New Balance 996 V2 - Women 10.5 and 11 only - 25% off - $92

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2022 1:28 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
776 posts
880 upvotes

[Sporting Life] New Balance 996 V2 - Women 10.5 and 11 only - 25% off - $92

These are not the typical Nike or Adidas crap. I haven't seen a 9 series go for less than $100 before. I guess they have the 10 series now.

There are other New Balance on sale as well but I am not sure about them.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 8.39.02 AM.png
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1487 posts
2368 upvotes
lesoir wrote: These are not the typical Nike or Adidas crap. I haven't seen a 9 series go for less than $100 before. I guess they have the 10 series now.

There are other New Balance on sale as well but I am not sure about them.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 8.39.02 AM.png
Adidas always felt more comfortable than New Balance for me. Is there something special about the 9 series?
Aug 17, 2021
88 posts
75 upvotes
aintic wrote: Adidas always felt more comfortable than New Balance for me. Is there something special about the 9 series?
I think wearing new balance is more about fashion or trend. That is why some new balance shoes are very expensive.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
776 posts
880 upvotes
aintic wrote: Adidas always felt more comfortable than New Balance for me. Is there something special about the 9 series?
Check this link for some background. These have a very solid core. Newer pro running shoes started to copy it now. They also last very long. I never have a shoe that doesn't wear after a year. My first 9 series was about 8 years old now and still no wear. Not sure how they make it so durable.

Wikipedia
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
776 posts
880 upvotes
wuke340 wrote: I think wearing new balance is more about fashion or trend. That is why some new balance shoes are very expensive.
You know you are talking about a 40-year-old pair of shoe design right? What kind of trend is that? Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 22, 2011
37 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
wuke340 wrote: I think wearing new balance is more about fashion or trend. That is why some new balance shoes are very expensive.
It depends on the model of the shoes. Some are very expensive because they are manufactured in the USA or even the UK with premium materials. Classic example are the 990s. Others are structurally built for function and expensive. And the fact they have wide shoes available have been a major selling point for some people as well.
Aug 17, 2021
88 posts
75 upvotes
lesoir wrote: You know you are talking about a 40-year-old pair of shoe design right? What kind of trend is that? Face With Tears Of Joy
haha. I think just like wearing old Jordans. But yeah like the above comment says, some are made in USA with high quality material.
Dec 12, 2021
5 posts
3 upvotes
Well the 99x line was the shoe of choice for Steve Jobs. The chairman of New Balance even claims that the design concept came from Jobs himself... for whatever that is worth.

A well built shoe, but I'm not sure if there is any secret magic mojo that's in it to make it laster longer than another comparable shoe. Ultimately the longevity of a shoe depends on the mileage you actually put on it. I've had a couple of pairs in the past and walk about 15km a day in the mornings... they didn't last any longer than other comparable shoes.
Sep 11, 2007
73 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
i wear the men's 996 ver1, super comfortable. more support than the 574s.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12424 posts
2170 upvotes
rustyone wrote: Love the 990's but $240 is too rich
Worth it imo. I tried them on and liked them but they were too expensive for me. I tried all sorts of other cheaper regular priced sneakers and they all felt flat. I don't know what it is or how to put it into words, they just felt not as supportive? Eventually I returned the rest and got the 990s and 3 years later still love them but they need a good cleaning.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1338 posts
136 upvotes
rustyone wrote: Love the 990's but $240 is too rich
It doesn’t seem to be sold at all at SL, but 2002r is a great alternative for 990’s at a cheaper price. Not made in the USA, but still durably made and in a way they’re even more comfortable than 990’s IMO.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12424 posts
2170 upvotes
EM_K19 wrote: It doesn’t seem to be sold at all at SL, but 2002r is a great alternative for 990’s at a cheaper price. Not made in the USA, but still durably made and in a way they’re even more comfortable than 990’s IMO.
Have you tried both? Never heard of 2002r but I'll keep an eye out for a sale to try it.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1338 posts
136 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Have you tried both? Never heard of 2002r but I'll keep an eye out for a sale to try it.
I do have both, specifically the 990 v4’s in grey and the 2002r’s in castlerock colourway (basically another grey). Both have midsoles based on abzorb tech and share about similar level of firmness that is neither too soft or too hard, which makes them great for walking or standing a lot. 2002r’s also has the N-rgy tech which is kind of a mix between a Nike Shox and Asics Gel - gel inserted pillars that def helps with impact absorption in the heel, and IMO makes it a bit more comfy vs the 990’s. 990’s def do have better quality upper with suede etc. as theyre made in USA, but 2002r is no slouch either, at least for my colourway (not sure about other GR releases, they’re coming out with a lot of these recently). But for sure they’re worth checking out if you’re a fan of the 990 style silhouette.
Apr 28, 2010
884 posts
1681 upvotes
richmond hill
New to new balance….

What’s the nicest all white sneaker for mens. I kind of like these but they are womens
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
776 posts
880 upvotes
LeezaLas wrote: Well the 99x line was the shoe of choice for Steve Jobs. The chairman of New Balance even claims that the design concept came from Jobs himself... for whatever that is worth.

A well built shoe, but I'm not sure if there is any secret magic mojo that's in it to make it laster longer than another comparable shoe. Ultimately the longevity of a shoe depends on the mileage you actually put on it. I've had a couple of pairs in the past and walk about 15km a day in the mornings... they didn't last any longer than other comparable shoes.
This article highlights some of the tech improvements on different versions: NEW BALANCE 990 SERIES: PIONEERING PERFECTION
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1148 posts
1641 upvotes
the reason i started wearing NB way 10+ years back is because they were one of the only major manufacturers that had sizes for the WIDTH of a shoe. most other brands did not at the time and were always a bit less comfortable for me.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12424 posts
2170 upvotes
EM_K19 wrote: I do have both, specifically the 990 v4’s in grey and the 2002r’s in castlerock colourway (basically another grey). Both have midsoles based on abzorb tech and share about similar level of firmness that is neither too soft or too hard, which makes them great for walking or standing a lot. 2002r’s also has the N-rgy tech which is kind of a mix between a Nike Shox and Asics Gel - gel inserted pillars that def helps with impact absorption in the heel, and IMO makes it a bit more comfy vs the 990’s. 990’s def do have better quality upper with suede etc. as theyre made in USA, but 2002r is no slouch either, at least for my colourway (not sure about other GR releases, they’re coming out with a lot of these recently). But for sure they’re worth checking out if you’re a fan of the 990 style silhouette.
Thanks! The 990 is always excluded from sales so hopefully the 2002r may be included in them.
Sep 16, 2012
210 posts
236 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
these are pretty unisex looking, so if you're interested they're pretty much mens size 9 and 9.5...