Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Sportchek C.F. members code up to 70% off includes Bauer and CCM Elite Sept 12-13 for Marks and Sept 20-29 for Sportchek

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2019 10:24 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1379 posts
759 upvotes
MikeinYYC wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 11:25 am
Every could of weeks there is another Sport Chek friends and family event, this has to be killing their margins. Does anybody buy at regular price there anymore?
You would be surprised. Saw a dad/child in line in front of me at sportchek the other day. They had a hockey stick/puck they were picking up. The staff scanned the hockey stick and came up as regular price. The dad politely mentioned he saw a sign that showed 15% off all hockey sticks ending in .97 or something. The cashier said she would call someone to check but the dad said Its fine, don't worry about it and paid the reg price it scanned in as.

As a RFDer, I was surprised but not everyone out there waits for sales or is aware of these types of promotions
Aug 17, 2008
250 posts
1000 upvotes
ALSO would love a code, have to buy my kid skates :)
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2594 posts
284 upvotes
There are always people who are willing to pay regular price. You just do not know their circumstances. It could be because they are in a rush to buy something for the next game starting in 30 minutes, or it could be because they make tons of money so the time spent on tracking these sales/promotions is hardly worth their while. It is no different from having cleaners come over to clean your place every week if you are busy and can afford it.

As for code begging, I can completely see how reasonable someone who has 4000 posts and has been around since 2006 (e.g., Zaidyboy) can ask for a code. This is someone who is very likely to have contributed meaningfully to RFD. As for others who have been around for 5+ years and have fewer than 100 posts? If there such a thing for those who do not deserve a code, it would be such other people.
Mar 3, 2019
2 posts
Hey guys, would love a code, I have 3 boys in hockey and they all need newxskates for the season! Tnx
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25496 posts
3696 upvotes
Hamilton
Want to buy a Hydro Flask :)
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Jun 9, 2019
111 posts
123 upvotes
adilh53 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 12:08 pm
You would be surprised. Saw a dad/child in line in front of me at sportchek the other day. They had a hockey stick/puck they were picking up. The staff scanned the hockey stick and came up as regular price. The dad politely mentioned he saw a sign that showed 15% off all hockey sticks ending in .97 or something. The cashier said she would call someone to check but the dad said Its fine, don't worry about it and paid the reg price it scanned in as.

As a RFDer, I was surprised but not everyone out there waits for sales or is aware of these types of promotions
There's of course an additional reason of parenting by example. And that could have any number of reasons. Maybe this is a gift for his child or someone else and arguing over a few, dollars in the grand scheme of things spoils the nature of a gift. Maybe by this point he already committed to buying it and has decided he'd be happy with it, so fighting over the price is the wrong "hill to die on", so to speak. Or maybe he's just enough well off that the sale intrigued him, but at the end of the day wouldn't have stopped him either way.

Of course, you're right too that perhaps he just didn't know he could've gotten an even better price. We don't know. But my point in the end is that RFD/deal hunting is almost a little hobby on the way of getting stuff I need (at least for me). So for me and perhaps others it's a little more than juts getting good prices, it's also, good fun.
Oct 10, 2006
176 posts
23 upvotes
Any code would be soo helpful - I am doing an intro to hockey program and need some pads.. alrady .got the skates and helmet -..
Much appreciated!!
Feb 8, 2009
130 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
Guess i'll toss my hat in for the begging. Would love to get that CODE pls.

Thx
Feb 16, 2005
851 posts
359 upvotes
I need to buy a backpack, it'll be around $200 max.
I appreciate if someone can share the code as well. Thanks.
Aug 8, 2003
894 posts
69 upvotes
Ontario
No code for me this time. If someone has one to spare my son needs skates Thanks
Jun 17, 2018
10 posts
7 upvotes
Come on you beggars. Anyone can get a code just call this number 1 800-856-8488 and sign up.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2746 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto
lol all the newbies come out of the woodwork when codes are needed
Feb 11, 2017
83 posts
34 upvotes
Looking for a code to spend a couple hundred bucks. Thanks in advance.