• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 5:55 am
[OP]
Jul 27, 2015
16 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Sport Chek] Theragun g3 pro $499

Very Hot! Theragun g3 pro $499 from $759.

This is their previous top end device. Replaced by the g4 pro which is quieter and has a lcd display. Functionality wise it is the same. Thousands upon thousands of positive reviews.

I managed a price match at bestbuy.ca
32 replies
Nov 8, 2018
60 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So what makes something like this 6-9 times better than a cheaper machine like the one you can get from Costco?
Mar 5, 2012
652 posts
345 upvotes
Canada
G4 just came out, saw it out at some hockey store and that's probably why they are liquidating them.
Apr 27, 2012
837 posts
674 upvotes
Ottawa
scawscaw wrote: So what makes something like this 6-9 times better than a cheaper machine like the one you can get from Costco?

I can chime in a bit as I have a theragun elite ( new mid range model). I wouldn't say these are worth the price difference. What you're paying for is marketing, more established product in the market and that's about it. Professional clinics tend to have the theragun or the hypervolt. I would say if your buying one yourself, get a cheap one to see if you like it. I originally purchased ops model but returned it cause it was so loud! I didn't need the extra in battery or power so I got the mid range model which I'm much happier with. I never use the Bluetooth function btw. If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them for you.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1489 posts
308 upvotes
stop paying that much for massage guns

my buddy is a physiotherapist and owns a theragun and I let him try my 70$ aliexpress massage gun

and he was like its basically just as good as the theragun
Nov 8, 2018
60 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
benzylique wrote: I can chime in a bit as I have a theragun elite ( new mid range model). I wouldn't say these are worth the price difference. What you're paying for is marketing, more established product in the market and that's about it. Professional clinics tend to have the theragun or the hypervolt. I would say if your buying one yourself, get a cheap one to see if you like it. I originally purchased ops model but returned it cause it was so loud! I didn't need the extra in battery or power so I got the mid range model which I'm much happier with. I never use the Bluetooth function btw. If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them for you.
Yea that makes sense. Thanks for the honest answer. The only thing I could see from research is that the theragun might have longer travel in each "hit" than a cheaper one, but it seems like you can get a decent one for $100 these days pretty easily...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3194 posts
1871 upvotes
Toronto
I have one, paid full price last year and don’t regret it. I have severe issues with my back and this really helps alleviate the pain. I’ve tried some of the $150 amazon ones at a friends place and it really doesn’t compare. I could stop the amazon one with my hand (similar to the Liv model) whereas the g3 pro I can’t. Makes a huge difference in using the machine.

Side note: I would be the exception, I use this almost everyday. If this was just a once in awhile thing amazon ones would be fine.
Sep 29, 2010
464 posts
618 upvotes
AstonM wrote: I have one, paid full price last year and don’t regret it. I have severe issues with my back and this really helps alleviate the pain. I’ve tried some of the $150 amazon ones at a friends place and it really doesn’t compare. I could stop the amazon one with my hand (similar to the Liv model) whereas the g3 pro I can’t. Makes a huge difference in using the machine.

Side note: I would be the exception, I use this almost everyday. If this was just a once in awhile thing amazon ones would be fine.
I will say, some are better than others.

I got a really great one - read the reviews and you can absolutely find one as good as the Theragun.
Nov 8, 2018
60 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
pdipps wrote: I will say, some are better than others.

I got a really great one - read the reviews and you can absolutely find one as good as the Theragun.
Would you be able to share which one you got?
Apr 27, 2012
837 posts
674 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't tried anything else in the past. I do have chronic plantar fasciitis and sore muscles often so it helps out for sure. When I first got it I was using it almost every day but now I use it maybe once a week. No complaints, and I did get mine at 20% off as a first line responder. Still expensive but at the time my foot needed it! I say getting the one from costco is pretty low risk so give it a shot if you like that kind of massage. My wife isn't a huge fan as she just doesn't like the type of massage you get with these things. Get one that isn't that loud too if you can.
Jul 18, 2009
57 posts
47 upvotes
Aurora,ON
I have chronic plantar fasciitis too as another user has said and noticeably improved the pain after just one use so worth every penny in that aspect alone.

Remember to use 10% off coupon for email sign up!
Jul 18, 2009
57 posts
47 upvotes
Aurora,ON
jhwc86 wrote: Costco.ca has one for $85 with multiple colors! https://www.costco.ca/hi5-nova-vibratio ... 81366.html

I think it’s worth it to give it a try vs $500-800 for the same or similar thing?
12mm amplitude is not enough. I bought a similar one from Amazon with what claims to be 15mm amplitude which felt great the first week but left something to be desired after a week's use. I then got the Theragun G3pro which has 16mm amplitude and it feels noticeably more effective with deeper thrusts compared to the $120 knock off on Amazon.

Needless to say I won't be using the knock offs any more.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4187 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've had both the Theragun and Amazon ones. The Amazon ones are better value and work as well, and the Theragun are a touch overpriced but have worked significantly better in my experience.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1226 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Theragun G4 Pro. Picked it up a few weeks ago for $670CAD after Strava discount, and have used it every other day or so since then. As a runner/cyclist and someone who now works from home and sits 8-10 hours a day, it is a great device to use for recovery, loosening up muscles, etc. The extra battery does come in handy although it is not a deal breaker and probably does not warrant the extra $ over the G3. Also considering I do not plan on going to see my RMT or my Chiro anytime soon, I figured this would be a good long-term investment in my health.

I am sure you can get cheaper models off Amazon/Costco as well, but not sure about the quality of those units. They may work fine if you only need it for irregular use.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Feb 11, 2013
860 posts
142 upvotes
BC
Would this work for injuries such as shoulder or sprained ankle??
Jul 13, 2009
236 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
Efexxx wrote: Very Hot! Theragun g3 pro $499 from $759.

This is their previous top end device. Replaced by the g4 pro which is quieter and has a lcd display. Functionality wise it is the same. Thousands upon thousands of positive reviews.

I managed a price match at bestbuy.ca
How do you pricematch online at bestbuy.ca??
Aug 27, 2009
14 posts
1 upvote
vancouver
Question for anyone that owns a Theragun. I recently purchased a Theragun Elite model, impulse buy and wanted to try it out or return it.

As well as using it pre and post workout, Is it only supposed to be used for temporary muscle soreness or tension relief? Or is there long term benefits of using it to reduce and eliminate tension in areas such as the neck, shoulders as a result of working on a computer all day or from whiplash recovery (car accident)?

Any feedback from long time users would be much appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4447 posts
3136 upvotes
Are batteries in these guns replaceable? All batteries eventually will die. On these no-name brands, probably sooner than the more expensive ones. I really like my Ridgid jigsaw with the massage adapter. With Ridgid, the battery is replaceable and there is a lifetime service agreement on the tool and battery. All in, it cost about $200. A corded jigsaw would be less expensive. The downside is that they will likely be heavier and louder than a massage gun, but you've also to the ability to cut wood and other materials.