• Dec 22nd, 2016 1:54 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13212 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

[Sporting Life] Canada Goose Freestyle Vests --> 25% off

Surprised no one listed this. Sporting Life currently selling off discounted CG Freestyle vests from last season. 25% off. In-store sale only (not listed on SL site. They are 2 separate lines of business). Reason - prev. season and discontinued colors. Go to any SL location and ask for CG vests area. Sale $259. Reg. $350.

http://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/freest ... ts&start=1
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
26 replies
Nov 21, 2014
674 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
How warm are these?
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Aug 31, 2012
51 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
It's in the website:

LIGHTWEIGHT
5°C / -5°C

Lightweight for active pursuits.
Learn more about TEI
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13212 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
CelusC wrote: How warm are these?
It's a vest after all... not a parka, lol. It also depends on what you wear underneath the vest. A good baselayer plus a warm hoodie, fleece, or midlayer jacket will obviously keep you warmer than -5C.
Oct 3, 2008
371 posts
109 upvotes
Canada
I use this up in Yellowknife before it gets really cold. It is surprisingly warm for how small it is. It fits small and fitted though, as in if you get a size bigger it gets oddly bulky. But good for the sub 0 commute with a sweater and tuque. I put it away anywhere below -10 and get the citadel out. What a treat that parka is for the coldest place on earth. Yellowknife
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13212 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
nomdesplumes wrote: will this work with WIND?
Hmmm.... you mean WIND the cellular company or wind, an element of nature. For WIND the cell company you shud ask them. For wind, the element of nature - go figure... it's a vest. Your arms are exposed so "wind" will hit your arms and they may feel chilly. Of course that depends on what you wear to cover set arms. YMMV. *welp*
Last edited by aznnorth on Dec 21st, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 24, 2009
534 posts
156 upvotes
FWIW - i bought the Grey/Black two-tone one back in October at Sporting Life. The sales guy there said that they sometimes go on sale, but only the colours that don't sell. If you're able to get a decent colour combo for 25% off then awesome, but its possible you'll have to go with Orange/Camo to get the discount. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

PS It's a great vest, I wouldn't wear it below 0 unless I have a good couple layers underneath it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13212 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
CadillacJack wrote: FWIW - i bought the Grey/Black two-tone one back in October at Sporting Life. The sales guy there said that they sometimes go on sale, but only the colours that don't sell. If you're able to get a decent colour combo for 25% off then awesome, but its possible you'll have to go with Orange/Camo to get the discount. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

PS It's a great vest, I wouldn't wear it below 0 unless I have a good couple layers underneath it.
I've seen black/camo available at sherway gardens and the main yonge st store. A more fitting color combo. Looks pretty good. Think I saw red/black, tan/red, and some other ones. They have others in the back room so not every color is on the floor. Best thing is to ask a sales rep what colors are available on the store system. If that location doesnt have it they can tell you which location does. They can have it shipped to your closest store location for free to make it more convenient for the customer. Takes 2 business days for inter-store transfers.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7284 posts
1866 upvotes
GTA
Nothing says, "Leave me alone, can't you see I'm cold just right here!?" like a vest... :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13212 posts
2561 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
izzyzz wrote: Nothing says, "Leave me alone, can't you see I'm cold just right here!?" like a vest... :)
They do offer one higher model which is TEI 2 (up to -15C). CG sylvan vest. Way too pricey at $550. Even comes with a hood. You can get a decent non-CG down parka for that price.

http://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/sylvan ... ightweight
Oct 26, 2011
429 posts
186 upvotes
I used to really want a CG jacket (10 years ago). But now they are just status symbols and I'd rather spend the same amount of money on a better jacket.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
452 upvotes
Canada Goose and Bose deserve their own sub-forum

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)