Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Wilson Evolution Basketball - Optic Yellow or Black $37.98 and free ship with codes

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2020 7:58 am
[OP]
Mar 9, 2010
917 posts
1173 upvotes
HRM, NS

[Sport Chek] Wilson Evolution Basketball - Optic Yellow or Black $37.98 and free ship with codes

One day ONLINE flash sale, Feb 5. Sport Chek has the Wilson Evolution Indoor Basketball - optic yellow lettering or all black - on sale for $39.98 ($37.98 with code below). Regular price is $74.99. This is a very good price on a very popular model among school basketball players. As with many of these sales, you might be able to stack a sign-up or other rebate (don't have one to test right now).

UPDATED" use code "TAKE5" for an additional 5% off, use code "SCSHIP" for free shipping.
These will stack.

Optic Yellow: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/wom ... 3019905_99

Black: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/kid ... 2486996_99

Rakuten is 1%, GCR is 2.5% cash back.
Last edited by jdmhfx on Feb 5th, 2020 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
5 replies
Mar 3, 2009
112 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the black evolution ball before. Feels nothing like the regular evolution ball. More rubbery and cheap feeling. I returned it and bought the regular evolution ball. I can't speak for the yellow version as I have not seen it.
Dec 29, 2012
450 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Good price, but both these balls don't feel as good as the regular evolution
[OP]
Mar 9, 2010
917 posts
1173 upvotes
HRM, NS
hydewolf wrote: Good price, but both these balls don't feel as good as the regular evolution
I can see this being the case with the black but the yellow lettering makes a difference? Curious because my son plays and am thinking about pulling the trigger.

I have read that sometimes it is the factory is comes from - Amazon reviews suggest balls with a 3-letter code near the valve starting with an "N" code are better than balls with an "X" code. Wonder if this is the difference?
Dec 29, 2012
450 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
jdmhfx wrote: I can see this being the case with the black but the yellow lettering makes a difference? Curious because my son plays and am thinking about pulling the trigger.
The black won definently feels worse of the two. The yellow one is decent, I'm using it as my back up ball which I keep in the car all the time. It's good enough but can still feel the difference between it and the regular evolution. It feels a bit more harder. It's not the lettering makingp⁰ the difference. Probably has to do with the factory it was made in
May 12, 2003
692 posts
55 upvotes
Would not recommend these, the feel is definitely off, just pay $10 more and get the normal one here:

http://www.sportsequipmentoftoronto.com ... itemid=350

Sports Equipment is a legit store, you can go there to pick it up if you are concerned about shipping, just call ahead, sometimes they run out of stock

This place is similar to Marchants (selling for $55)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)