Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: Sportsnet Now Premium - $50 off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2022 8:15 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6436 posts
3020 upvotes
Durham
bryan35 wrote: NFL Sunday Ticket?
Yes.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Apr 24, 2012
97 posts
31 upvotes
Kelowna
yyz64 wrote: I asked that question and the answer was no.1 stream at a time.I was made to feel like a crook by telling them the NHL live package gave us 3 streams.This is for personal use I was told.Ok so I can't watch a game while my kid watches his team? Sure Rogers great idea.
They are also not showing both home and away feeds of US teams this year as well. Less product ,no thanks.
From the website:

Can I access Sportsnet NOW from more than one device at a time?

Yes. A user is able to watch concurrently on up to two devices at a time.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
2276 posts
539 upvotes
Markham, ON
nicolascon wrote: “You idiots paying for content are beneath me”

-guy who paid 200 dollars for a 20 streaming box
I found the irony hilarious too.
I don’t watch tv that much with my busy life, but you can easily install STB emu or Tivi mate on a firestick for a fraction of the $200 that guy paid.

I pay Rogers for cable for the reliability of sports and other content.

It may be better option for someone to get Rogers or Bell TV with Sportsnet and TSN and use the accompanying login to stream the live channels. You’ll get way more channels to live stream.
<sig>
Aug 26, 2014
117 posts
77 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
DanielB40260 wrote: I've watched dozens and dozens of different games on my pc using Sportsnet Now and I've never had one dropped frame, freeze or tiny skip. Always just a smooth feed and the picture looks amazing on my monitor. Makes me think it's your connection or hardware that's causing all the issues.
I've watched with sportsnet now, tsn live, and bell's fibe tv, sportsnet is definitely the best quality and most reliable.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1084 posts
1120 upvotes
DanielB40260 wrote: I've watched dozens and dozens of different games on my pc using Sportsnet Now and I've never had one dropped frame, freeze or tiny skip. Always just a smooth feed and the picture looks amazing on my monitor. Makes me think it's your connection or hardware that's causing all the issues.
This MAY be the PC-based experience.... But it's 2022. Who wants to watch games on their PCs in an uncomfortable chair, far from food and drink??
It's ridiculous that they can't come up with decent, working apps for the few platforms that offer them, when the hardware is more than able to stream hockey games well.. Like PS4, XBOX, Amazon Fire Cube, Nvidia Shield...
Can confirm it's cut-out crappy on all of the above, all that are suited for a proper tv/home theatre setup.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1134 posts
733 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
iyah15 wrote: From the website:

Can I access Sportsnet NOW from more than one device at a time?

Yes. A user is able to watch concurrently on up to two devices at a time.
Maybe they changed it or the social media people are clueless
"
RogersHelps
@RogersHelps
Replying to

Sportsnet NOW is intended for personal use and only allows for one concurrent stream. A user is able to be authenticated on as many devices as they would like, but can only stream from one device at a time. ^PM
4:38 PM · Jun 30, 2022
·Khoros CX
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1084 posts
1120 upvotes
CndnDsltr wrote: I've watched with sportsnet now, tsn live, and bell's fibe tv, sportsnet is definitely the best quality and most reliable.
Yeah, I was going to say... All the streaming TV Apps in Canada are pretty much absolute garbage... F the Big 3.

Still, what choices do we have. Funny, we have some of the best Computer Science faculties in the world, and yet can't get decent streaming apps or (the more than likely cause) bandwidth dedicated by our stingy Big 3 Telcos who actually OWN the infrastructure!! What a joke.. F CRTC while we're at it as well.

In this day and age, all the major streaming providers (including NetFlix) just lease Amazon Cloud server space (AWS) to host their servers -- which is real-time scalable based on userload. Our Big 3 providers would just rather fight amongst themselves and implicitly gouge Canadians with higher prices and poorer service, .. taking home their billions in profit each year.
Oct 21, 2019
151 posts
268 upvotes
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: You're talking about something illegal I presume? Not really a great alternative for a legal service.

$179 with the EARLYBIRD code makes it $15/month. For NHL, MLB, NBA, and other sports. If you're not an NFL fan, but more than just an NHL sports fan, this seems like a much better deal than previous $180 for just NHL Live. Remains to be seen though until the season actually starts and we see how this compares.
All wwe PPV as well if you're into that
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3390 posts
1142 upvotes
bostonontario wrote: Hold on…..

If I put the tsn or sportsnet app on my nvidia shield and log in using my tv provider credentials…I could watch sports events on my lone tv that doesn’t have a cable box?

If so, my mind could be blown.
Yes, they have a choice of a regular provider or a tv provider login. It takes you to a login for your tv provider, ussually thier online portal for authentication.
I actually very rarely even use my tv boxes.
I think sheild has sportsnet but not sure if it has tsn.
Xbox does, as well as Samsung tvs.

For me, picture quality on sportsnet is actually better than my cable box, tsn a bit worse.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1190 posts
225 upvotes
yyz64 wrote: Maybe they changed it or the social media people are clueless
"
RogersHelps
@RogersHelps
Replying to

Sportsnet NOW is intended for personal use and only allows for one concurrent stream. A user is able to be authenticated on as many devices as they would like, but can only stream from one device at a time. ^PM
4:38 PM · Jun 30, 2022
·Khoros CX
I chatted with them yesterday as well and they confirmed it's 2 live streams now and they don't have to be in the same location. It was previously limited to 1 device at a time and I was just going to get NHL Center Ice through my cable box.
Nov 24, 2017
87 posts
38 upvotes
The content would be worth it if the app wasn't the most basic, buggy piece of garbage streaming service I've ever used. It sucks!!! Doesn't even have the most basic of controls. They actually just removed the only control you used to have and now you can only skip 30 seconds at a time.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2415 posts
2732 upvotes
ive learnt with sports dont screw around with illegial streams and constant headaches. if you can pay for a cheaper legit stream from the states and use a vpn its an option. or just pay for basic cable and the sports package. shouldnt cost anymore then 50 a month. plus you can watch on ur laptop, phone, tablet, computer also. I do it for for sports at work. shaw tv.
May 10, 2012
86 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
jackpie wrote: IPTV is not even reliable
Must be the generic provider you tried that can be found by just using google. I've been using one for 2 years with 0 issues.

I pay $10 usd/month and it sure as hell beats any cable provider considering I also get PPV content.
Sep 30, 2010
223 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
CndnDsltr wrote: I've watched with sportsnet now, tsn live, and bell's fibe tv, sportsnet is definitely the best quality and most reliable.
Lol what? Bell fibe cable is best way to watch sports, best picture quality and PVR.

IPTV or 720p sportsnet just dont compare.
Apr 13, 2005
339 posts
143 upvotes
Kitchener
jackpie wrote: Lol what? Bell fibe cable is best way to watch sports, best picture quality and PVR.

IPTV or 720p sportsnet just dont compare.
Sportsnet Now does 1080p for specific programming on certain hardware. NHL is almost always 1080p/60fps. Your hardware will determine if it will come in as 1080p or be downsampled to 720p.
https://www.snnow.ca/support/watching-s ... ailable-on
Sep 30, 2010
223 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
baggio4eva wrote: Sportsnet Now does 1080p for specific programming on certain hardware. NHL is almost always 1080p/60fps. Your hardware will determine if it will come in as 1080p or be downsampled to 720p.
https://www.snnow.ca/support/watching-s ... ailable-on
I tried it for 1 month last year, illegal streams were better quality than SN Now. and that doesn't say much, considering illegal streams still suck on big screen modern TVs.
Apr 13, 2005
339 posts
143 upvotes
Kitchener
jackpie wrote: I tried it for 1 month last year, illegal streams were better quality than SN Now. and that doesn't say much, considering illegal streams still suck on big screen modern TVs.
I've had that exact opposite experience. On my Nvidia shield TV, the feed from the SN Now App was better than from my actual cable service - I suspect the frame rate being 30 on cable was the reason why. I know of some illegal streams which match the video quality of the SNNow app (almost as if they're literally passing it through), but they butcher the audio. There is a very noticeable difference if you're using a surround system.

Which device were you using to stream from? Might be worth checking the list to see if you should be getting 720p or 1080p.
May 27, 2010
466 posts
186 upvotes
jackpie wrote: I tried it for 1 month last year, illegal streams were better quality than SN Now. and that doesn't say much, considering illegal streams still suck on big screen modern TVs.
From what I've seen, most illegal NHL streams were 6000 mbps (or less) SN streams and looked on par with a 720p stream. Some were closer to 1080p. None of them were as good as the SN stream they derived from.
Aug 10, 2008
454 posts
91 upvotes
DanielB40260 wrote: ↑
I've watched dozens and dozens of different games on my pc using Sportsnet Now and I've never had one dropped frame, freeze or tiny skip. Always just a smooth feed and the picture looks amazing on my monitor. Makes me think it's your connection or hardware that's causing all the issues.

Search 'sportsnet' on Twitter 10 minutes into some of the first regular season games this season. The poster isn't alone.

My PC is fine, but my hardwired NVIDIA Shield, my S8 and S10 on data and on wifi all struggle. They screwed up their app late last October and the buffering and errors and crashing of the app was ridiculous. Seemed to be multiple carriers (SaskTel for me, would be other poster on other providers with the same issues at the same time.

I could find alternate sources of the game that did not have the issue.

Sportsnet support is beyond horrible.
Last edited by Ukrainianoiler on Sep 27th, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 24, 2012
97 posts
31 upvotes
Kelowna
Is there any way to record games on IPTV/Alternate streams to watch later?