Sport Chek

Sportrack Mondial roof rack $49.88

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2021 7:57 am
Jan 15, 2016
658 posts
648 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Dont risk it. Just go for used thule or yakimas. Id be ok with track mounted generic ones but these universal side mounted ones are too scary to trust. Too much flying out and about in highways , dont add more to it.

Even if u get a set thats not for your car on thule you can just get fitkits for yours.

Just like those cheap toothbrush discussion earlier on the forum, some things you can cheap out on but these are one of those you just dont. Danger to others, not just to yourself.
Jan 8, 2019
146 posts
421 upvotes
Absolute wrote: No,. Just a flat-out no - and I have a Kia Sedona too.

In 2012 Kia changed owners (or management) and completely revised every car model. From then on it most roofs switched from the "factory rack" to rails with no gaps underneath them. In fact, whether car matts or roof racks, you'll always see any support for Kia end in 2012. There do not seem to be any aftermarket roof racks for any model after 2012, even for my '15 Kia Rondo.
Excellent good to know, thank you for the info. So I guess the only option is to purchase direct from Kia?
Jan 15, 2016
658 posts
648 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
sleepyhound wrote: Excellent good to know, thank you for the info. So I guess the only option is to purchase direct from Kia?
Go used thule racks. Much cheaper. Or even new ones too. Easy to sell after or reuse for another car.