Sport Chek

Osprey Talon 22 Backpacks On Sale, -$125.98

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 11:14 am
Jul 30, 2010
328 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge
consumer be me wrote: Why is this backpack this price ?
I don't currently own any, but the guy at Bass Pro was explaining to me that they're the leader in backpacks and provide a lifetime warranty. I went there because my old bag was falling apart so that's what sold me.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1043 posts
854 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: nowhere to go though, not even 2022
Lots of places to go hiking even just outside of major cities, which is really this pack was designed for. Probably one of the safer activities compared to going to a crowded patio or park.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1006 posts
2217 upvotes
lel
Kestral wrote: Wow that's a fugly backpack.
Go hit up the fjallraven thread then
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Jun 5, 2010
594 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Too bad the grey and red versions are $179.99. I misplace too many things that are black on hikes.
E as in ewe, eye, eight
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1485 posts
390 upvotes
Richmond Hill
consumer be me wrote: Why is this backpack this price ?
Light, study, name, life time warranty and comfy. I have osprey 55 2in1 carry on for travel but I agree with you that I won't spend that much $ for a 25L.
Jul 22, 2009
412 posts
395 upvotes
Oakville
Fatty55 wrote: Don't know how well it compares, but this bag has been great for me: https://www.svpsports.ca/collections/ac ... 921129-02e

Thread from last year: svp-sports-oakley-aero-pack-backpack-26 ... 2389668/2/
The Osprey is made with nylon, which is usually more durable compared to polyester. Warranty is most likely better, YMMV. The Osprey back panel looks more breathable. Hip belt is more robust on the Osprey as well.

Overall Osprey packs are more trusted than Oakley's, and just seem to be better engineered. But I'm sure the Oakley is fine at that price.
Jan 22, 2012
133 posts
188 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I own 3 Osprey bags, and my friends are all converting too. It’s a hard pill to swallow (the price), but how much is your comfort worth each time you use it, and peace of mind with lifetime warranty.

I’m older now though, so place a lot more value on quality and comfort than I used to.

I recommend price matching at MEC, for their rock solid guarantee.
They only started (or re-started?) carrying Osprey bags in the last few years.

Definitely try out the bag first, and add weight to it in store. I’m 5’9” so would presume S/M, but everyone’s torso / body is different, and I rock a M/L.

80% of the weight should be on your hips; and 20% on your shoulders.
Jul 8, 2012
975 posts
273 upvotes
VANCOUVER
F22dwn wrote: For anyone interested in Osprey packs you should definitely check the Last Hunt as there are tons on sale
https://www.thelasthunt.com/collections ... nds-osprey
I second this. Picked up an Osprey Radial for $125 a couple of weeks back, the last one in their stock. Perfect for my bike commute when I need to carry more than my change of clothing.
Mar 10, 2017
118 posts
184 upvotes
Have a slightly older model of the Talon 22. Worth this price imo - best pack I've ever owned. The 22 is a perfect size for day hikes. Can make it work for a short backpacking trip if you go UL but ideally would want a larger pack for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
2783 posts
1444 upvotes
Calgary, AB
WestCoastR wrote: I own 3 Osprey bags, and my friends are all converting too. It’s a hard pill to swallow (the price), but how much is your comfort worth each time you use it, and peace of mind with lifetime warranty.

I’m older now though, so place a lot more value on quality and comfort than I used to.

Definitely try out the bag first, and add weight to it in store. I’m 5’9” so would presume S/M, but everyone’s torso / body is different, and I rock a M/L.

I feel like prices have gone up considerably in the last few years - perhaps because they’ve done so well. I got my first Talon 22 over a decade ago and I don’t remember it being anywhere near as expensive as they are now.

I still use that bag, but got another Talon recently because the old one is looking a bit worse for wear (primarily stained from use).

Also have an Atmos 35 which I’ve had for about the same time period.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2326 posts
929 upvotes
External bladder sleeve. I supposed a bladder left in the fridge overnight will get warmer faster in that sleeve than a sleeve that's inside a bag like the Stratos?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2529 posts
336 upvotes
North York
bluenwhite89 wrote: Have a slightly older model of the Talon 22. Worth this price imo - best pack I've ever owned. The 22 is a perfect size for day hikes. Can make it work for a short backpacking trip if you go UL but ideally would want a larger pack for that.
Supposedly the older version is better
Jul 30, 2005
837 posts
585 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
lotfi.bm wrote: :facepalm: Obviously you don't know what's the main purpose of the osprey backpack.
Try to climb a mountain with that veilance bag...
How many RFDers climb mountains vs. how many RFDers navigate the urban jungle?
By the way, the straps on the Veilance bag are made from Arc'teryx's premium mountain climbing harness material.
Jul 20, 2018
19 posts
23 upvotes
My previous Talon 22 is worn out (used it 4-5 times a week for 5 years) so happy to have this offer come along. Thanks OP!

Check your Canadian Tire credit card offers. I combined this offer with a "Spend $80 Get $20 Back" at Sportchek, Also used GCR instead of Rakuten as they had better cash back offer (2.65% vs 1%).
Jul 30, 2010
328 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge
WestCoastR wrote: I own 3 Osprey bags, and my friends are all converting too. It’s a hard pill to swallow (the price), but how much is your comfort worth each time you use it, and peace of mind with lifetime warranty.

What is this MEC rock solid guarantee?