Toronto

Rossignol The One Magtek Men's Snowboard 2017/18

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Sportchek
One of the best arounded snowboard and it is 50% off now. I have the 15/16 version and it is awesome.

Good for downhill or park. Just google it for professional review.
11 replies
Dec 26, 2010
993 posts
704 upvotes
Hmm I have a Burton parchitect but I'm pushing 200 lbs so I want to try board that's better suited for my weight. Just came back from whistler and riding powder was tough and hard on my legs. (I'm more used to riding machine groomed runs at full speed) Been looking at blank snowboard for a while. Guess I could always buy now and think later?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1739 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
hjkimbrian wrote: Hmm I have a Burton parchitect but I'm pushing 200 lbs so I want to try board that's better suited for my weight. Just came back from whistler and riding powder was tough and hard on my legs. (I'm more used to riding machine groomed runs at full speed) Been looking at blank snowboard for a while. Guess I could always buy now and think later?
There is a wide version that u can consider.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1540 posts
269 upvotes
Currently have an older jibsaw - can anyone comment on the difference between one magtek vs jibsaw magtek?
Apr 7, 2008
355 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Have had the Burton Custom Flying V and other boards which are awesome in pow. But in Ontario, there's usually hardpack and ice so it's a much different type of riding than out West.
Lots of East Coast riders on forums are saying the Magnetraction technology really works well for edge hold in hardpack and ice. Only a few companies have Magtek like Lib Tech, Gnu and Rossignol. Much better than anything Burton has, according to reviews.
Anyways decided to try out the Rossi One Magtek this year for its Magtek technology (instead of a another Burton board) and it's been surprisingly awesome on hardpack and ice. Don't miss my Burton at all. This is definitely an undervalued board and excels in Ontario. You can hear the Magtek grip as you carve and it gives you confidence to improve faster. It's not one of the main snowboard brands but with over 100 years in the ski businesss, I figure they definitely know what they are doing. Best to get them now before word gets out.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1227 posts
298 upvotes
I bought its little brother the Templar Wide 159 for $178. Love it. Considered the One but my hard charging days are over. Magtek does hold an edge well. Also, the wide versions aren't that wide. Fit my 10.5 boots well.
Dec 12, 2009
280 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Picked one up! Changing it up from my old 2013 Rossignol Jibsaw
Nov 23, 2012
384 posts
269 upvotes
Brossard
gyro wrote: Have had the Burton Custom Flying V and other boards which are awesome in pow. But in Ontario, there's usually hardpack and ice so it's a much different type of riding than out West.
Lots of East Coast riders on forums are saying the Magnetraction technology really works well for edge hold in hardpack and ice. Only a few companies have Magtek like Lib Tech, Gnu and Rossignol. Much better than anything Burton has, according to reviews. (snipped)
Quebec Eastern township rider here. I board around Montreal (Laurentides) and the Township. I daydream of riding in 4 foot pow-snow but the reality is at best I get groomed runs and at worst I get iced up trails.

I am a short guy that rides the women's equivalent (Rossignol Diva) and I love the magnetraction. It is night and day with and without. I used to dread ice patches and so far this year - I haven't had much trouble with them (knock on wood). The only tiny small drawback is that it does get "chattery" on flat ultra-flattened sections, but those happen so little that it's a tradeoff i'll do 11 times out of 10.

I don't think I ever want to go without around here.
Apr 7, 2008
355 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
The Rossi One Magtek has a urethane shock absorbing lining around the perimeter of the board to absorb any chatter. I haven't noticed any chatter myself and on Goodride, they compare Rossi boards with the lining and without and say it makes a huge difference.

The Jibsaw has a different configuration of 60% camber-40% rocker vs the One which as 40% camber-60% rocker. If anyone tries both, I'd like to know how they differ in riding. One might have better edge hold and the other more pop is my guess.