Expired Hot Deals

[Sporting Life] Buy one, get one 50% off (includ. Maui Jim sungl.)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2020 6:18 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2016
166 posts
386 upvotes

[Sporting Life] Buy one, get one 50% off (includ. Maui Jim sungl.)

It works on items where BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF is written

Many of these items are already at 30% discount!!

It includes all MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES!!!!!!!!!!

Second Item must be of equal or lesser value. Of course select 2 items with approx the same price

You can use promo code: 1storder for 10% more discount when first order on new account
22 replies
Apr 2, 2008
534 posts
194 upvotes
What is so special about MAUI JIM?
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Jul 15, 2005
161 posts
59 upvotes
Scarborough
Good deal, MJs are one of the best in terms of quality of build and clarity of lens. I have the mavericks with blue mirror and it looks great. (don't forget 3% back with rakuten)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7548 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
Proteinz wrote: Good deal, MJs are one of the best in terms of quality of build and clarity of lens. I have the mavericks with blue mirror and it looks great. (don't forget 3% back with rakuten)
Add to that one of the best lightweight polarized sunglasses out there.
Aug 26, 2012
42 posts
7 upvotes
WHITBY
MJ's are sold at Costco as well, mind you the selection is smaller compared to sporting life but the most expensive pair is $142 so a lot cheaper
Nov 20, 2004
416 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver
Their repair policy is great. Haven't had any issues myself but read they'll generally repair frames free of charge (on a case by case basis I'm sure).

I did have to have lens replaced before and they did for a very reasonable price, something like $20-30 IIRC. This was a good several years ago.

Edit: Also one of the few brands not owned my Luxottica.
Jul 15, 2005
161 posts
59 upvotes
Scarborough
hdesai wrote: MJ's are sold at Costco as well, mind you the selection is smaller compared to sporting life but the most expensive pair is $142 so a lot cheaper
"selection is smaller" is an understatement. Try 4-5 models that are previous season extras, and no metal frames or mirror lens. I love costco but for MJs it's hit or miss, mostly miss (actually bought MJs from costco and ended up returning them due to ill fit)
Dec 25, 2006
403 posts
273 upvotes
Winnipeg
Maui Jim's are excellent sunglasses. This deal is only ok - the lacordee pricing was better! Sunglass hut also runs discounts like this occasionally and you don't have to buy two pairs to get the deal.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9733 posts
4890 upvotes
Markham
flameboy54 wrote: Their repair policy is great. Haven't had any issues myself but read they'll generally repair frames free of charge (on a case by case basis I'm sure).

I did have to have lens replaced before and they did for a very reasonable price, something like $20-30 IIRC. This was a good several years ago.

Edit: Also one of the few brands not owned my Luxottica.
Any free or reduced price fixes/repairs are YMMV. IIRC first time repairs, they reduce the cost a bit.

The only repair facility in the GTA is over in Mississauga on Argentia Rd (401 and Winston Churchill/Erin Mills Pkwy) and they are NOT open on weekends which is PITA for those who don't live near there.

From their website...
Maui Jim offers the best repair service options to our customers. Lenses are $75 USD and are replaced as a pair. Frame charges vary by style and range from $40-$80 USD.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 11, 2008
210 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
bluewish wrote: What is so special about MAUI JIM?

I have a pair and they're amazing in the bright sun.

Years ago, I tested over 40 different types of glasses with various tints and filters. I compared the Maui Jim's against all of the big names and I found them to be the best for me and my light sensitivity.
They replaced my Serengeti drivers.
Aug 21, 2011
220 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
warpdwhim wrote: Maui Jim's are excellent sunglasses. This deal is only ok - the lacordee pricing was better! Sunglass hut also runs discounts like this occasionally and you don't have to buy two pairs to get the deal.
How was the Lacordee pricing back then ?
Interested in two pairs, but wallet will be hurt with 399 + 349*.05 + TAX...
Sep 27, 2004
712 posts
138 upvotes
Scarborough
bluewish wrote: What is so special about MAUI JIM?
I've directly compared my Maui Jim vs Ray Ban down in Cuba on the sunniest of days. The strain on your eye is much less in the Maui and the clarity is unmatched. This is a great deal.