• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 6:33 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
2097 posts
943 upvotes
gta

Sportchek customer service nonexistent during covid-19

Anyone experience this? I had two items that were returned to sportchek by UPS cause mall was close and ups couldn't make the delivery.
The day I made the order which was on April 23, I tried to update my delivery address but both sportchek and ups said I cant .
After that, I tried emailing sportchek 5 different times to get update on my order but get no reply at all. Calling their phone number gets no live agent to help.
I checked UPS tracking, and it shows both items returned to sender. So far I have emailed sportchek 5 times, called 3 times, contacted them thru their facebook and IG several times still no reply
I get that we are in a pandemic and staffs are short but hell is been almost a month and I still get no reply from them
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Do a chargeback. If there's no way you can reach them thats your last way of getting your money back.

I have a Michael Kors shipment that arrived with an incorrect item. Unable to reach live agents (voice prompt just says email us) or email as well. I'm trying out Twitter as my last attempt.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
secretalcoholic wrote: Do a chargeback. If there's no way you can reach them thats your last way of getting your money back.

I have a Michael Kors shipment that arrived with an incorrect item. Unable to reach live agents (voice prompt just says email us) or email as well. I'm trying out Twitter as my last attempt.
I got a bag coming tomorrow from MK, and I tried to reach them last week via email, and I'm still waiting for a reply :)

Why would a business keep open, sell stuf, but provide no customer service at all.

Is it so hard in 21st censtury to have a person at home with a computer answer some emails, and access the data remote from home ?

Damn, I think that they just fired everybody they could, and somehow ride this thing with as few employees as they can, while still trying to make money.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
toyopl wrote: I got a bag coming tomorrow from MK, and I tried to reach them last week via email, and I'm still waiting for a reply :)

Why would a business keep open, sell stuf, but provide no customer service at all.

Is it so hard in 21st censtury to have a person at home with a computer answer some emails, and access the data remote from home ?

Damn, I think that they just fired everybody they could, and somehow ride this thing with as few employees as they can, while still trying to make money.
Agreed...I havent heard anything on Twitter as well for the past 4 days...
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
2161 posts
3196 upvotes
GTA
I have to return a pair of shoes that were the wrong size (online order).

I’ve filled out the online request form 4 times now for the past 4 weeks and NOTHING. Checked all my spam folders too.

Calling their telephone like has an auto message that says “we are working on reduced staff and cannot take your call right now, try later.”

After calling 10 times now, 10 days in a row , I’m convinced there is no one working there and they are liquidating.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
2097 posts
943 upvotes
gta
They just refunded me for 1 item. Still one more they owe me. I will wait another week to do a charge back if I don’t get my refund. At this pt is useless to contact them
Dec 17, 2013
547 posts
1057 upvotes
British Columbia
i had a clothing item come with a security tag still attached to it. emailed them, haven't heard anything for 2 weeks. ended up breaking the tag off
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Sport Chek just another in a long line of retailers that have the similarly ghosted or abandoned customer service, return policies, etc. by scapegoating covid. This will surely continue at some places until year-end or at least as long as they can milk it. Have fun Christmas shopping this year, lol.
Nov 14, 2014
662 posts
1052 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Other provinces: Due to temporary closures, we are only able to accept returns for online purchases by mail at this time. As we are maintaining physical distancing at all facilities, processing times may be slower than usual and could take up to 4-5 weeks to process. Thank you for your patience and understanding. CLICK HERE for online returns form
https://www.sportchek.ca/help-desk/retu ... olicy.html
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Sport Chek is Canadian Tire and they have bad technology. You think you have bought something and they can keep you in suspense for days about whether you got it or not. They do a lot of ship from store whether they admit that to you or not. This means they consider online sale to be a side job of the retail staff. Now they have a pile of orders and they way they deal with things can't scale. They don't have enough people to handle shipping and handling and they probably stripped their head office and sent them into the warehouses/stores like Loblaw and others did.

This is just not a company that takes online retail seriously.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4377 posts
1594 upvotes
I'm still waiting for a reply... I'm into 5th week now... I posted in on Twitter... that reply was answered quickly... I gave them the ref # and everything but then I got the "automatic reply that we got your inquiry" email and i'm still waiting for an answer...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
2097 posts
943 upvotes
gta
Finally got my last item refunded but I had to remind them before they refunded me the next day. So if anyone still waiting for their refund, best is to contact them. Otherwise, they will keep your money in hope that u will forget
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
toyopl wrote: I got a bag coming tomorrow from MK, and I tried to reach them last week via email, and I'm still waiting for a reply :)

Update....a month later, still no reply. So filed a chargeback.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Mods, please change title to "Sportchek customer service nonexistent". Not sure what this has to do with covid-19.

;)
Apr 4, 2017
615 posts
512 upvotes
caltran wrote: Mods, please change title to "Sportchek customer service nonexistent". Not sure what this has to do with covid-19.

;)
Good point, there service wasn't that good before the COVID madness started. Now we are just allowing them to use COVID as an excuse.

I did a couple online orders, disaster!! Would never order online from Sportchek and by extension any of the Canadian Tire family of brands. Even tried to go to the store to grab some items, they initially didn't want to honor the "Friends and Family" sale being advertised at the time.
I hope they go under due to the COVID mess. They don't deserve to stay in business.