Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12083 posts
22343 upvotes
Scarborough

Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 17, 2019
Retailer:
Spotify
Looks like it's good for new and existing subscribers. Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer.
Premium for $9.99 CAD/mo. One device redemption code per account. CA only. Shipping & handling by Google: a Google account and Google-approved form of payment required to redeem a device. Offer available until April 17, 2019, or while supplies last. Devices must be redeemed by May 31, 2019. Trial users not eligible. Terms apply.
https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/offer/
Images
  • 2019-04-16.png
Last edited by aasoror on Apr 16th, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Thread Summary
Deal Q&A (aasoror 4/11/19)

Q: How can I get this deal?
A: Follow the link, if you are registering a new account make sure you do it via the link else you might get caught in a free one-month trial membership of Spotify premium. Once your registration is complete go to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ and make sure they have you registered for the free GHM.

Q: Who is eligible to get the GHM?
A: Existing Spotify premium accounts (gets it free), Existing Spotify FREE accounts (pays $10 to upgrade to Spotify premium) and New Signups (pays $10 to signup for Spotify premium).

Q: Who is not eligible to get the GHM?
A: Anyone on free, discounted or promotional subscription (free trials, student and family plan) as well as those with a pre-paid subscription or those paying with gift cards.

Q: Doesn't Spotify premium starts with a free 30 days trial?
A: Yes, but as long as you are on the trial period you aren't eligible, also note once started it can't be canceled. You will either need to wait for it to end or sign up for a new account. This is the reason it's important to use the link in the OP to sign up as it will get your to forfeit that free trial.

Q: Do I need to commit to Spotify premium for a specific time to get GHM?
A: Spotify is a pre-paid service, you are already committing for one month of service at $9.99 to get the GHM, you can cancel anytime during that first month and no further commitment is required (even if Google fulfillment is delayed past the end of the first month).

Q: Doesn't Spotify offer a 14 days refund policy? can I use that loophole to get a free GHM without paying Spotify anything?
A: No, the 14 days refund policy applies if you don't access your account during the first 14 days, Spotify has set the T&C of that offer so your account is considered accessed the moment your payment is processed (whether you actually use the service or not) basically voiding the return policy to close that loophole.

Q: Ok, so I signed up for the offer now what?
A: Now you wait to get an email with the title "your GHM reservation is ready", that email has a link that will take you directly to Google store to complete the purchase.

Q: I haven't received the email yet, going through the offer link one more time opens a page with a link to check availability, once clicked I get a message saying "unable to redeem your code".
A: That's normal, it means no code was generated for you yet, you need to wait for the email.

Q: How long do I need to wait for the redemption email?
A: It depends, started with few minutes, then few hours and now Spotify is saying it might take few days because of the overwhelming response.

Q: So if they ran out of GHM then I basically lost that and 1 month free offer?
A: When they run out of supply the promo will be automatically terminated, once terminated you would be no longer able to sign up for it. As long as the promo is still advertised by Spotify, you use the signup link and your payment is processed you are "entitled" a GHM redemption code (per the "verbatim" of the offer T&C).

Q: I still am getting the "unable to redeem" message after click the link in the second mail with code. What gives?
A: Make sure you are signed into the correct spotify account before clicking on the link. You should be signed into the Spotify account which the code was generated for.

Q: Got the email from Spotify saying GHM is available, but the Google store shows Out Of Stock. Now what?
A: Nothing to worry about, stock seems to be updated in realtime, just keep on checking, furthermore you have till May 31 to claim the code.

Q: Can I double dip?
A: The restriction Spotify enforced to get issued a code is "one per Spotify account" (you can get as many codes as you can create accounts and billing info doesn't need to be unique), on the other hand, Google seems to be enforcing a "one per Google account" policy and is further trying to prevent orders from multiple accounts by the same account holder (which is usually identified by CC info). There is no restriction on the number of orders from the same household (as long as CC is different).

Q: How to play it safe with Google order?
A: DON'T use guest checkout, make sure you shipping info exactly match your CC billing info, don't use the same CC for multiple orders and if using paypal make sure you are shipping to the paypal "confirmed" address. Furthermore, another RFD'er was told by Google Store support that Canadian Visa debit cards can't be used as a payment source for this promotion.

Q: Google canceled my order, all hope lost?
A: While mostly yes, code is voided and Spotify won't issue you a new one, but there seems a couple of reports about RFD'ers escalating their issue with Spotify enough that Spotify re-issued them codes after getting screenshots from the canceled Google order (that can be anything but the norm, so better play safe).

Q: That's too much overhead, will just pick up a code from ebay for $8?
A: Ebay is swarming with phished/stolen Spotify premium accounts, these accounts could all be used to create "illegitimate" codes. If it's too good to be true, then it's too good to be true. Remember once you use the code it can only be traced back to you and the phisher is out of the loop.

Q: Where can I check the status of my order to get a GHM?
A: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/

----------------------

Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer.

Don't use guest checkouts; order will get cancelled and your coupon code will be marked "redeemed" even if the order got cancelled. Google staff will not be able to help.

Only 1 per google account.
4142 replies
Apr 17, 2016
9 posts
21 upvotes
It says :
It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you.
Anyone else seeing the same?
Nov 27, 2017
14 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks OP!
Though this may hinder a few people:
"Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer"
Jun 9, 2017
271 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
Current suscribers of single account ONLY can get it too by clicking the link in OP and signing in. They are out of stock so they can reserve one for you and will email once it's available.
Last edited by Saad1988 on Apr 9th, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12083 posts
22343 upvotes
Scarborough
nobatterygiven wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:09 am
Thanks OP!
Though this may hinder a few people:
"Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer"
Good catch. I updated the OP with that info.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jan 19, 2017
472 posts
439 upvotes
lapolezia wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:09 am
It says :
It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you.
Anyone else seeing the same?
Same here...

EDIT***
Its because I was premium for family, I think.
Jan 1, 2013
388 posts
221 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
Awesome...thanks OP

You’ve reserved your Google Home Mini

Demand has been very high, so it might take a few days for your device to become available! We’ll email you when it’s ready.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3843 posts
1023 upvotes
GTA
You’ve reserved your Google Home Mini
Demand has been very high, so it might take a few days for your device to become available! We’ll email you at xxx when it’s ready.

Thanks!

/edit

As soon as I posted that, I get an email with a link that takes you to the Google store to order the Mini

Delivery April 10 to 11

Check your email guys
Last edited by Dave98 on Apr 9th, 2019 8:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dec 8, 2009
199 posts
94 upvotes
London
Don't understand why family accounts are excluded. We are paying more than the standard $10/month. It should include family accounts (1 per account).
Mar 5, 2017
52 posts
10 upvotes
Do we have to keep the subscription going for a period of time or can I sign up, get google home mini and cancel after a month or two?
Apr 20, 2015
66 posts
68 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Signed up for Spotify Premium (cancelled family plan and signed up for normal) and its stating I am not eligible

EDIT: Duh, because my account is still under Family until the end of the month. Created a new account, signed up for Premium and got the device ordered. Will wait until its here and cancel. 10 bucks for a GHM is fine with me.
Last edited by JakeMills on Apr 9th, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 4, 2018
138 posts
199 upvotes
Worked for me but they are oos at the moment so I'll wait for their email. Thx OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4124 posts
476 upvotes
Scarborough
lowridin_guy wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:20 am
Don't understand why family accounts are excluded. We are paying more than the standard $10/month. It should include family accounts (1 per account).
LOL so you're paying $15 for 6 accounts. It's already a great deal compared to $10 for one account. I wouldn't complain about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2165 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
What happens if you cancel the subscription?
Jun 9, 2004
321 posts
112 upvotes
Saint John
Worked for me also. It said demand is high, they'll email when available. Within 2 minutes, there was an email saying mine was reserved and I was able to order it. Keep an eye on your mail boxes!