Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Sportchek 5 Free Skate Sharpenings

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2017 12:44 am
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
302 posts
252 upvotes

[Sport Chek] Sportchek 5 Free Skate Sharpenings

Sportchek has a promotion for 5 free skate sharpenings with the purchase of $100 or more of hockey equipment. Promotion runs until September 11th. I purchased skates online and they emailed me the coupon for the skate sharpenings. Did multiple orders for my kids and the codes appear to be generic. Posted here for others to print. Looks like everyone will get the same codes.
Sport chek 1.JPG
sportchek 2.JPG
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1859 posts
744 upvotes
Tried their free skate sharpening promo a few months ago (Burlington - Dundas/Appleby) and it was horrible.
I had to take them to ProHockey the next day to get re-done.

Stay away.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2647 posts
2129 upvotes
Genblue wrote: Tried their free skate sharpening promo a few months ago (Burlington - Dundas/Appleby) and it was horrible.
I had to take them to ProHockey the next day to get re-done.

Stay away.
Exactly this. Every time I have given Sport Chek a chance to redeem themselves for a bad sharpening, they screw my skates up every time. I will never go there again. Thanks anyways OP.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3277 posts
1903 upvotes
Duuuuude wrote: Exactly this. Every time I have given Sport Chek a chance to redeem themselves for a bad sharpening, they screw my skates up every time. I will never go there again. Thanks anyways OP.
I guess it depends on the store - my local store has a great tech that does a great job.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
302 posts
252 upvotes
For my sons skates I use a local shop that does a custom sharpening as he doesn't like his skates too sharp. But for my daughter who just started playing hockey I take them to sport chek as she doesn't seem to be as picky. Also every freaking time she is on her skates she manages to kick something or hit skates with someone and loose an edge. Wish I was kidding but I have to sharpen her skates at least once a week and it gets expensive.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1132 posts
635 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
Good replacement for Team Assist sharpens...good for outdoor rink skates and recreational skaters, serious hockey players probably want to pay for a better sharpen....thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Last edited by FatWallet on Aug 25th, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In your pants!
[OP]
Jan 12, 2011
302 posts
252 upvotes
you've been around long enough to read the full post. I already bought $100 so everyone else doesn't have to. I posted the coupons for everyone else to print without having to purchase. It's people like you that stop people like me from posting.
FatWallet wrote: OP, fix your title. It is totally misleading. WITH $100 PURCHASE OF HOCKEY EQUIPMENT.

Been around since 2011, eh? You should know better.
May 10, 2006
311 posts
104 upvotes
FatWallet wrote: OP, fix your title. It is totally misleading. WITH $100 PURCHASE OF HOCKEY EQUIPMENT.

lol oh my
Sep 4, 2013
21 posts
22 upvotes
London
Thanks for the print coupon, I already get mine sharpened there as it is.. good thing my card doesn't expire! woo!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2031 posts
901 upvotes
Elgin, ON
The techs at stores like Sport Chek are hit or miss. Some really know what they are doing, and some really don't. Be sure to inspect your skates before you walk out of the store. Don't just assume they are good to go.
Last edited by rkjredflag on Aug 25th, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2009
461 posts
341 upvotes
i got a free sharpening with the skate i purchased from sportchek but didn't use it because i wasn't going to take a chance with some kid who just learned to sharpen skates. Instead, I took it to Just Hockey.
Jul 4, 2016
155 posts
275 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Just because you have a fat wallet, doesn't mean you can be rude. Apologize to OP.
Nov 30, 2012
524 posts
632 upvotes
Burnaby
Hmmm, struggling with the ethics of this one ... Confused Face
Jul 19, 2016
233 posts
260 upvotes
dicecube wrote: Why did you edit your post?
Cuz poster realized how silly of a post it was after posting it.

On another note, how would people recommend I check my skates after sharpening to ensure it was a "good sharpen"? I play goalie and I can't tell until I get on the ice. As an extra, any goalies have any recommendations on how I find my sharpening preference? I know close to nill about sharpening