• Aug 10th, 2021 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2261 posts
867 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Slawek wrote: Does this product actually work vs the butane style?
Or those curly candles Asian people use? Or what I use, the flamethrower style?
Sep 17, 2005
591 posts
57 upvotes
YVR
well that was a fun price match for a 48hr refill pack at CT ….. as in not at all, I wish CT price matches were a little more streamlined and/or the cashiers at CT customer service were a little more knowledgeable with their own policy, every time I PM at CT it’s such a time killer, only reason I ever do usually is because I need a product ASAP….. only reason I didn’t PM with HD its cus sportchek didn’t have any in stock locally (so I can’t get the 10% price beat, only a match) and my local HD is too far…. blah
XBL - airjordan604 | PSN - airjordan604
Dec 14, 2004
924 posts
203 upvotes
Waterloo
sixteen12 wrote: You should be able to find it at a horse supply store/saddlery, or agriculture store like TSC. Just have to dilute it before using. Protector Of House & Garden and Celebration Spot On are sold in Canada.
Anybody know the proper ratio of Permethrin to water?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1105 posts
636 upvotes
mre wrote: Anybody know the proper ratio of Permethrin to water?
I believe I read 6:1 permethrin to water but I'd still look it up and see
Dec 14, 2011
665 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has found Permethrin in southern Ontario please post it here!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2335 posts
2976 upvotes
West GTA
I guess this device is basically a mosquito coil without the exterior burning and a large markup on refills? I'm personally finding it tough to justify the price increase for regular use, given the coils are extremely cheap (a few bucks for 20, each burning for 7 hours) and work great.

I do however like the portable option - I could imagine it'd be great for camping trips.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1071 posts
400 upvotes
grumble wrote: I guess this device is basically a mosquito coil without the exterior burning and a large markup on refills? I'm personally finding it tough to justify the price increase for regular use, given the coils are extremely cheap (a few bucks for 20, each burning for 7 hours) and work great.

I do however like the portable option - I could imagine it'd be great for camping trips.
Coils smoke and smell like crap. Thermacell has low/no odour and no smoke. Much better than coils IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7281 posts
3454 upvotes
Canuckland
416vtyou wrote: Awesome thanks for the link! Don't want to seem rude but isn't this a little weak? The US Ebay one was 36.8% Permethrin :o
Dont need, I’d just buy the tablets for like $30 for 300

I diluted it to .6 percent for my clothes
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5454 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
I have pad refills from last year, which version would be the best to get for hiking?
Jan 31, 2008
13 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry , no pics ... saw 2 days ago E55 in clearance at Walmart Golden Mile / Scarborough - multiple units , in the garden center area; Refill too - was only one left on shelf ; both half price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)