Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3151 posts
793 upvotes
Vaughan

Sportsnet Now vs TSN direct?

So after using free streams for years. I'm tired of constant disconnects, and poor quality streams from the free stream sites. Now that I'm not working. I have more time for sports. I would like to sign up for sportsnet now or tsn direct. I primarily want this for raptors games. I do also like watching baseball, and tennis as well. I read that tsn direct shows pretty much all sports that they show on tv. I see that tsn offers a day package for $4.99 and sportsnet does a week for $9.99. I may have to test them out first, but would like to here from someone who has tried both of these services. If not both, at least one.

Also, I assume that these streams don't disconnect every few minutes here and there, like free stream sites? is that correct to assume?

Do both these services show all raptors game? or just home games? or just select number of games?

Is the there any difference in terms of picture quality? I know they're both 720p if I'm not mistaken, but does one look better than the other?

fyi, I don't have cable tv, so I can't just subscribe to a sports package. I also have an xbox series x, and I see there is a sports net app. Is there a tsn app that's compatible with the xbox series x? I don't have google os on my tv, and I prefer not buying another device like google home, or amazon fire stick.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4905 posts
1251 upvotes
Abbottabad
Keep looking for free stuff. Don't support Robbers or Bhell.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1878 posts
324 upvotes
I find Sportsnet video quality to be better, but they both suck. It's a bit embarrassing how poor Bell and Rogers efforts in streaming are.

For example watching TSN UFC prelims, then switching to an alternative stream for the ppv, the other stream is much higher quality.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5784 posts
2804 upvotes
Global Village
I've used them both, if I had to choose between the 2 I'd pick SNNow. The catch is that Bell and Rogers split the Raptors games 50-50 to force you to subscribe to both services. You could also look at NBA League Pass on Xbox though, if you're OK with watching Raps games 24 hours after they air they stream all games in excellent quality.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2900 posts
2445 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: I've used them both, if I had to choose between the 2 I'd pick SNNow. The catch is that Bell and Rogers split the Raptors games 50-50 to force you to subscribe to both services. You could also look at NBA League Pass on Xbox though, if you're OK with watching Raps games 24 hours after they air they stream all games in excellent quality.
Bell (BCE) and Rogers both own 37.5% of MLSE (Raptors)

"As a result of Bell and Rogers having co-ownership in MLSE, the regional broadcasts of Maple Leafs and Toronto FC games are split between Bell's TSN and Rogers' Sportsnet; the national rights to the Raptors and the NBA overall are also split between TSN and Sportsnet."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_Lea ... and_Rogers
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12223 posts
3380 upvotes
if you are just looking for sports, get an invite to smoothstreams. best paired with tivimate

although you are not interesting in buying another device, then good luck with your search
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Penalty Box
Jul 13, 2012
7251 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
TSN's Day Pass is up to $7.99 now. You can also subscribe for $20 a month, or $100 every six months.
Penalty Box
Jul 13, 2012
7251 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
sixteen12 wrote: I find Sportsnet video quality to be better, but they both suck. It's a bit embarrassing how poor Bell and Rogers efforts in streaming are.

For example watching TSN UFC prelims, then switching to an alternative stream for the ppv, the other stream is much higher quality.
A few months ago (when it was allowed...) I had a few friends over and paid the $65 to buy the UFC main card and it kept freezing/failing, whereas TSN (which I bought for the prelims) worked fine.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1878 posts
324 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: A few months ago (when it was allowed...) I had a few friends over and paid the $65 to buy the UFC main card and it kept freezing/failing, whereas TSN (which I bought for the prelims) worked fine.
Yeah the TSN stream works fine, it just doesn't look great.

I was also referring to an "alternative" stream.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?