[Sporting Life] Arc'teryx women's Astryl Pants 50-75% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 1:56 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2019
22 posts
44 upvotes

[Sporting Life] Arc'teryx women's Astryl Pants 50-75% off

Clearance of some women's lightly insulated gore-tex pants by Arc'teryx. I have added too many in my cart to see how many are listed in stock for each color and size.
Screenshot_20190613_160502.jpg
Be mindful there are three different lengths available.

Happy shopping! Also good luck, as we all know sporting life is spotty for fulfilling orders at best. FWIW, I ordered one of the "Radicchio" size 12 Regular and it says it has shipped.
Last edited by SubmarinePerson on Jun 13th, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1119 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto, ON
probably all returns.
they are known to sell returns as "new".
happened to both of my mail orders.
never again.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2019
22 posts
44 upvotes
Thanks for the info! I will definitely look the product over once it arrives to check if this was the case. I wouldn't mind a return of something that didn't fit but wasn't used, but if they sell dirty/damaged gear that would be pretty scummy.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2379 posts
2137 upvotes
ericw wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 3:34 pm
probably all returns.
they are known to sell returns as "new"
happened to both of my mail orders.
never again.
You expect them not to? Can you give examples of retail stores that don't? Are they still in business?
Aug 15, 2009
456 posts
242 upvotes
Montreal
Worth mentioning these are for women.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2019
22 posts
44 upvotes
That's the way I saw it. Regardless, I haven't had any trouble returning merchandise to them, although they usually offer a credit. I am sure they could refund original payment method if they delivered something that you could prove was in unsatisfactory condition upon receiving it.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1119 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bombdiggity wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:03 pm
You expect them not to? Can you give examples of retail stores that don't? Are they still in business?
I had one clothing piece arrived with no tag or packaging in a dirty box and another pair of full price shoes with no tag and damaged laces.
Don't tell me those are "normal" practice by most retailers.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2379 posts
2137 upvotes
ericw wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 6:11 pm
I had one clothing piece arrived with no tag or packaging in a dirty box and another pair of full price shoes with no tag and damaged laces.
Don't tell me those are "normal" practice by most retailers.
Don't tell me this is what your original post said. There is nothing wrong with selling returns as new, which is what you were criticizing. Your real issue, based on this post, is them selling untagged items/damaged items/dirty boxes (not sure what no packaging means if you said the clothing was in a box or why a dirty box matters).

In this thread

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/last-hun ... 2254072/2/

You said this
I received damaged shoe and clothing (prob both floor demos sold as new) from Sporting Life - I will never buy from them. Buyer beware.
similar thing happened with La Cordee where the item was on clearance and was likely collected from the store.

Stuff from Attitude sports and TLH always came well packaged and new.
I'll say some obvious things:

1) when you order things online, many stores ship out items missing tags, looking damaged, looking dirty. So whether this is considered normal or not, it happens.

2) when you see items being sold in stores, many have items missing tags, looking damaged. Many shoes even come in dirty shoe boxes.

3) I believe altitude has one brick and mortar location and 99% of what they sell is online. TLH is all their stock on sale sold online. They will tend to be better with this because there is less contact with items from prospective customes and less shuffling of stock between phyiscal store locations.

4) many stores fulfill online orders from floor inventory, not some warehouse for online orders only, ESPECIALLY for low inventory items on sale or clearance.

5) your concept of "new" is deliberately misleading. You are claiming things aren't new just because they've been refunded before, were being sold on the floor before, or were on display. Shoes on display are sold as new the same way shoes tried on before are sold as new. I suspect you think any shoe that your foot wasn't the first to try on is not "new" as well. Not sure what clothing demo even means. New clothing being sold on the floor doesn't automatically means it's not new. Somebody trying it doesn't make it a "demo" or suddenly not new.

The bottom line is that you originally criticized Sporting Life for selling refunded items as new. The alternative is to never sell refunded items as new, which no store with a return policy does. Just because an item is refunded does not mean it's not new. This isn't even a misrepresentation on your part of your actual issue in your reply to me because judging from your other post, you consider display shoes and clothing from the floor to be not "new" either. If I were to point out the problem here, it would be the condition of what they sell as new. Being refunded, from the floor, being on display is not the issue and it's unrealistic to expect orders to not be fulfilled from these sources. Items from these sources are new as well.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2019
22 posts
44 upvotes
Don't mean to revive a dead thread, but I received the pants today and they're perfectly fine. I wouldn't miss out on a good deal with sporting life just because some haven't had bad experiences. Happy shopping!
Jan 30, 2006
437 posts
108 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
gees , I want a pair of size 6, but only size 12 in stock
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1172 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
This is a really good price but very limited size options.