Expired Hot Deals

Sport Chek

Kids Kombi Winter Mitts - $13.97 (Clearance)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2021 11:45 am
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
210 posts
303 upvotes

[Sport Chek] Kids Kombi Winter Mitts - $13.97 (Clearance)

Grabbed some at my local store yesterday but price is the same online. Couple colours and varieties to choose from. These are great to stock up on for backup when the kids bring home soaking gloves!

In case anyone is wondering, when I bought these during the last Mastercard promo, they were only about $0.60 cheaper. But sign up for emails with tempmail for another 10% off to beat that price!

If you're worried about shipping, order something else to qualify or select in-store pickup.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210116-090559_Firefox.jpg
  • 332390736_01_a.jpg
  • 332390745_01_a.jpg
Last edited by brock666 on Jan 16th, 2021 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2804 posts
2970 upvotes
Winnipeg
Good deal OP! Any free shipping codes please?
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!

Virgin plus referral available! PM me :-)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21231 posts
6911 upvotes
Thanks for that link. It would have saved some time when I went last month to find some gloves. None at Sport Chek are good for temps below -10C, even though I paid $230 for "Thermal" Helly Hansen ones. The Kombi ones were similar quality. Are there no places I can buy stuff good for -20 to -40C temps?
Dec 3, 2013
543 posts
126 upvotes
Brampton, ON
also wondering if any free ship codes?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5721 posts
2937 upvotes
Winnipeg
thanks OP. ordered a pair for pickup.
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1627 posts
876 upvotes
Vancouver
DougO wrote: Thanks for that link. It would have saved some time when I went last month to find some gloves. None at Sport Chek are good for temps below -10C, even though I paid $230 for "Thermal" Helly Hansen ones. The Kombi ones were similar quality. Are there no places I can buy stuff good for -20 to -40C temps?
You lose more heat from head, neck, body, etc. Warm core means warm hands. Just keep layering up everywhere.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3597 posts
5403 upvotes
Langley, BC
Fine for dry snow. Terrible for wetter snow as they’re not waterproof.

But can’t expect that from this price point.
Oct 17, 2005
378 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
Need a free shipping code... "SCSHIP" no longer works
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21231 posts
6911 upvotes
shamans wrote: You lose more heat from head, neck, body, etc. Warm core means warm hands. Just keep layering up everywhere.
I had some great big down filled gloves years ago. Unfortunately, that was a Canadian company that could not compete with overseas suppliers and went broke. Never found good replacements. My avid skier aunt says good gloves are hard to find. She usually buys mitts...
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2937 posts
2228 upvotes
DougO wrote: I had some great big down filled gloves years ago. Unfortunately, that was a Canadian company that could not compete with overseas suppliers and went broke. Never found good replacements. My avid skier aunt says good gloves are hard to find. She usually buys mitts...
Mostly agree. There are good gloves, but in the 100$ range. My boy eats gloves, so I can’t justify spending that much.

Imposa to find boys gloves at decent price that can withstand boys...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Mar 7, 2017
904 posts
443 upvotes
steven80 wrote: Fine for dry snow. Terrible for wetter snow as they’re not waterproof.

It shows "waterproof membrane" , is this different?
Images
  • upload.jpg
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1287 posts
1350 upvotes
steven80 wrote: Fine for dry snow. Terrible for wetter snow as they’re not waterproof.

+1

I have some of these for the kids. I like the long wrists so they tuck under the jacket but they aren't very good when it's wet. These things get soaked.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5350 posts
3351 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: It shows "waterproof membrane" , is this different?
We have these gloves, there definitely is no waterproof membrane.. at least, not one that works.

These things soak through when playing in snow.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
210 posts
303 upvotes
For everyone concerned about any kids gloves being waterproof, they are going to be hard to find and certainly not available at this price point. You're likely better off grabbing 2-3 pairs of these so you can swap out between uses to dry/wash. At this price, you can easily justify that. Can't even get hot paws at Walmart for this price, which tear like a bugger -- that is my bigger concern with children's gloves and mitts.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2401 posts
1910 upvotes
brock666 wrote: For everyone concerned about any kids gloves being waterproof, they are going to be hard to find and certainly not available at this price point. You're likely better off grabbing 2-3 pairs of these so you can swap out between uses to dry/wash. At this price, you can easily justify that. Can't even get hot paws at Walmart for this price, which tear like a bugger -- that is my bigger concern with children's gloves and mitts.
+1. Waterproof kids gloves don't exist at reasonable price point, given a max 2 year use due to growth (or lost)
Jul 19, 2013
142 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
slimysnot wrote: +1. Waterproof kids gloves don't exist at reasonable price point, given a max 2 year use due to growth (or lost)

I’ve bought Burton gloves for my 3 year old last year from Sportchek for $20. They are much better as the sleeves are longer and they are in fact waterproof. I have 2 of the kombi for my 5 year old that I bought last year when she started school and they both get soaked with playing during recess and lunch breaks (probably and hour combined). I didn’t want my child to have wet hands and playing outside in the cold so I’ve ditched these and invested a bit more on waterproof gloves from North Face. Yes, they are more expensive but at least her hands are dry and warm. I would not suggest these for school or daycare it they’re playing in snow.
Oct 17, 2005
378 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote: Shipping is free if you pay with Triangle Mastercard.
Good to know as I wasn't aware that was a perk of the triangle MasterCard