Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Men's Adidas Ultraboost 19 Shoes Clearance - $136.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 3:31 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1572 posts
1128 upvotes
GTA
Triad wrote: 1 word: Angelus
-Lots of tutorials on how to paint the soles
Many other solutions too if you wonna go another route

GOKU *-*
How adidas inspired goku shoes should have been over the zx500.
Makes me want to get a pair but... Team Vegeta checking in. :D
Yung-1 never existed... yuck!
Love those color.
F&F
Freedom $32/53gb
Fido $40/75gb + 30gb bonus = 105gb
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
deezz wrote: What is now?

I'm not a runner. There's a bunch of different technologies out now though. For example the Nike Alphafly was so good, there was talk of banning it...or maybe that was just PR hype/marketing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
blankall wrote: I'm not a runner. There's a bunch of different technologies out now though. For example the Nike Alphafly was so good, there was talk of banning it...or maybe that was just PR hype/marketing.
Dah...disappointing answer....you made the other statement so definitively.....thanks anyway
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1710 posts
2483 upvotes
Ontario
deezz wrote: What is now?
Nike React is similar but lighter, Air Zoom, ZoomX less durable but the best of the best for competing
Adidas Lightstrike is better than their Ultraboost foam
Pretty much anything Hoka uses
New Balance Fresh Foam
Reeboks Floatride foam is pretty similar and lighter
Oct 1, 2017
328 posts
410 upvotes
blankall wrote: They are designed specifically for running. The boost is meant to transfer energy back to the runner. They were adopted later as a casual shoe, as people liked walking around in them.

From my own anecdotal experience with friends, not all runners like them. They are a bit of an acquired taste. Plus, boost is no longer considered the most advanced energy transfer system.
They honestly suck ass for long runs, and wear fast.

The 4D’s on sale yesterday are way better for that. Or Nike Zooms. Or ASIC’s.

Boost are comfortable for casual daily wear, standing around all day or short walks.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
I do as well... makes me want to pick up these UB and wear em
Goku-inspired color way from my normal triple black from clothes to kicks ... everything.
Not to mention colorway: SOLRED
...SOLAR FLARE!!!
smgksa wrote: Love those color.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
zobblplatz wrote: They honestly suck ass for long runs, and wear fast.

The 4D’s on sale yesterday are way better for that. Or Nike Zooms. Or ASIC’s.

Boost are comfortable for casual daily wear, standing around all day or short walks.
Ultraboost were designed specifically for long distance running. While I agree, that they have now been overtaken by more advanced technology, they do not "suck ass". Like I said before, I do not consider myself a runner. But I've done multiple 5km runs in Ultraboosts, and they were fantastic for me.

Runner's World still rates the boost shoes very highly:

https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a2217 ... das-shoes/
Oct 1, 2017
328 posts
410 upvotes
blankall wrote: Ultraboost were designed specifically for long distance running. While I agree, that they have now been overtaken by more advanced technology, they do not "suck ass". Like I said before, I do not consider myself a runner. But I've done multiple 5km runs in Ultraboosts, and they were fantastic for me.

Runner's World still rates the boost shoes very highly:

https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a2217 ... das-shoes/
Do you have 5 pairs of them? Because I do. I speak from first hand experience.

Girlfriend also has a few pairs. She uses Ultra's as work shoes because they are good to stand around in all day. Switches to Nike when we go walking though.

Everyone I know who owns them hates them for running.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
zobblplatz wrote: Do you have 5 pairs of them? Because I do. I speak from first hand experience.

Girlfriend also has a few pairs. She uses Ultra's as work shoes because they are good to stand around in all day. Switches to Nike when we go walking though.

Everyone I know who owns them hates them for running.
I have more than 5 pairs of ultraboost. I've been wearing them for 3-4 years now. Once again, there are multiple running enthusiasts who still rate them highly. They are no longer the best, but still totally fine for most runners. Obviously, running shoes are a bit of an individual taste, with some people preferring a more traditionally supportive shoe.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2850 posts
501 upvotes
Triad wrote: GOKU *-*
How adidas inspired goku shoes should have been over the zx500.
Makes me want to get a pair but... Team Vegeta checking in. :D
Yung-1 never existed... yuck!
Yung-1 was Frieza, Vegeta got the Ultra Tech. I guess that Yung-1 really never existed lol
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
Both still fugly af.
Aero wrote: Yung-1 was Frieza, Vegeta got the Ultra Tech. I guess that Yung-1 really never existed lol
Images
  • rBVaSlrjEe-AOdUAAAGh-1NXj1s218.jpg
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0