Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Weight Lifting Gloves + some other accessories on Clearance | Starting $4.88 + FS

Dec 2, 2007
511 posts
284 upvotes
yao416 wrote: I need a glove to ride my scooter. Which one
Buy some cheap motorcycle gloves off Amazon. You want something with a leather or armored palm so if you do go down it doesn't shred immediately.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
dazz wrote: Don't argue with a 130lb man trying e-fight you. Let him curl his 20's without gloves but with a proper form and massive grip strength... Face With Tears Of Joy

The real fact of the matter, do what you want and don't judge others.
Hey I'm 130 pounds, strength is relative to your size. My momma tells me I am strong pound for pound.
Banned
Sep 13, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP. Ordered some gloves - free shipping code worked
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Parrajara wrote: @WikkiWikki, I can assure you the last thing I seek is validation from a stranger. My first comment on this post was composed of a joke, followed by a statement that was serious. You decided to quote the joke, rather than confront the truth. Why? I don't know, perhaps it's a topic that hits home for you. So sensitive.

Anyway, plenty of valid resources online for everyone to educate themselves. At the end of the day, not everyone at the gym is there to gain muscle mass, some simply want to exercise, or to tone up. Do what you please, but if you want maximum results don't wear gloves. If you don't care, wear them. Simple as that.

Peace out

There are definitely a lot of online resources for everything, and for every thing, theres a contradicting article for it. Even you gloves vs no gloves argument.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote: Hey I'm 130 pounds, strength is relative to your size. My momma tells me I am strong pound for pound.
Hahaha for real! I'm usually around 200lbs and have gotten up to 230lbs before (mostly muscle), and there are 130lb dudes I wouldn't mess with. Its funny how there are men that feel tough because they can lift "heavy", which squatting 4 plates is really not 🤣

Enjoy your light weight, it comes with less joint and mobility complications anyways! I'm currently sitting at around 190lbs cause I stopped lifting weights since COVID and focused on plyometrics and calisthenics. Also started taking Muay Thai. After years of injuries from playing football and weight lifting, I've learned that there isn't anything nearly as good as being functional.

And my man @WikkiWikki, you'll honestly be fine with gloves. Use them if thats your preference. The difference is minimal, but to say there isn't one is negligence.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Parrajara wrote: Lol... thanks big dog. Im sure I have tons to learn from the fit4less guy.

You really gonna sit here and tell people that wearing gloves has absolutely no impact on their progress? gtfo with your bro science. I've been working out for over a decade and have read plenty of books on anatomy, have trained with multiple advanced trainers, and have myself trained with and without gloves. But sure, if trying to undermine me without even knowing me makes your point more valid 🤙 Meat head
You haven't given a single proof. Not once you quoted any scientific articles or provided ANY proof. Anatomy books( I am guessing in middle school??) won't give you the glove knowledge, fyi
All you did for the whole thread, was stating your beliefs while attacking others. And now you continue to throw personal attacks and state what I say is bro science?! All while hiding behind a computer and providing no proof other than your personal opinions lol...
And as expected, not once you provided any sort of evidence of your sci-fi beliefs. Is that an adult-like, rational behavior? It is not...
Now you imply those who go to fit4less are inferior and thus lack skills and knowledge?! You are continuing to embarrass yourself with the nonsense.

And yes, gloves have 0 impact on your progress in hypertrophy or strength training in general. 0. That is ZERO. In some cases, they may HELP, if you are unable to complete an exercise without them. All of that and more I've stated before, but your arrogance stops you from seeing other points of view.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
dazz wrote: You haven't given a single proof. Not once you quoted any scientific articles or provided ANY proof. Anatomy books( I am guessing in middle school??) won't give you the glove knowledge, fyi
All you did for the whole thread, was stating your beliefs while attacking others. And now you continue to throw personal attacks and state what I say is bro science?! All while hiding behind a computer and providing no proof other than your personal opinions lol...
And as expected, not once you provided any sort of evidence of your sci-fi beliefs. Is that an adult-like, rational behavior? It is not...
Now you imply those who go to fit4less are inferior and thus lack skills and knowledge?! You are continuing to embarrass yourself with the nonsense.

And yes, gloves have 0 impact on your progress in hypertrophy or strength training in general. 0. That is ZERO. In some cases, they may HELP, if you are unable to complete an exercise without them. All of that and more I've stated before, but your arrogance stops you from seeing other points of view.
Actually my first post was a joke, which in the same post was followed by a serious suggestion to others. But all you sensitive people out there get so triggered over a joke. And from your defensiveness the whole argument stemmed. I wasn't even talking to you, yet you felt obliged to jump in. When I ignored your comment you proceeded to quote me directly, because you want it to keep on going. Don't try and play the good boy card here, lmao.

I haven't provided proof because I quite frankly don't care for convincing you or others. I got better shit to do than look for articles to prove others wrong.

Its funny that you say I embarras myself by making unproven claims and taking stabs at others, but youre sitting there making a whole bunch of assumptions about me without even knowing me. Anyway, this is the last second I waste on you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Parrajara wrote: I haven't provided proof because I quite frankly don't care for convincing you or others. I got better shit to do than look for articles to prove others wrong.
No, you gave no proof because it doesn't exist. We all thank you for your personal opinion though.
Jul 28, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
I am a noob lifter, so my opinion doesn't matter much, but I feel like gloves give me a huge motivation boost placebo effect. Almost like equipping a rare armor in a video game. They look really cool and put you in the zone. The medium gloves I got from this deal were a bit small for my hands but after wearing them twice they have loosened up and aren't uncomfortable, but I recommend anyone that doesn't have really tiny hands go for the large size on these types of gloves.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
Came for comments and was not disappoint.

Sport Chek should do a bogo - lifting gloves with matching purse/european carry-all for transport to gym. Couldn't resist!
Nov 20, 2014
336 posts
162 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The glove vs no glove meme has been propagated since the early 2000s lol. When I first started working out for about 3-4 years I used to use gloves. As I moved into power lifting at heavy weights I found that they hindered my progress as they started to slip around on my hand and mess up my grip requiring me to adjust my grip multiple times during the set. I was wearing quite fitting gloves of different models too so I guess they were failing or just cheap. After getting used to gloveless training it just feels more natural to me, I only use straps or chalk as needed now. Just do what you want.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1476 posts
602 upvotes
I rarely see experienced trainers wear gloves. My assumption is once your hands develop calluses and gets use to the bar, they're no longer required. I tried gloves in my earlier days but didn't like that bit of extra bulk and eventually stopped using them. During Covid, I've been working out from home using the Bowflex dumbbells. The grooves are so deep, it was too painful for bare hand. So I guess tolerance to the bar does play a part for wearing gloves.

Personally, I don't think gloves hinder progress. After 20 years of training, my brother still uses them. Although I find it odd he prefers gloves (being an experienced lifter), his progress was similar to mine.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Meridian wrote: I rarely see experienced trainers wear gloves. My assumption is once your hands develop calluses and gets use to the bar, they're no longer required. I tried gloves in my earlier days but didn't like that bit of extra bulk and eventually stopped using them. During Covid, I've been working out from home using the Bowflex dumbbells. The grooves are so deep, it was too painful for bare hand. So I guess tolerance to the bar does play a part for wearing gloves.

Personally, I don't think gloves hinder progress. After 20 years of training, my brother still uses them. Although I find it odd he prefers gloves (being an experienced lifter), his progress was similar to mine.
They should not hinder any progress in general, in fact they can help in some people. For me gloves are no different that working out barefoot or with socks.
Some grip issues arise in certain gloves that don't fit properly with certain materials that crumble, so that can be a negative. There are many glove types I would not use because of it. Thick gloves( padding on the inside) are a no-no FOR ME as they would hinder MY progress so after trying a pair, I switched to normal thin ones. Some gloves also have wrist support and can offer a great deal of benefit to those who have any wrist issues
The debate has been going on for ages and it's all based on opinions and there are no facts - that's why when someone try to state that gloves hinder progress, it's a bogus statement,unless that person only speaks from personal experience and identifies so. Most people I know don't use gloves because others told them not to or because they don't see why they should. At the end of the day it's just bro-science.
We all have different styles of grip, different ways we gripping, different shapes of our hands and of course, wear different gloves. What can work for 9 people, will not work for that 1 who will hate it and THAT'S OK!

The topic would be more debatable if we talked about STRAPS as there are more concrete evidence to support statements of pro/cons when using straps and still, it highly depends on the type of training you do as well. With gloves, it's just a nonsense debate that has no winners as it pretty much a personal preference. It's just sad when some choose to hate and belittle others for using an accessory instead of just concentrating on their own workouts.

You love them, great, you prefer to not use them, amazing.
Sep 30, 2020
22 posts
8 upvotes
SCSHIP code for free shipping did not work anymore since Oct 1st
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
JJSmiles wrote: SCSHIP code for free shipping did not work anymore since Oct 1st
damn, i wanted to order 1 small item from SC lol o well!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>