Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Powerbeats Pro Black 30% off $230.97 - 10% 1st purchase - 3% Rakuten (In Store Pickup)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 11:07 pm
Oct 8, 2011
835 posts
2189 upvotes
I called staples to get the price match completed because my product shipped out AND THEY SAID THEY WONT PRICE MATCH BECAUSE THE PRODUCT ISNT AVAILABLE ON SPORTCHEK'S PAGE. WHAT THE ********* NEVER BUYING FROM STAPLES AGAIN
Oct 29, 2009
110 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
phoreoneone wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 1:17 pm
I called staples to get the price match completed because my product shipped out AND THEY SAID THEY WONT PRICE MATCH BECAUSE THE PRODUCT ISNT AVAILABLE ON SPORTCHEK'S PAGE. WHAT THE ********* NEVER BUYING FROM STAPLES AGAIN
So you placed the order before price matching?

The rep on the phone placed my order after approving the price match, I just hope that I don't have to call again for any reason.
Oct 8, 2011
835 posts
2189 upvotes
tinybullet wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 1:26 pm
So you placed the order before price matching?

The rep on the phone placed my order after approving the price match, I just hope that I don't have to call again for any reason.
No. I called customer service and the rep said she can price match it, but I’ll have to place an order online, give her the order number and then she’ll make a note on the account to issue a refund for the price match difference once the order ships. She said to call in to confirm the price match refund was issued when I get a shipping confirmation.

I did that today and Staples pissed me the **** off
Oct 29, 2009
110 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
phoreoneone wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 1:53 pm
No. I called customer service and the rep said she can price match it, but I’ll have to place an order online, give her the order number and then she’ll make a note on the account to issue a refund for the price match difference once the order ships. She said to call in to confirm the price match refund was issued when I get a shipping confirmation.

I did that today and Staples pissed me the **** off
I was told that my price match approved and will receive an email confirming it but didn't tell me when I would receive this email and that the refund would appear in 7-10 days.
Nov 2, 2015
632 posts
224 upvotes
Markham
Staple online store is one of the worst in industry ....when you faced a problem

otherwise, its good
Oct 9, 2018
72 posts
28 upvotes
My Staples order got delivered today. But still no email confirmation of my order, receipt, or anything at all. Staples is so weird...
Oct 8, 2011
835 posts
2189 upvotes
reeepo wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 6:01 pm
My Staples order got delivered today. But still no email confirmation of my order, receipt, or anything at all. Staples is so weird...
You should call them to confirm. I hope they give it to you. If they don’t, I have a pitchfork with your name on it.
Oct 29, 2009
110 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Had a long chat session with staples regarding the price match and finally made him refund me $119 after I paid $350. Long story but the reps are inconsistent on what they tell you on phone vs on chat.
Oct 8, 2011
835 posts
2189 upvotes
tinybullet wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 6:23 pm
Had a long chat session with staples regarding the price match and finally made him refund me $119 after I paid $350. Long story but the reps are inconsistent on what they tell you on phone vs on chat.
Can you tell me the long story. I don’t even want to try to salvage my price match failure with Staples. I will never give them another penny but I just want to relish in Staples having to honour something they agreed to.
Oct 29, 2009
110 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I linked him to the direct product url and also told him that I was told that the PM was approved by the rep on the phone when I intially called them .He still did the price match even if it's out of stock but gave me less than what the rep on the phone quoted me.

Most of the conversation was to get the extra $10 but worth it cause I'm at work already.

Edit: ok for some reason this link always messes up and goes to main page, but I got the link from the first page of this thread. http://bit.ly/2L3RHC2
Nov 27, 2004
93 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Ok so stock is back up at Sportcheck.
My attempt at Staples was pretty bad.
  1. First they said they wouldn't match it because this was a "Flash Sale" event at SportCheck. I explained that it wasn't part of that sale.
  2. Then he said they can't price match against another company's sale. I explained that numerous people have already price matched against this same sale.
  3. Then he said they don't price match against another sale price at all. Ok.. that's BS.. So I asked to show me on the website where this policy exists, and he said its not on the website.
What a waste of time. I just took the 10% Sportchek newsletter deal, and bought it off Sportcheck. I wouldn't bother with Staples on the phone again. Have a great night.
- wassam
Oct 8, 2011
835 posts
2189 upvotes
wassam wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 10:20 pm
Ok so stock is back up at Sportcheck.
My attempt at Staples was pretty bad.
  1. First they said they wouldn't match it because this was a "Flash Sale" event at SportCheck. I explained that it wasn't part of that sale.
  2. Then he said they can't price match against another company's sale. I explained that numerous people have already price matched against this same sale.
  3. Then he said they don't price match against another sale price at all. Ok.. that's BS.. So I asked to show me on the website where this policy exists, and he said its not on the website.
What a waste of time. I just took the 10% Sportchek newsletter deal, and bought it off Sportcheck. I wouldn't bother with Staples on the phone again. Have a great night.
THANK YOU!! I placed an order too! **** STAPLES
Oct 29, 2009
110 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
To be fair, until I get my refund, I'll still be skeptical. I do have the chat transcript and reference# for the convo tho. VERY YMMV with Staples.