YETI LoadOut Gobox 30 - Clearance $247 + Stackable Discounts - *Not a Cooler*

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 7:52 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16248 posts
7953 upvotes
Ottawa
ChicoQuente wrote: I fail to see how people thought “not a cooler” was necessary in the title. Absolutely NOTHING about “LoadOut Gobox 30” says or implies it was a cooler to begin with. Assuming it is a cooler based on the name
“Yeti” is your own fault not the OP. The original post was quite accurate.
I would say that every title should have a common noun indicating *what* it is. LoadOut Gobox 30 cargo case in the title. would have been informative enough

I own a Yeti cooler (until it was stolen) and I didn't know about these cases, so I learned something new myself. After owning a few of their products, I'm not convinced Yeti stuff is worth their sky high prices,
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4502 posts
5478 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
input wrote: I saw a box with the words YETI and I automatically assumed that it was a cooler.
I can sell you Magic Beans. They're Magical
Apr 27, 2012
845 posts
682 upvotes
Ottawa
warpdrive wrote: I would say that every title should have a common noun indicating *what* it is. LoadOut Gobox 30 cargo case in the title. would have been informative enough

I own a Yeti cooler (until it was stolen) and I didn't know about these cases, so I learned something new myself. After owning a few of their products, I'm not convinced Yeti stuff is worth their sky high prices,
How did it get stolen?
I have one of my own and have yet to use it but agree it's a huge magnet for theft!
Apr 9, 2012
380 posts
141 upvotes
Debating this for my cigars
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16248 posts
7953 upvotes
Ottawa
benzylique wrote: How did it get stolen?
I have one of my own and have yet to use it but agree it's a huge magnet for theft!
It was our stupidity and just bad luck. It was one of the smaller coolers. We went to a hotel and my wife left it in the near the front counter while we were checking in, and there happened to a guy in the lobby who wasn't a guest of the hotel (you can guess what that means, he was scoping out guests). When we walked away from it to to get to our the room, he made a beeline for the cooler and walked out with it. It was all caught on security cameras but little good that does.
Mostly it was empty, so he got some nice ice packs, a few chocolate bars, fruits and juice.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Apr 27, 2012
845 posts
682 upvotes
Ottawa
warpdrive wrote: It was our stupidity and just bad luck. It was one of the smaller coolers. We went to a hotel and my wife left it in the near the front counter while we were checking in, and there happened to a guy in the lobby who wasn't a guest of the hotel (you can guess what that means, he was scoping out guests). When we walked away from it to to get to our the room, he made a beeline for the cooler and walked out with it. It was all caught on security cameras but little good that does.
Mostly it was empty, so he got some nice ice packs, a few chocolate bars, fruits and juice.
what a pain. Getting stuff stolen sucks big time. At least it wasn't one of your audiophile headsets!
I bought one of those big ones that you can tow around but thought to myself, when would I ever use this... I wouldn't feel safe leaving it exposed at the campsite. I should have just gotten a cheap one that I can leave out as I rarely camp more than 2 days at a time. It has sat in the basement for the last 2 years lol.
Hopefully during a big yeti sale, you can replace it or get something a little more concealed with just as good performance (pelican).
Aug 5, 2007
263 posts
237 upvotes
I get Yeti coolers for free with my uline orders. They're great.
Sep 19, 2005
672 posts
287 upvotes
i own probably $3k worth of yeti gear between their coolers, ramblers, chair & blanket... love every single one of them though i agree they are bottom of the pile when it comes to value for money...
but i gotta say i just don't understand why anyone would want this... or their buckets... it's literally just a box...
it doesn't hold ice longer than competitors like their coolers and ramblers...
or feel super comfortable and hyper durable like their chair & blanket...
or even just have some cool little features that make storing and getting gear a tiny bit easier...

it's
literally
just
a
box
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16248 posts
7953 upvotes
Ottawa
The "holding ice longer than competitors" thing is debatable. Reviews have shown some of them to be underwhelming.

Theft could be a real issue......if it's marked Yeti, you'd better have it chained or something.....it can be a magnet for theft. I wouldn't leave my $400 dog bed just lying around the campsite.

I'll replace my Yeti with something lower profile......travelling is difficult enough so you do NOT want to stand out at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2406 posts
1920 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I own a Yeti cooler (until it was stolen) and I didn't know about these cases, so I learned something new myself.
These thieves know their stuff!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2756 posts
691 upvotes
I have the same concerns with using a YETI with regards to thefts. One of the reasons I got a smaller Roadie 24 so I can fit it in my trunk instead of one of the bigger ones where it'd have to go in the back seat and be visible and risk a smashed window.
Dec 2, 2016
348 posts
392 upvotes
I'll take the dollarama version for $4 thanks. If it breaks after a year, I'll just buy another, and I'm still ahead $250 bucks.
Jul 25, 2021
23 posts
43 upvotes
What should I be googling when looking for a cooler that is as "efficient" as a yeti? is there a proprietary technology or some key word to search?
Sep 19, 2005
672 posts
287 upvotes
Classech wrote: What should I be googling when looking for a cooler that is as "efficient" as a yeti? is there a proprietary technology or some key word to search?
"roto-molded" is the word you are looking for
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3390 posts
2081 upvotes
West Coast
COOLAH.png
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16248 posts
7953 upvotes
Ottawa
Classech wrote: What should I be googling when looking for a cooler that is as "efficient" as a yeti? is there a proprietary technology or some key word to search?
Most of the "high end" coolers use the same "tech".....it's really just a matter of how much insulation they have and how thick it is.

Yeti's don't necessary perform the best. This Yeti was outperformed by a cheap Coleman and whipped by a Cabelas (which is in the same price range)

I have another cooler which is a larger Pelican and it was a bit cheaper than the comparable Yeti and reviews say it's just as performant.
Sep 19, 2005
672 posts
287 upvotes
hmmmm... didn't know sportchek moves products from clearance back...
it's back to regular price now...