (head + ZF2 for $175.xx). PM me if anyone interested to buy at cost price.
Mar 27, 2010
143 posts
18 upvotes
kool_buddy wrote: Still waiting on payment and shipment confirmation for Z Strike order. I ordered day before y'day.
Order went through and shipped, but tracking won't work on UPS. I must be doing something wrong.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14407 posts
3441 upvotes
wow didn't know so many RFDers into badminton..

let's organize a RFD badminton session...

where do u guys play?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14407 posts
3441 upvotes
I use Yonex and Apac racquets. Never use others like HEAD...how's the quality?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 9, 2013
25 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby
Just received confirmation my z strike order is cancelled AFTER receiving shipment notice. Guess they didn’t include the z strike during shipment. Ordered when the glitch was first mentioned.