Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: Sportsnet Now Premium - $50 off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2022 8:15 pm
Jul 31, 2022
78 posts
43 upvotes
Got to be the worst sports site in all of Canada. I won't give this company a single penny better yet they would have to pay me to watch anything from sportsnet, scratch that, I won't even watch if they paid me
Jul 31, 2022
78 posts
43 upvotes
guessguy wrote: what a ripoff!
you can get annual IPTV subscriptions for less than this.
please don't slip into my DMs asking for options...
You don't even need iptv there a few really good websites that provide it for free and in HD
Jul 31, 2022
78 posts
43 upvotes
jackpie wrote: IPTV is not even reliable
All the up votes must be employees of Rogers or Bell, just like sale people here
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2408 posts
2706 upvotes
Snooker147 wrote: All the up votes muct be employees of Rogers or Bell, just like sale people here
it’s not. i tried a few and they were garbage. nothing but stuttering and freezing. i have cable for sports. it’s less then 50 a month. more then affordable. for movies and tv there are more then enough 3rd party you can sideload onto fire stick and get what you want
Feb 4, 2012
36 posts
25 upvotes
TORONTO
No man, it's people smart even to know you're equating value between something that is legal and something that is not. A stolen, car will always be cheaper. So what are you trying to prove that you're smarter?
Jul 31, 2022
78 posts
43 upvotes
LocoOno wrote: No man, it's people smart even to know you're equating value between something that is legal and something that is not. A stolen, car will always be cheaper. So what are you trying to prove that you're smarter?
Let me ask you if there a website showing free sporting events you won't watch it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9186 upvotes
The NORTH
DanielB40260 wrote: I've watched dozens and dozens of different games on my pc using Sportsnet Now and I've never had one dropped frame, freeze or tiny skip. Always just a smooth feed and the picture looks amazing on my monitor. Makes me think it's your connection or hardware that's causing all the issues.
Yep, dozen's of complaints of Sportsnet now in every game day thread for the Blue Jays on reddit, there's even a sportsnetnowsucks twitter account that full of horror stories. Just wait till they start screwing up hockey games once the season starts...

But totalllllly just me... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2566 posts
479 upvotes
North York
kr0zet wrote: Yep, dozen's of complaints of Sportsnet now in every game day thread for the Blue Jays on reddit, there's even a sportsnetnowsucks twitter account that full of horror stories. Just wait till they start screwing up hockey games once the season starts...

But totalllllly just me... :facepalm:
The mlb.tv app is so superior to SNnow on Roku/Firetv - I've subscribed to both, and now that we've been forced due to blackouts to watch only on SNnow. I hardly watch games at all now as the SNnow TV based experience is so poor compared to previous option.

I don't want to pull out a laptop to watch the game without buffering/pauses/etc, I have a TV & devices optimized for that platform, and I'm not going to watch on my phone either which is where SNnow seems to want you to watch.
Apr 13, 2004
440 posts
422 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
Easily one of the worst streaming services I've used. Buggy, buggers constantly, stream drops all the time.

Look elsewhere. SNNow is the reason I stream illegally.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2592 posts
816 upvotes
Vaughan
Thinking of trying Nhl.tv with a VPN for every game this year. They haven't released pricing yet, but it's usually much cheaper and simply a better dedicated app for hockey. I also have SN now standard included with my TV sub, so I can try that one for *free*.

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 25th, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and your response removed
Public Mobile $40/15GB
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2515 posts
1848 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
kr0zet wrote: Problem is the ABSOLUTE S*IT connection's you have to suffer thru, constant issues with streams, dropped frames, freezes.... And they have the audacity to call it PREMIUM?!?!
Standard tier you get a still picture every 30 seconds.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6411 posts
2994 upvotes
Durham
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: You're talking about something illegal I presume? Not really a great alternative for a legal service.
They're readily available on Amazon and the internet. Get the right one ... find the right seller ... and you got em all ...

Even VPNs ... they "are illegal" but its being used all over the place ... you have internet streaming ... all of it is "LIVE with a LAG" ... only CLOSEST THING TO LIVE in your own home is using COAX and they are getting rid of it for force people to pay money for stuff with a delay (who cares about news/shows/movies that have a lag ... makes no difference)

Too boot ... my neighbour bought the FIRESTICK ... yup the same ones that you can find at walmart / best buy .... his colleague (working in IT) ... hacked it ... and now he has "LIVE" (with a lag) ... NFL Network, MLB Network, TSN, Sportsnet plus all the other TV channels (rogers/bell)
Last edited by jdmfishingonly on Sep 25th, 2022 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Banned
Jul 17, 2022
21 posts
28 upvotes
Jensonrp wrote: Box of what
Illegal content and streaming sites.
Jan 20, 2010
205 posts
84 upvotes
Didn't mind the nhl app cause you could do multiple users at the same time, split it among 2 friends. Can you do that with sportnet?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1833 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
jdmfishingonly wrote: They're readily available on Amazon and the internet. Get the right one ... find the right seller ... and you got em all ...

Even VPNs ... they "are illegal" but its being used all over the place ... you have internet streaming ... all of it is "LIVE with a LAG" ... only CLOSEST THING TO LIVE in your own home is using COAX and they are getting rid of it for force people to pay money for stuff with a delay (who cares about news/shows/movies that have a lag ... makes no difference)

Too boot ... my neighbour bought the FIRESTICK ... yup the same ones that you can find at walmart / best buy .... his colleague (working in IT) ... hacked it ... and now he has "LIVE" (with a lag) ... NFL Network, MLB Network, TSN, Sportsnet plus all the other TV channels (rogers/bell)
NFL Sunday Ticket?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1445 upvotes
Sarnia
Wanting NHL Live back. I could see pretty much all the games if not all and watch them on replay at any point in the season. Also could get home and away feeds no problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1133 posts
732 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
H2O wrote: Didn't mind the nhl app cause you could do multiple users at the same time, split it among 2 friends. Can you do that with sportnet?
I asked that question and the answer was no.1 stream at a time.I was made to feel like a crook by telling them the NHL live package gave us 3 streams.This is for personal use I was told.Ok so I can't watch a game while my kid watches his team? Sure Rogers great idea.
They are also not showing both home and away feeds of US teams this year as well. Less product ,no thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1755 posts
800 upvotes
I watched the Bruins pre-season game last night since it's free. Buffered constantly and they want me to pay for it?

I paid for DAZN for the last few years and Fubo TV this year and they are miles better.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1975 posts
2348 upvotes
“You idiots paying for content are beneath me”

-guy who paid 200 dollars for a 20 streaming box

Having said that, can’t speak for sportsnet but the TSN streaming is pretty good. Added it to my Telus internet package for 15 a month.

I am not against piracy as there really is no other option for some people but Not sure what the point of bringing up pirated content is. Like do you also bring it up in all video game deal threads?
Jul 25, 2006
596 posts
239 upvotes
Has anyone seen an alternative to the French pass for Montreal Canadians/Ottawa Senators west of Belleville. A season used to be 53$, now I don’t see anything comparable. Is SN now the alternative at 200$

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)