[Sporting Life] Canada Goose Freestyle Vests --> 25% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2016 1:54 am
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2427 posts
735 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
how is the freedom & mobility when the wind starts acting up?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2427 posts
735 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
CadillacJack wrote: FWIW - i bought the Grey/Black two-tone one back in October at Sporting Life. The sales guy there said that they sometimes go on sale, but only the colours that don't sell. If you're able to get a decent colour combo for 25% off then awesome, but its possible you'll have to go with Orange/Camo to get the discount. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

PS It's a great vest, I wouldn't wear it below 0 unless I have a good couple layers underneath it.
Camo highly sought after in the bomber/parkas -- not so with the vest?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12722 posts
2150 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
djdestroyer wrote: how is the freedom & mobility when the wind starts acting up?
It's wind proof water resistant. I forget but someone mentioned whether on RFD or other forum that the outer lining is same material as the TEI 5 parkas like the expedition, resolute, snow mantra. Have to verify that.

Materials : 192 GSM, Arctic-Tech 85% Polyester/15% Cotton blend with DWR finish
Insulation : 625 fill Duck down duvet
Fit : Regular
Recommended use : Urban, outdoor activities
Warranty : Lifetime of the product
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12722 posts
2150 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
VERIFIED: Outer shell of freestyle vest is same as CG snow mantra. 192 GSM, Arctic-Tech 85% Polyester/15% Cotton blend with DWR finish
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5032 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto
Explain?

I had them replace a two year old jacket for a new one since some of the seams started to fade on my black.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12722 posts
2150 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rebel_rfd wrote: Explain?

I had them replace a two year old jacket for a new one since some of the seams started to fade on my black.
Please ask in Apparel forum. This thread is for CG freestyle vest.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12722 posts
2150 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
djdestroyer wrote: Camo highly sought after in the bomber/parkas -- not so with the vest?
They are... just checked with coupla stores. Says they are selling out fast with the sale.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12722 posts
2150 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
FYI: Across ALL sporting life stores... expected colors left are black/camo, tan/red, red/navy. YMMV. Sales are going quick tho.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1514 posts
769 upvotes
GTA
Just bought the black and grey at Markville. They have one Brown and Black left, size XL.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2240 posts
1157 upvotes
If you want a vest, I think MEC has the best bang for buck. $100, super warm, no branding.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12722 posts
2150 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Just got the black/camo. First impression very sturdy durable vest. You can feel the heaviness of the snow mantra outer shell material. Worn briefly outside at -7C windchill. Not bad at all. Blocks out wind, drizzle with the water resistant shell/dwr coating. Only drawback is I wish there was a bottom waist cinch to prevent air from going in underneath. Oversight for a vest at this price range. I have an older Mountain Hardware 600 fill rugged mountaineering vest which has both a waist cinch and bottom cinch to boot. Seals all the gaps and holds the down close to the body. CG vest is more for layering heavier thicker baselayers and mid-layer jackets/hoodies underneath. Because of that it gets a 3.5 star out of 5 despite being on sale. The old MH vest I give a 4 (loses a point for no double zipper which CG has...). Both approx same down fill, similar weight, similar price (after deducting discounts). If one intends on layering more, choose the roomier CG freestyle vest. If one wants a slightly slimmer V-cut shape, hugs closer to the body with 2 cinches then MH wins.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)