• Jan 24th, 2022 5:59 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2019
508 posts
1701 upvotes
Smithers, BC

[Sport Chek] Woods Avens Down Parka (Men's/Women's) -- $150

Woods Men's Avens Down Parka--Black
Woods Men's Avens Down Parka--Total Eclipse (Blue/Grey?)
Woods Women's Avens Insulated Parka--Black

These seem very favorably reviewed on Sport Chek, and $150 seems a good price for a down parka.
116 replies
Aug 23, 2005
524 posts
362 upvotes
Ontario
SamuelNapper wrote: How realistic is the $450 "regular price"?
Not very at all, Canadian Tire brand.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11383 posts
2367 upvotes
Fill: 80 / 20 Duck Down / Duck Feathers (Allied Feather & Down®)
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Jul 10, 2019
32 posts
36 upvotes
Closer to $269 regular price, which is what the newer version of the jacket is going for.

I'm actually tempted. Some good reviews on Atmosphere website for the jacket (although those could be fake reviews).

Can return if it's not up to snuff.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Jun 29, 2010
582 posts
931 upvotes
82 wrote: Fill: 80 / 20 Duck Down / Duck Feathers (Allied Feather & Down®)
Why did you bold feathers? There will never be 100% down unless you're being lied to because feathers will always be mixed in.

80/20 down-to-feather ratio is what CG typically uses, as well as many other brands, with 90/10 being much rarer.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4699 posts
3642 upvotes
The email that Atmosphere sent out this morning that has the OP jacket also has the Helly Hansen Men's Juniper 3.0 Jacket on sale for the same original price of $450 also reduced to $150, but when I click on the link, it's showing no discount at all. Is anyone seeing it for $150?

HERE is the full list of winter outerwear items where I noticed it.
Dec 8, 2010
46 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I'm seeing $150. Not a bad looking jacket at all.
Nov 23, 2004
932 posts
266 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: The email that Atmosphere sent out this morning that has the OP jacket also has the Helly Hansen Men's Juniper 3.0 Jacket on sale for the same original price of $450 also reduced to $150, but when I click on the link, it's showing no discount at all. Is anyone seeing it for $150?

I see it for $150.
Dec 18, 2019
10 posts
3 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: The email that Atmosphere sent out this morning that has the OP jacket also has the Helly Hansen Men's Juniper 3.0 Jacket on sale for the same original price of $450 also reduced to $150, but when I click on the link, it's showing no discount at all. Is anyone seeing it for $150?

Clicked your link and see the HH Juniper for $150
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3419 posts
1805 upvotes
Airdrie
Came to post this. I had a Triangle offer to get $15 bonus CT money WUS $75, so net $135. Wife got a Woods parka a couple years ago (back when they still had real fur trim - sigh, those were the days...). Super warm. Not sure if they're still as good but I'll try it. Easy returns.

Edit: just checked my records. Wife's parka was the Alverstone Expedition. Real fur and 800 down, but it was $300 3 years ago.

Edit 2: I also had a 15x points offer activated. Wasn't sure if they'd stack but my order now shows $30.60 CT money collected!
Last edited by jdewit on Jan 13th, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4699 posts
3642 upvotes
freebies_r_us wrote: I see it for $150.
Decalogs wrote: Clicked your link and see the HH Juniper for $150
Strange. I've tried my laptop and phone and both show $450. I don't think I was going to buy it anyway, but it does look like a nice jacket.

EDIT: Added to cart and then I see $150. Still probably not going to buy...
Nov 10, 2003
715 posts
309 upvotes
Richmond

Click you link and see $450, but the price drop to $150 when added to the cart.
Sep 16, 2014
170 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
love this jacket, but not @ the regular price. I bought several of these for myself at the aw shit here we go again sales.

They get the full 75% off or so and cost around $115 but id still buy this at $150
Dec 3, 2018
311 posts
754 upvotes
jdewit wrote: Agreed. For $270 you can get a very similar parka from Eddie Bauer with 650 down.
The jackets will provide similar warmth but the biggest issue I have with most EB parkas is the use of velcro on the cuffs and zipper wind guard where as this Woods parka uses traditional snap fastners which is much better imho.

This is a good deal @ $150 and even better if you can use a newsletter sign-up code and get another 10% off.
Nov 10, 2008
935 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like a fairly baggy fit. Anyone confirm?
Oct 27, 2016
85 posts
133 upvotes
NB
I bought the "McBride down bomber" with real coyote fur a couple years back for $240. 700 duck down, waterproof, Woods makes some great jackets.
Dec 3, 2018
311 posts
754 upvotes
Freddydood wrote: I bought the "McBride down bomber" with real coyote fur a couple years back for $240. 700 duck down, waterproof, Woods makes some great jackets.
Yes! I have the same jacket (albeit I paid less Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes) and it's such a nice coat but the McBride was 1st generation Woods @ SportChek when they relaunched the brand and hit the ground running with some very high-end jackets (Alverstone Parka, McBride Bomber, etc...) and equally high prices to go with them only for them to start down-scaling them the following years to lower the price point I think. Also Mark's got out of the fur business the following year so that forced all the brands they sell to switch to faux which is why all Woods jackets since the Alverstone and McBride have all had faux fur. Despite the Woods heritage and history alot of people today aren't familiar with it but if you look at the first Canadian expedition to summit Mount Everest (1982!) look at the base camp photos and you'll see a lot of Woods tents and people wearing bright blue Woods puffer parkas.