Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Marmot Catalyst 3 Person Tent with Footprint ($199.98)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 4:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
21 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria/Vancouver

[Sport Chek] Marmot Catalyst 3 Person Tent with Footprint ($199.98)

Decent looking 3 person tent, comes with footprint as well. 10% off sign up code works also!
52 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1150 posts
771 upvotes
Pretty much OOS everywhere in GTA, except Sherway Garden? Good luck I guess.

BTW what's footprint?
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
21 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria/Vancouver
Idlehands wrote: Pretty much OOS everywhere in GTA, except Sherway Garden? Good luck I guess.

BTW what's footprint?
It’s in stock online with free shipping if there aren’t any in stock close by.

A footprint is basically a tarp that goes underneath the tent to protect the tent floor. It’s cheaper and easier to replace a worn out footprint than it is the bottom of the tent.
Sep 23, 2006
509 posts
535 upvotes
Used 10% off. Was looking at Big Agnes tents, but too pricey, especially when I do very limited camping for few days.

Thanks OP
Aug 24, 2015
269 posts
811 upvotes
AB
Good price. FYI this would be a tight fit for three people and backpacks but would fit two people comfortably.
Nov 13, 2019
155 posts
252 upvotes
puglife644 wrote: Good price. FYI this would be a tight fit for three people and backpacks but would fit two people comfortably.

Yeah it's only 65" wide, that's less than 2ft per person edge to edge. Definitely not a comfortable way to sleep 3 people. My 2-person tent is 4'7" wide and is perfect for me and my gf. I can't imagine wanting another person in the tent with only 1ft (less, actually) of extra room.

This is a spacious two, or two plus a baby/dog.

Either way it's a good deal
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
21 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria/Vancouver
bigtuna99 wrote: Yeah it's only 65" wide, that's less than 2ft per person edge to edge. Definitely not a comfortable way to sleep 3 people. My 2-person tent is 4'7" wide and is perfect for me and my gf. I can't imagine wanting another person in the tent with only 1ft (less, actually) of extra room.

This is a spacious two, or two plus a baby/dog.

Either way it's a good deal
That was my conclusion as well. I don’t know if I’d get it as a “3 person” but if you look at it as a spacious “2 person” the price is hard to beat!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2990 posts
2692 upvotes
Oakville
taylur wrote: Decent looking 3 person tent, comes with footprint as well. 10% off sign up code works also!
I bought the three person and two person tents at MEC for $250 (which is slightly lower weight thank this marmot) just a few months ago, and they've been fantastic. Quick to put up and take down. Vents, etc. The footprint was $16.
Just putting this out there as a data point. I love Marmot, MSR, OR, stuff...but the deal posted here is a decent sale but nothing to ring the sirens. It's better to buy a tent with the features you need.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5060-362/ ... erson-Tent
Last edited by zdpz on Jul 2nd, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jan 13, 2006
84 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
GarryD314898 wrote: MEC tent $519 now!!
Yeah, I was looking at the Spark, but it was $519. That's too much. Of course I ended up buying the MSR Elixir 3 person tent for just under $400. Tents are hard to find now online and I'm going camping in a few weeks so I had to get what was available.
May 30, 2015
126 posts
69 upvotes
GTA
I own one of these tents, barely can fit one person I am 6’1 and 195 pounds. However decent tent for the money when it’s on sale. I use it all the time when camping and it’s great for one person.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2990 posts
2692 upvotes
Oakville
FriendlyUnit wrote: I own one of these tents, barely can fit one person I am 6’1 and 195 pounds. However decent tent for the money when it’s on sale. I use it all the time when camping and it’s great for one person.
Being tall gets you hot babes, basketball fandom, uninterrupted views of shows and concerts, the ability to reach for the stars....so you don't fit in a tent You've done alright mate!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Apr 27, 2011
310 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
recommendations on a better tent that can fit two 2.5 foot wide sleeping pads with ample room? Would I be looking for a 4 person tent?
May 23, 2020
46 posts
35 upvotes
Really good find. Solid reviews too. Don't forget GCR 2.5% back.
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer