[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey

Sportchek Order Status? (First Order)

Hi all.

I just had a question pertaining to Sportchek's order status. I ordered a pair of shoes on Friday, August 25th when it had 1 in stock (now when I go to the item page, my size is gone).

How likely will I actually receive my shoes? I read about horror stories where they will cancel the order a few days later if its not found at the warehouse as there was only had 1 pair in stock at the time of purchase.

Furthermore how long does it typically take to ship? As I ordered them yesterday, I still have yet to receive a shipping confirmation email and starting to get anxious they may cancel my order.

Thanks!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
16 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Friendly bump
add me!
May 29, 2008
811 posts
348 upvotes
My last 5 or so orders were cancelled. I've actually lost count. But if they cancel it, you shouldn't be billed for it, so there's no reason to cancel it yourself. A sign that you're going to get your order cancelled is that is hasn't shipped in a few business days. I think they usually ship within 2 business days.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
toomuchpie wrote: My last 5 or so orders were cancelled. I've actually lost count. But if they cancel it, you shouldn't be billed for it, so there's no reason to cancel it yourself. A sign that you're going to get your order cancelled is that is hasn't shipped in a few business days. I think they usually ship within 2 business days.
Wow, what's the point of having items in stock online but in reality it is out of stock at the warehouse...is there any compensation they can provide for all of the hassle? (In you case, from 5 orders?) How do you even continue to shop at Sportchek online lol.

Tomorrow will mark one business day, hopefully it ships!
add me!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1440 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm
It could take days.
Usually you receive a confirmation email as soon as you place the order and then you reveive one saying that it was "authorized".

There is absolutley no rhyme or reason as to when they ship orders out other than they will get to it whenever they get to it.I have had orders ship after a few hours and others could take a full week.
Good luck...
May 29, 2008
811 posts
348 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: Wow, what's the point of having items in stock online but in reality it is out of stock at the warehouse...is there any compensation they can provide for all of the hassle? (In you case, from 5 orders?) How do you even continue to shop at Sportchek online lol.

Tomorrow will mark one business day, hopefully it ships!
The first time they gave a 15% off code but nothing after that. And yeah, it's pretty shitty but they claimed to have stock of stuff that isn't made any more and I wanted those things (because they are comfortable).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Man, Sportchek's warehouse fulfillment is so unreliable. It states my item will ship within one business day..but there's no new updates some "In Progress."
add me!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4336 posts
2741 upvotes
i think they switch warehouse fulfillment where orders come from store as well. My last orders came for a sportchek store itself and not a warehouse...example i order 3 pairs of shoes on one order. three different confirmation orders, three different invoices and three different packages arrived all with different store address (one from mississauga, one from sherway and one from guelph)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
witenite wrote: i think they switch warehouse fulfillment where orders come from store as well. My last orders came for a sportchek store itself and not a warehouse...example i order 3 pairs of shoes on one order. three different confirmation orders, three different invoices and three different packages arrived all with different store address (one from mississauga, one from sherway and one from guelph)
How long did it take for your shoes to ship? I ordered shoes as well on Friday, Aug 25.
I know that the shoes I ordered weren't available in store though :(
add me!
Oct 15, 2012
26 posts
2 upvotes
OTTAWA
I asked a similar question in the Hot Deals posting for Sport Chek but my product was finally shipped three days after I placed my order, which was shipped from one of their Calgary stores. My order should arrive sometime this Friday.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
So my item was cancelled...really disappointed in Sportchek's e-commerce. I wasn't even offered a coupon...I feel like there should be some sort of coupon for my next purchase.
add me!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1440 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
RunOrDie wrote: So my item was cancelled...really disappointed in Sportchek's e-commerce. I wasn't even offered a coupon...I feel like there should be some sort of coupon for my next purchase.
You need to call them.
ask them what happened..and and mentioned that you are frustrated with the experience of the order being cancelled etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
submalst wrote: You need to call them.
ask them what happened..and and mentioned that you are frustrated with the experience of the order being cancelled etc.
Did just that and I only received a 10% off coupon...they didn't even have a supervisor at the time for me to escalate to..
add me!
May 29, 2008
811 posts
348 upvotes
This doesn't require escalation if you weren't charged. And besides, if you get a helpful rep, they usually have enough authorization to help you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
toomuchpie wrote: This doesn't require escalation if you weren't charged. And besides, if you get a helpful rep, they usually have enough authorization to help you.
Well they provided a 10% coupon which imo wasn't worth the hassle. I had a 10% sign up coupon to begin with.
add me!
May 29, 2008
811 posts
348 upvotes
The hassle? The hassle of ordering something that you wanted to buy?? It's not like you had to go all the way to a Sport Chek brick and mortar store. All you had to do was move your fingers and hands around a little bit.

This attitude of "you wronged me and I expect massive compensation for practically nothing" has got to stop for society as a whole. Life is not about taking everything that you can get your hands on, even if you don't need it. They didn't have to give you anything at all, even if you complained. You'll be a very unhappy person if you continue to live like this. Eventually, nothing will satisfy you. If this experience has left a sour taste in your mouth, just don't do business with them anymore, even if they seemingly have the the lowest price or exclusive stock of items you want.

If you're that upset about it, you can just have my 15% off code. It never worked successfully because my orders kept getting cancelled, so it should still be valid. Just PM me if you want it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8029 posts
2357 upvotes
Toronto
I brought most of my Sportchek item from 1 day 50% to 70% off, and it always got delivered. No problem at all.