Sport Chek

Woods Avens Down Parka (Men's/Women's) -- $150

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2022 7:50 pm
Sep 18, 2017
434 posts
691 upvotes
GVRD
from my scouring of all the jackets out there this seems like a pretty good buy for a down (600 fiil) insulated jacket.
many of the others have 100% polyester fill (or like cotton batting in my opinion) dressed up in fancy names (Primaloft, Thermarator polyester insulation, etc) .
sure it was never worth $450, but for $150 and it keeps you warm then it has done it's job.
you can always spend more.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11536 posts
2468 upvotes
thanks, I bold it because didn't know that, learned something new.

Last year I was shopping for a winter jacket in Sportchek and found Woods Jacket to be very well built. I ended up purchased a Northface directly from TNF because I had a 50% discount code but $150 is a good price especially if you can combine with other promo like 10% signup, 20x bonus Triangle reward...etc.
SonyCanWoes wrote: Why did you bold feathers? There will never be 100% down unless you're being lied to because feathers will always be mixed in.

80/20 down-to-feather ratio is what CG typically uses, as well as many other brands, with 90/10 being much rarer.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Sep 13, 2017
19 posts
41 upvotes
There is also a $20 off $100 spent at Sport Check in the app for Candian Tire Mastercard holders. Thank you OP, bought 1.
Jun 13, 2017
163 posts
103 upvotes
Looks like a good buy! Can anyone confirm the fit? I switch between a Medium to a Large. Will the Large be too big? Thanks
Jan 15, 2019
23 posts
39 upvotes
Waterloo
Just bought this in-store and got medium (my usual size). Beautiful coat and great deal!

The medium fits true to size and still has a bit of give. There are internal cords you can pull to make it tighter around the waist as well.

I also tried on the "Worthington" model which was also really nice, but it fit small. The Medium barely fit around my waist and was very tight in the arms as well. I tried on a large and it was almost too big unless you wore a sweater underneath.

I used a dummy email and got the 10% off coupon and then had a Triangle offer for $20 in CT money with $100+ purchase. Came to $152 after tax - $20 CT money = $132 net.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6371 posts
4886 upvotes
M-Arkham
Buy ur winter jackets in the summer months when they do out of season clearances.

Picked up a tnf mcmurdo for $90 off the clearance rack back in June at a sportchek, n I also got an in app offer of 23x cdn money which made it a flicking sreal
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Apr 11, 2009
191 posts
50 upvotes
I bought this in December when it went on sale for $225. Disappointed I didn’t get it for $150, but still happy with the jacket. I got a medium as well and found it fit pretty true to size. I’d buy it again for $225 to be honest. I liked this jacket more than the others I saw at sport check, I just find the straps inside to be odd and will likely cut them out one of these days.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11536 posts
2468 upvotes
Does the "Worthington" feel warm and light? I am looking something light and warm for my mom. thanks
gooz83 wrote: Just bought this in-store and got medium (my usual size). Beautiful coat and great deal!

The medium fits true to size and still has a bit of give. There are internal cords you can pull to make it tighter around the waist as well.

I also tried on the "Worthington" model which was also really nice, but it fit small. The Medium barely fit around my waist and was very tight in the arms as well. I tried on a large and it was almost too big unless you wore a sweater underneath.

I used a dummy email and got the 10% off coupon and then had a Triangle offer for $20 in CT money with $100+ purchase. Came to $152 after tax - $20 CT money = $132 net.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Jun 6, 2011
351 posts
297 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: The email that Atmosphere sent out this morning that has the OP jacket also has the Helly Hansen Men's Juniper 3.0 Jacket on sale for the same original price of $450 also reduced to $150, but when I click on the link, it's showing no discount at all. Is anyone seeing it for $150?

HERE is the full list of winter outerwear items where I noticed it.
Hold on. Isn't this the read deal here? Helly Hansen jacket for the same price as the Canadian Tire home brand! I still have a few seasons left in my current jacket but really wondering if I'll get as decent a deal as this. I'm going to pull the trigger on those snow pants now for sure. Just worried about the sizing... seems returns with atmosphere could be costly with me having to cover postage.
Jun 6, 2011
351 posts
297 upvotes
Ottawa
Just noticed Sports Chek has the same deals and store location in Ottawa! A whole new HH ski outfit for under $300. How am I the only one excited about this?
Jan 15, 2019
23 posts
39 upvotes
Waterloo
82 wrote: Does the "Worthington" feel warm and light? I am looking something light and warm for my mom. thanks
I would say it's definitely warm and slightly lighter than the Avens model but not by much. I'd suggest trying on in store if you can because the sizing was different between these two models.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1397 posts
624 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Everything seems out of stock in my area store. unless their in store inventory system is garbage. Probably too late for this deal anyway. Need a new ski jacket
Mar 5, 2008
469 posts
136 upvotes
honestly for 150$ you're not gonna get something better than this.

looks good for like shoveling your driveways, or waiting at a bus stop or in a queue for something.
Jun 6, 2011
351 posts
297 upvotes
Ottawa
Helly Hansen is owned by Canadian Tire??! Huh, Didn't know CT was that powerful a retailer. Good for them!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1793 posts
1327 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, this is a great deal when bundled with the 10% off newsletter coupon (-$15) and the Triangle $20 off $100 offer. Plus whatever you get if you have the Triangle MC. Unfortunately no 25x for winter jackets for me this week lol
Aug 21, 2011
179 posts
144 upvotes
navyblue wrote: i was at sportchek on tuesday looking at jackets, and low and behold this deal comes up, went back today and all my deals aligned at the right time.

with the 10% email signup, came to $152 after tax; but i also had offer of $25 spend $125 at sportchek + 25x on jacket + a "surprise bonus rewards" of 25x on anything at anystore; all that added up to $54.10 in rewards

so $100 all in for the jacket for me; got black XL; i usually get a L but i had to upsize for this jacket.
So the Triangle app offers do stack? Couldn't see it for sure in the offer terms.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3483 posts
1917 upvotes
Airdrie
nico29 wrote: So the Triangle app offers do stack? Couldn't see it for sure in the offer terms.
I stacked 2 offers for $30.60 CT money.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2824 posts
1412 upvotes
Decided to pull the trigger on this and ship to home, shows limited stock anywhere near me.
If I don't like it, can always take it back.

I am usually a medium in jackets, hope it fits ok.

Used the 10% email signup as well, and have the spend $80, receive $20 CT money and 25x bonus on jackets at Sport Check offers.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3668 posts
908 upvotes
GTA North
The boy is 5 ft 7, 120lb. Any idea what size he would be ? He's at that awkward fit between youth and adult. Thanks.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Mar 6, 2017
42 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just wanted to give my feedback. I bought this jacket during boxing day for ~$350 (can't remember) but noticed that it was $150 yesterday and did a price adjustment. Pretty happy to have saved over $200 after taxes!

I'm 5 ft 6, 150lbs and I hate it when all the brands have such boxy fits. This is the only decently jacket I found that has an athletic/slimmer fit. It was great when Vancouver hit -10 (-15 to -20 with windchill)!

If you prefer slimmer/athletic fit, I'd say this is the one to get.

Edit: Oops forgot to say that I got the small (men's)
Last edited by BigChigg on Jan 16th, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.