Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Srixon Golf Balls - Up to 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2022 7:26 pm
Aug 20, 2018
45 posts
86 upvotes

[Sport Chek] Srixon Golf Balls - Up to 50% off

It's that time of the year again, Srixon has many of their golf balls on sale, some up to 50% off. Many retailers are taking part, (Sport Chek and Golf Town are just a couple). Stock up for Father's Day, deal ends on June 19, Golf Town has a 4 box limit.

Srixon Sport Chek.PNG
Srixon Sale.PNG
21 replies
Oct 16, 2021
46 posts
24 upvotes
Currently play the normal Q Star (which are equivalent to the AD333). Anyone have experience between the Q Star/AD333 and Q Star Tours?

I know Q Star Tours are higher quality (urethane cover) and have better green side spin. Curious if anyone has found them different off the tee compared to the normal Q Star.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
this makes them cheaper than used balls
Nov 14, 2005
490 posts
130 upvotes
duhsteven wrote: Currently play the normal Q Star (which are equivalent to the AD333). Anyone have experience between the Q Star/AD333 and Q Star Tours?

I know Q Star Tours are higher quality (urethane cover) and have better green side spin. Curious if anyone has found them different off the tee compared to the normal Q Star.
Tldr, kinda but moreso around the green.

Fit your ball from green back to the tee.

Any urethane cover balls (QST, Z) will have much greater spin around the green. It's not impossible to have a predictable short game with a non urethane ball, but it will spin and check less, certainly.

Moving back to irons and longer shots you want enough spin for predictable flight and control, once again urethane is king here. Distance control is most important at this range, and lower spin leads to flyers.

Off the tee with driver is where differences will be smallest. Spin equalizes between covers at higher speeds, and compression starts coming into play if you're a high speed player. The harder the ball the further it'll go, typically. Launch height and total height are also variable from ball selection off the tee. Matching an adjustable driver head's loft to a ball you love around the greens is a good solution to getting a solid tee flight and dependable short game performance.

I play z star xv, and sometimes qstar tours. The standard q stars are just not what I want around the green. Off the tee they are perfectly adequate, and I find they launch a touch higher for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
These 12 for $14 packs or the Kirkland 24 for $30?
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
Great deal on some of these!

Ordered a bunch for sale in my pro shop as it’s cheaper than I can get from my suppliers!

If you try to order more than 20 dozen at a time, they try to hit you with a shipping charge.

Thanks OP!
Oct 16, 2021
46 posts
24 upvotes
cubalis wrote: Tldr, kinda but moreso around the green.

Fit your ball from green back to the tee.

Any urethane cover balls (QST, Z) will have much greater spin around the green. It's not impossible to have a predictable short game with a non urethane ball, but it will spin and check less, certainly.

Moving back to irons and longer shots you want enough spin for predictable flight and control, once again urethane is king here. Distance control is most important at this range, and lower spin leads to flyers.

Off the tee with driver is where differences will be smallest. Spin equalizes between covers at higher speeds, and compression starts coming into play if you're a high speed player. The harder the ball the further it'll go, typically. Launch height and total height are also variable from ball selection off the tee. Matching an adjustable driver head's loft to a ball you love around the greens is a good solution to getting a solid tee flight and dependable short game performance.

I play z star xv, and sometimes qstar tours. The standard q stars are just not what I want around the green. Off the tee they are perfectly adequate, and I find they launch a touch higher for me.
Very insightful. Thanks!

I'll pick up a box of QST and order before Sunday night if I like the feel. I know around the green they'll have more control and for that reason it's probably worth the "update" at this price point, but I'm curious off the tee. I'm still new (albeit addicted) and don't have high swing speed. My main goal off the tee is just to keep it in play for now, so I doubt the Q Star vs QST would play a huge difference here, compared to the swing itself.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
They had the sale similar to this last year too.

I bought two dozen Distance 2's and they're soft as heck. After repeated strikes with an iron the cover was already peeling or chipping off. I'm no means a low HDCP or is my swing speed high, it's just that the Distance 2s are really cheap. But, at $15 for a dozen, can't really complain.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
JKKim2983 wrote: They had the sale similar to this last year too.

I bought two dozen Distance 2's and they're soft as heck. After repeated strikes with an iron the cover was already peeling or chipping off. I'm no means a low HDCP or is my swing speed high, it's just that the Distance 2s are really cheap. But, at $15 for a dozen, can't really complain.
Anybody else experience this with the distance 2s? The reviews seem pretty good. I’m currently playing used but very good condition taylormades
Dec 28, 2017
133 posts
125 upvotes
Interesting timing!
I just ordered a whack load of used srixon balls from golfballs.ca. I ordered 100pk of grade b balls which worked out to $0.65 per ball, which is still cheaper than this but hoping grade b are decent condition. Website says they have wear but nothing significant that impacts performance of the ball.

My main criteria right now based on my skill level is cheap ball and good for high handicapper like me (in the 90s). My swing is not too fast and I have been working on trying to control a slice with my driver which results in quite a few lost balls. Apparently the lower spin of the soft feels is good for that.
First time ordering from that site and ordering srixon. I did some research before hand and found this article... Based on this I bought 100 soft feels and 100 q star.. any thoughts?
https://outofboundsgolf.com/srixon-golf-balls-review/
Aug 20, 2018
45 posts
86 upvotes
louis77 wrote: These 12 for $14 packs or the Kirkland 24 for $30?
I use both. I like the Kirklands for most shots but as a higher handicapper I like the feel of the Soft Feels on short chips and off the putter (not that the Kirklands are awful, just preference). I wish they made a yellow Kirkland.
Nov 14, 2005
490 posts
130 upvotes
TeddyPants wrote: Interesting timing!
I just ordered a whack load of used srixon balls from golfballs.ca. I ordered 100pk of grade b balls which worked out to $0.65 per ball, which is still cheaper than this but hoping grade b are decent condition. Website says they have wear but nothing significant that impacts performance of the ball.

My main criteria right now based on my skill level is cheap ball and good for high handicapper like me (in the 90s). My swing is not too fast and I have been working on trying to control a slice with my driver which results in quite a few lost balls. Apparently the lower spin of the soft feels is good for that.
First time ordering from that site and ordering srixon. I did some research before hand and found this article... Based on this I bought 100 soft feels and 100 q star.. any thoughts?

I posted above about urethane vs surlyn/ionomer cover balls...

The most important thing is to play the same ball all the time if possible. The more you can predict what it'll do, the better chance you have at getting it close.

In order of importance to me -
1) Condition - scuffs, tears, anything that changes the aerodynamics of a ball means it's time to go. I don't love the MGS website, but Look at this
2) Spin - If you know what the spin is like you can trust it, for me it's urethane or bust
3) Feel - Personal preference, mostly putting and short game
Dec 28, 2017
133 posts
125 upvotes
cubalis wrote:
I posted above about urethane vs surlyn/ionomer cover balls...

The most important thing is to play the same ball all the time if possible. The more you can predict what it'll do, the better chance you have at getting it close.

1) Condition - scuffs, tears, anything that changes the aerodynamics of a ball means it's time to go. I don't love the MGS website, but Look at this
2) Spin - If you know what the spin is like you can trust it, for me it's urethane or bust
Thanks for the info! Hoping grade b on golfballs.ca is not bad. Would have bought grade a but it was out of stock.
Quick q: what do you mean by MGS site?
Oct 16, 2021
46 posts
24 upvotes
pandaren wrote: Hmmm sportchek does not have q-star lol
They have the AD333s which are the same. I think the AD333s are from Europe.
Nov 14, 2005
490 posts
130 upvotes
TeddyPants wrote: Thanks for the info! Hoping grade b on golfballs.ca is not bad. Would have bought grade a but it was out of stock.
Quick q: what do you mean by MGS site?
The mygolfspy site I linked in that post. They claim to be unbiased in their equipment reviews and analysis, but for reasons I won't get into I just don't trust everything from them. Certainly some ball data with robot testing is good enough to check out though.

Back on topic - b grade should fine for the most part. Don't play the really scuffed balls if you get any, no sense making the already impossibly hard game any harder. They're fine to use for practicing around the greens though.
Apr 18, 2007
692 posts
689 upvotes
TeddyPants wrote: Interesting timing!

Those balls are more than fine. I would say majority of golfers are perfectly fine using any ball they can get their hands on, really doesn't make a drastic difference. In my opinion, ball only starts to matter once you have a repeatable swing and can consistently shoot bogey or better and not lose more than 1-2 balls a round. At that point, you understand your swing, the interaction/feel between your clubhead and ball, and understand how to hit certain shots to achieve the result you're looking for.

It's baffling to me when people use new ProV1s when they can't even shoot under 100, it's a complete waste of money. Just grab bags of used balls like you did, or get KSigs/discount balls.
Jul 1, 2019
154 posts
65 upvotes
cubalis wrote: I posted above about urethane vs surlyn/ionomer cover balls...

How does Surlyn compare to urethane?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)