Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sporting Life

Sporting life 50% sale on Jackets (UPDATE North Face AND snowboard gear)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2013 12:40 am
Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2003
395 posts
171 upvotes
North York
coffeebean wrote: makes sense, fit is the most important.

but since I'll be renting the helmet, if fit were no factor, what is recommended for under 90?
For under 90 you can probably get some Oakleys A-Frames on sale, which is probably higher quality than strictly necessary. You just want a reasonable build quality (goggles get bashed around quite a bit, they hang all over the place and tend to fall off when you bail) and to make sure they don't fog up (so reasonable ventilation). I see reasonable beginner ones for sale around 40 bucks at Corbett's sale over on airport road all the time.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
154 upvotes
Should've bought the North Face yellowband green in Medium but I was hesitant with returns and exchange if the sizing is wrong. Twice I bought jackets online and both time the sizing were off.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2278 posts
1888 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Thanks for pointing out this jacket. Was able to get 1 transferred from Yonge St. store to Sherway Store.
It didn't look very warm at first, but trying it on and wearing it instore for a few minutes I started to sweat. It's an unbelievably warm jacket.

FYI: Overheard the Manager say that the 50% NF sale ends this Sunday, Feb.24. Selection is limited @Sherway store.
No problem. Make sure when cleaning, you use something like nikwax down cleaner before using tech wash-in or spray. Regular detergent will clog up the pores of Goretex dramatically affecting breath-ability
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3478 posts
1767 upvotes
Anybody with the Yellowband Parka find it too stiff?.... especially the arm with the zipper.

Jan 5, 2009
430 posts
37 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
When I order something from china it takes them a week to process and ship. Why does it take a local company almost 2 weeks to process. Can't even cancel your order online. Gonna call them up and cancel this is lame.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Is this deal dead? 700 down fill with goretex sounds pretty good for 235
Aug 11, 2006
410 posts
56 upvotes
Looks like the deal is dead... looked at the women's arctic parka... now $320... was $199 last week but they pulled it from the site a couple days ago...
cpu - i7 2600k 4.7@1.37v, mobo - p8z68v-pro, gpu - XFX RX 580 GTS Black , ram - g.skill ripjaws x 16gb 1600, cooling - noctua nh-d14, case - corsair 600t white, hdd - 1TB WD black + 480gb Crucial SSD, psu - corsair TX650M *** R.I.P Dec. 16 2020
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1106 posts
672 upvotes
eclone wrote: The makahawk jacket is HOT! 700 down fill AND Goretex for 235. Damnit! If only my house wasn't closing in 3 weeks.
I picked one up. It looks kinda thin but having taken it out for a day of snowboarding I can attest to its warmth.

It's not Goretex but actually Gorestop (or something like that). Not waterproof, but is windproof so it really cuts windchill almost right out (probably helps to keep it so thin).
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)