Expired Hot Deals

[Sportchek] Rossignol Templar MagTek Snowboard $180(Reg $399) in store only!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2017 7:13 pm
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
45 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto

[Sportchek] Rossignol Templar MagTek Snowboard $180(Reg $399) in store only!

Deal Link:
Price:
$180
This deal was posted before but im unable to find the thread so im starting a new one. This board is usually $399 but currently 50% off @ $199. Use the 10% off sign up discount to get a final price of $180.

All online stock is gone but you can still find them in-store. I just grabbed the last 153cm from Yorkdale. I know there are 3x 155cm size at Stockyards location. Call around to check stock before heading out, make sure they do a physical check!

This board gets love from almost all the review sites. Check the reviews and come to your own conclusion.

Happy boarding!

17 replies
Apr 24, 2014
59 posts
184 upvotes
Sherbrooke, QC
This is a steal of a deal. If I didn't already have a Rossignol Krypto MagTek, I'd jump on this. Great East Coast board that keeps you solid on hard snow but still allows you to have fun in powder when you get the chance. This looks like an even better all around board (more flex, bi-directional) if you ever plan on dabbling in park stuff.

Thanks for the post OP, I wish there were more snowboard/ski deals posted around here!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2576 posts
2040 upvotes
Clarington
Can anyone recommend bindings and boots to get with it?
Nov 23, 2004
882 posts
216 upvotes
eLiguL wrote: This deal was posted before but im unable to find the thread so im starting a new one. This board is usually $399 but currently 50% off @ $199. Use the 10% off sign up discount to get a final price of $180.

All online stock is gone but you can still find them in-store. I just grabbed the last 153cm from Yorkdale. I know there are 3x 155cm size at Stockyards location. Call around to check stock before heading out, make sure they do a physical check!

This board gets love from almost all the review sites. Check the reviews and come to your own conclusion.

Happy boarding!

For those with Team Assist Coupons...could this possibly be $20 cheaper using the $20 off $100? Coupons expire Feb. 28, 2017.
Mar 11, 2011
107 posts
30 upvotes
Surrey
The Templar Mag-Tek is a great snowboard. I personally ride this board and find the Mag edges perfect for night riding when the snow hardens up. As an added bonus the base gives off a cool glow effect against the snow. I previously rode the Krypto but found it too stiff for me.
Mar 11, 2011
107 posts
30 upvotes
Surrey
Bawler wrote: Can anyone recommend bindings and boots to get with it?
I ride my Templar with Burton Cartels. This is more a personal thing as I really like Burton bindings and toe straps. As for bindings Burton Missions, K2 Formula, Union Force, or whatever you can afford. Rossignol Cobra binding are usually more affordable and have nice features.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4049 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton
Sport check usually starts clearing out their ski/snowboard stuff this time of year. I find they have their standard sales, and then certain stores have even better clearance so you need to shop around.

Last year I picked up a brand new K2 parkstar for $65, new junior K2 bindings for my kids for $40, etc. I've seen a few rossignol boards go for close to $100 as well..really ymmv though...

I just picked up a pair of burton missions and really like them - just a beginner but my other k2's had some design issues with the the toe strap kept separating.
Jan 15, 2011
85 posts
34 upvotes
I also bought this board (and bindings and bag) about a month ago using SportChek coupons. It's a very nice board more suitable high beginners and intermediates.

I got the 2017 Burton Cartel bindings which cost a bit but worth it IMHO. It's at this price point that you get real bindings. Cheaper ones feel just that, cheap.

Most important thing though is to get good, REALLY COMFORTABLE, snowboard boots!
Jan 16, 2017
471 posts
287 upvotes
i was going to buy cause it looks like a good deal, but then i remembered i dont even snowboard or even like sports
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2741 posts
1081 upvotes
Ottawa
reesefitzmaurice wrote: i was going to buy cause it looks like a good deal, but then i remembered i dont even snowboard or even like sports
this is the year to star! that feeling you get when floating on fresh snow...absolute crazy.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1705 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto
It was one sale for 200 since Boxing Day. This is a great board, lot of great reviews and I almost got it too. I was able to find a one megtek for 200 but had to drive 70 km out to get it. I end up getting the k2 data boots and ride ex bindings. Overall it cost 400 with tax.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1705 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto
Bawler wrote: Can anyone recommend bindings and boots to get with it?
Binding a not very important unless u plan to do park or jump around or go into the bush. You can find many bindings for good value now. The ride ex is on sale for 156 but you really have to call or visit around the stores to get it. I went to eaton and hillcresr sporkchek last night and the selection is really ymmv. The k2 data 15 boots are on sale for 97. Some sim binding is less then 100.

If you need a helmet, sportinglife has salomon cruiser on sale for 70, and next item is 40 off. You can get a goggle with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1599 posts
204 upvotes
I found them in 2 Sportchek stores, both marked as $319, and none of them matched the price.
Mar 22, 2010
28 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
bigbug wrote: I found them in 2 Sportchek stores, both marked as $319, and none of them matched the price.

Same for me but had them scan it and it scanned at 199. Picked one up at st Laurent location!
[OP]
Apr 3, 2006
45 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
bigbug wrote: I found them in 2 Sportchek sctores, both marked as $319, and none of them matched the price.
That's very odd since I was able to get the deal along with many others on this forum. They even list the price as 199 on their website.

Where abouts are you located? I'm in Toronto and maybe it's a region specific thing? I know most big boxes always charge more for the inner provinces and justifying it by saying it cost more to get products there.

Only thing I can suggest is to print out my receipt and approach a manager about getting them to match it.

Good luck, I hope you're able to get the board.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1599 posts
204 upvotes
eLiguL wrote: That's very odd since I was able to get the deal along with many others on this forum. They even list the price as 199 on their website.

Where abouts are you located? I'm in Toronto and maybe it's a region specific thing? I know most big boxes always charge more for the inner provinces and justifying it by saying it cost more to get products there.

Only thing I can suggest is to print out my receipt and approach a manager about getting them to match it.

Good luck, I hope you're able to get the board.
Finally got it today at Fairview mall. I showed the web price to the same manager I talked with a few days ago, she checked the web site then agreed to mark the price down. Thanks for the info.