• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 7:44 pm
[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
137 posts
194 upvotes
VANCOUVER

Sport Chek VIP Code Begging - Ban or Sub-Thread

Specific to sport chek vip codes, but I’m sure can be used for other similar deals.

The sport chek vip forum turns into code begging, instead of a forum about the deal itself.
This is frustrating for those with genuine questions, and answers. As they got lost in the begging posts.

I do think there is an opportunity for a sub-forum (linked in the info section ?), to match those looking for a code, to those who have extra codes and want to give back to this community.

And then code begging would be banned in the main thread.

Hoping the RFD mods have a recco in how to achieve this.
12 replies
Sep 27, 2003
10900 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
We have a dedicated thread for Staples Coupon Codes. Wondering if the same could apply here @TomRFD?
RFD Forums Moderator
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16933 posts
33254 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote: We have a dedicated thread for Staples Coupon Codes. Wondering if the same could apply here @TomRFD?
I think we can make that happen. I'll start it this afternoon.
RFD Staff - Currently AFK; PM CarrieRFD your RFD related questions
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17006 posts
12407 upvotes
Toronto
yes please, thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7554 posts
8324 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Unprompted PMs that are solely to code beg should result in the sender being kicked off the site as well. What a bunch of nonsense.
Sep 27, 2003
10900 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
chemicalxv wrote: Unprompted PMs that are solely to code beg should result in the sender being kicked off the site as well. What a bunch of nonsense.
Please report those. We will deal with them accordingly.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13433 posts
8800 upvotes
Markham
chemicalxv wrote: Unprompted PMs that are solely to code beg should result in the sender being kicked off the site as well. What a bunch of nonsense.
WorldIRC wrote:
Please report those. We will deal with them accordingly.
Why?

It might be annoying, but does it break the rules?

Just asking
Sep 27, 2003
10900 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
smartie wrote: Why?

It might be annoying, but does it break the rules?

Just asking
It doesn’t break the rules but it could become annoying enough for others to stop participating.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13433 posts
8800 upvotes
Markham
WorldIRC wrote: It doesn’t break the rules but it could become annoying enough for others to stop participating.
That's fair

I just hope this won't happen if it doesn't break the rule - "being kicked off the site as well"
Sep 27, 2003
10900 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
smartie wrote: That's fair

I just hope this won't happen if it doesn't break the rule - "being kicked off the site as well"
Of course not
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9194 upvotes
The NORTH
So is code begging allowed? I don't see a rule against it but another thread in the hot deals section Battlefield 4 thread has devolved into begging for codes.