Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Sport Chek] Sport Chek Black Friday flyers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2019 11:07 am
Mar 18, 2019
72 posts
105 upvotes
smartie wrote: Wondering whether they purposely limit online stock to drive you to store
My guess is that since online orders are processed by individual stores (and not a separate warehouse), you can go early in-store to snatch them up before they get a chance to go through the online order queue.
May 31, 2008
979 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
randomkidx wrote: Anyone know if the promo gift cards are treated literally like normal gift cards or do they exclude certain brands, the wording on them is super confusing
It wont exclude anything. There MIGHT be a limitation where you need to spend the $40 during a time frame (lets say Dec 1 -30 for example).
if that doesnt work for you, you can buy something and return it and then they should issue a new gift card which is usual able anytime
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2166 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I just got an email that my order from Friday has been cancelled because they were unable to locate it in their warehouse. Now it's too late to buy this elsewhere because many of the sales have ended or the sizes are out of stock. Really disappointed.
Mar 18, 2019
72 posts
105 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: I just got an email that my order from Friday has been cancelled because they were unable to locate it in their warehouse. Now it's too late to buy this elsewhere because many of the sales have ended or the sizes are out of stock. Really disappointed.
It happens pretty often with products that are in high demand. I don't believe they actually have a warehouse, to my knowledge orders are shipped from certain retail stores. Their inventory management system is basically non-existent so they often 'oversell' items that are in high demand, resulting in cancelled orders. It's happened to me a few times.

If you email them and raise a stink over it they might offer you a discount code. A while ago I had TWO separate orders cancelled but wasn't notified until after the sale was over and I was SOL with regards to picking a different style still on sale. I emailed them about it and they offered me a 10% discount code. I told them that was useless as the intro email discount is the exact same. They upped it to 25%, and said I could use it on anything I wanted (no exclusions). I did have to escalate it a bit to get to this point though.
Mar 18, 2019
72 posts
105 upvotes
Update on my cancelled order, which might be useful for anyone who also had their BF orders partially cancelled, bringing them below the $150 minimum for the gift cards:

I ordered some stuff on Thursday and hit the $150 minimum to get the Masterpass GC and the Black Friday GC. They emailed a couple days later and said two of my items were cancelled (which brought my total below the $150, thus disqualifying me for the gift cards), but the fillers I purchased were shipped. I contacted them about it saying I wouldn't have ordered anything at all, had I known I wouldn't be hitting the $150 minimum due to cancelled items (on their behalf). The rep told me that the gift card offers are based on the pre-authorized amount they charge you, so if they cancel any items in your order you're still entitled to the gift cards as long as your original order hit the minimum dollar amount. I haven't gotten either of the cards yet, so time will tell if this is true. I do have it in writing though, so I guess I have a bit of leverage there if I don't end up getting them.

In the end I guess I'm pretty pleased as I (hopefully) will be getting $60 worth of gift cards but only bought about $50 worth of stuff.

PS - anyone else who was shafted out of the weighted blanket Sportchek had on sale, Home Depot has some on sale for $50 right now. They had tons when I went to get one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5924 posts
1644 upvotes
Calgary
I got shafted on the Oakley sunglasses, they cancelled them on me, they told me the same thing that i'd still be eligible for the (spend $xxx get $xx) credit but at this point i am so annoyed i think i am just gonna return everything once it arrives, if they want to have such shitty logistics then i will waste their money shipping the stuff.
Apr 9, 2011
43 posts
27 upvotes
Victoria
Has anyone received their $40 promo card yet?
Dec 23, 2011
307 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Either I get the $40 promo card or I'm returning the whole order. They cancelled two items I really wanted and the shoes I bought were not cheaper than other retailers.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19834 posts
5188 upvotes
Off the 404
I got got an email for $40 online code. I ordered three items for 155 before tax. One item of 12.99 value was canceled.

There's still the MasterPass discount too right?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2725 posts
809 upvotes
West
Has anyone not received their $40 card yet?
I figured we would actually have them by when the usage window dates started....
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Feb 7, 2019
192 posts
109 upvotes
My package was already delivered yesterday and I still haven't received the $40 gift card.
Apr 9, 2011
43 posts
27 upvotes
Victoria
sushislut604 wrote: My package was already delivered yesterday and I still haven't received the $40 gift card.
My package was delivered on Monday and still no gift card. I am going to give SC a call today - I will report back !
Apr 9, 2011
43 posts
27 upvotes
Victoria
OK - so spoke with a rep this morning, it sounds like there was a technical glitch that's preventing them from going out and he would expect they go out by tomorrow or possibly the following day. Promotion period is Dec 5 - 24. He mentioned he hoped that it's not dragged out any further, they are getting a flood of calls, and we joked about if they have to extend that promotional period, it's not a bad thing for us consumers, considering we will get the most bang for our buck with this card on boxing day! Anyway, there is the update everyone.
Apr 9, 2011
43 posts
27 upvotes
Victoria
Just got my $40 promo e-mail ! Here's the fine print:

*PROMO CARD IS REDEEMABLE IN-STORE FROM THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5 – MONDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2019. ONLINE PROMO CODE IS REDEEMABLE ONLINE FROM THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5 – TUESDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2019 1:59AM EST AND MUST BE ENTERED ONLINE AT TIME OF PURCHASE. PROMOTIONAL CARD / ONLINE PROMO CODE HAS NO CASH SURRENDER VALUE AND EXCLUDES TAXES. PROMOTIONAL CARD / ONLINE PROMO CODE CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY 3RD PARTY OFFER OR COUPON AND IS NOT VALID ON GIFT CARDS, SHIPPING OR PREVIOUS PURCHASES. ONLINE ORDER VALUE MUST BE GREATER THAN ONLINE PROMO CODE VALUE WHEN REDEEMING ON SPORTCHEK.CA. UPON RETURN OF THE QUALIFYING PURCHASE, THE UNREDEEMED PROMOTIONAL CARD / ONLINE PROMO CODE WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE AMOUNT REFUNDED. OTHER EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY. ®REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FGL SPORTS LTD.