Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Store Closing - 50% off ticket price Burnaby Big Bend (GVR)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 12:14 pm
[OP]
Feb 17, 2005
898 posts
250 upvotes

[Sport Chek] Store Closing - 50% off ticket price Burnaby Big Bend (GVR)

50% last ticket price. Selection on clothes is "okay"..sizes are another matter. They had Canucks Youth Jerseys (3rd alternate with just the stick in the rink) for $50, so after discount will be $25. the odd selection of soccer jerseys. good amount of cleats (baseball and soccer). Shoes have been kind of picked bare. I'd say lots more women than men's clothing. they had some skates and roller blades, the odd selection of golf clubs. No bikes or snow equipment.

I think they've been in clearance mode for a while, it's only just recently they're "closing" and doing the 50% off the last ticket price.

Good luck in your search. I walked away with just a top. couldn't find many smaller sizes.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 24th, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer field
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5101 posts
1585 upvotes
Vancouver
was there XL size for clothes?
[OP]
Feb 17, 2005
898 posts
250 upvotes
hesp wrote: was there XL size for clothes?

Yeah. T-shirt’s, hoodies and golf tops for sure. Actually if you’re looking for L and XL, the selection is good. If you’re looking for S or M, it’s slim pickings.
Mar 11, 2012
211 posts
105 upvotes
Surrey
porkchopbread wrote: Yeah. T-shirt’s, hoodies and golf tops for sure. Actually if you’re looking for L and XL, the selection is good. If you’re looking for S or M, it’s slim pickings.
Thanks, gonna go check it out tomorrow. Are only clothes on sale or everything in store is on sale?
[OP]
Feb 17, 2005
898 posts
250 upvotes
niuroufensi wrote: Thanks, gonna go check it out tomorrow. Are only clothes on sale or everything in store is on sale?
50% off last ticket price applies to everything. Some things are still regular price though (ie Helly Hansen winter jackets), but most stuff seems to be on sale. Ie an under amour short sleeve button up shirt said $75 reg price and it’s down to $45 sale price and then you’d get 50% on top of that. Being said, that $75 felt a bit of a stretch.

A lot of gear and equipment were reg price. They had some skates that all were reg price. So you’d only get the 50% off that. Not well versed in skates but reg prices were like $249 ish on skates
Mar 11, 2012
211 posts
105 upvotes
Surrey
porkchopbread wrote: 50% off last ticket price applies to everything. Some things are still regular price though (ie Helly Hansen winter jackets), but most stuff seems to be on sale. Ie an under amour short sleeve button up shirt said $75 reg price and it’s down to $45 sale price and then you’d get 50% on top of that. Being said, that $75 felt a bit of a stretch.

A lot of gear and equipment were reg price. They had some skates that all were reg price. So you’d only get the 50% off that. Not well versed in skates but reg prices were like $249 ish on skates
Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4821 posts
406 upvotes
will they price match, bought some stuff there last week?
[OP]
Feb 17, 2005
898 posts
250 upvotes
thehockeyguy wrote: will they price match, bought some stuff there last week?
Don’t know. Ymmv on that one. It’s not operated by liquidators. So they still do returns etc
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5101 posts
1585 upvotes
Vancouver
porkchopbread wrote: Yeah. T-shirt’s, hoodies and golf tops for sure. Actually if you’re looking for L and XL, the selection is good. If you’re looking for S or M, it’s slim pickings.
thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3147 posts
2032 upvotes
Langley
colavs19 wrote: Mostly garbage left
I went in there a month ago and I think they were already in clear out mode, the 50% off sale wasn't happening at that time, so I can imagine it's only worse now.
Nov 6, 2017
117 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
thehockeyguy wrote: will they price match, bought some stuff there last week?
Yes they will. As long as you bought them in 60 days.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1513 posts
381 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Any golf gear? I will try to head there but I hope someone might save me a trip.

Minus the clubs that were mentioned

Thanks!
Apr 30, 2007
112 posts
45 upvotes
based on my experience from 2 years ago (there was a sportchek store closing), even after 50% off the last ticket price, still just normal promotion price, I even found some items more expensive than stores' clearance.
So, I guess it's case by case.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1435 posts
1288 upvotes
i'm working in this area and this outlet has been like this for a long time..
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2731 posts
1395 upvotes
chicot wrote: based on my experience from 2 years ago (there was a sportchek store closing), even after 50% off the last ticket price, still just normal promotion price, I even found some items more expensive than stores' clearance.
So, I guess it's case by case.
hahaha, this!

A couple years ago I was wanting to buy a jacket that was on sale and thought I'd try a local SportChek that was liquidating... that store didn't honour sale prices and even after the 50% discount they had at the time, it was more expensive than the sale price at all the other stores. Always YMMV as there were some good deals to be had.
May 11, 2013
115 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
They shipped out the good stuff, all that's left for guys is casual stuff like Columbia etc no active clothing.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1453 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up an Arc'teryx Centrum LT there this morning for $157.49 after the discount, but that was the only Arc'teryx thing there. Some lady brought like $1000 of shoes.
Apr 21, 2014
128 posts
11 upvotes
BC
any Adidas men and womens clothing? size-small to medium left?
any good deals backpacks?