Thermacell Rechargeable Mosquito Repeller 20% off = $52.49

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 23, 2010
974 posts
476 upvotes
Just so I am clear, the backpacker works just with the pads correct? As the canister provides the fuel?
Jan 1, 2019
81 posts
39 upvotes
arthoe wrote: Was going to purchase refills.. but no free shipping for me :(
free shipping at $99. I bought shorts lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1112 posts
638 upvotes
Solarisphere wrote: I don't see why it wouldn't. It's just an electric heating element vs. a liquid fuel one. We perfected that technology a hundred years ago.

FYI these mosquito repellers only work if the air is very still. If there's any breeze at all it blows the repellent away and leaves you vulnerable.
Great point, thanks for letting us/me know!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1112 posts
638 upvotes
stormsong wrote: Need some fillers for free shipping (over $99), the repeller plus a refill is at $75
Grab another refill, thats what i did
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1112 posts
638 upvotes
refraxion wrote:
Isn't this a different product?
Yeah... That appears to be the Gen 2.0

From their website, it seems that the Gen 2 runs longer, has a better more focused repellent area but it's reduced from 20ft to 15ft and there is a auto-off 2hr timer (which is really nice). I've reached out to Thermacell directly and will update the thread once I hear back.
Last edited by PirateAngel3000 on Jun 17th, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2272 posts
671 upvotes
416vtyou wrote: Is it possible to DIY the refills for these?
Yes, its easy, the wick twists out and you refill with the same liquid dilution you'd use for the pads. Couple videos on youtube.

I like these rechargeable ones more than the butane.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Dec 14, 2011
667 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
sixteen12 wrote: Yes, its easy, the wick twists out and you refill with the same liquid dilution you'd use for the pads. Couple videos on youtube.

I like these rechargeable ones more than the butane.
If this is the case I would totally go for the Rechargeable version over the Backpacker. At work right now and wasn't able to look on YouTube... Time to cancel my Backpacker order lol
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3877 posts
6199 upvotes
Langley, BC
ordered with 2 refills, free shipping

thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2272 posts
671 upvotes
416vtyou wrote: If this is the case I would totally go for the Rechargeable version over the Backpacker. At work right now and wasn't able to look on YouTube... Time to cancel my Backpacker order lol

I haven't run out of my first 40hr refill, but i tried pulling the wick on the 12 hour one that came with and it comes out easily. Just ordered the refill materials as well.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3877 posts
6199 upvotes
Langley, BC
sixteen12 wrote:

I haven't run out of my first 40hr refill, but i tried pulling the wick on the 12 hour one that came with and it comes out easily. Just ordered the refill materials as well.
but what do you put in it?
Dec 14, 2011
667 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
sixteen12 wrote:

steven80 wrote: but what do you put in it?
Someone mentioned this in the other thread:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333101433639?m ... 01&mkevt=1

Don't seem to be able to buy it in Canada though.. if anyone's doing a group buy from the States I'd be willing to join Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2272 posts
671 upvotes
416vtyou wrote: Someone mentioned this in the other thread:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333101433639?m ... 01&mkevt=1

Don't seem to be able to buy it in Canada though.. if anyone's doing a group buy from the States I'd be willing to join Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You should be able to find it at a horse supply store/saddlery, or agriculture store like TSC. Just have to dilute it before using. Protector Of House & Garden and Celebration Spot On are sold in Canada.
Dec 14, 2011
667 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, was just about to place an order for the E55 Rechargeable and sold out.. if anyone has buyers remorse in Toronto please let me know Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)