Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 8, 2017
71 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mike2258 wrote: Am I the only one that doesn’t like that google takes all the information from you to profit more from you? I’ll never put one of these in my house. I’m surprised so many people want one. Guess I’m in the minority.
Same. I even use android, but have no desire for one of these.
May 22, 2018
187 posts
406 upvotes
Mike2258 wrote: Am I the only one that doesn’t like that google takes all the information from you to profit more from you? I’ll never put one of these in my house. I’m surprised so many people want one. Guess I’m in the minority.
Then why are you on this thread?
Mar 8, 2018
123 posts
43 upvotes
I am going to sell it.
Xtreme value-maximizing customer
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1020 posts
148 upvotes
How many hours have people been waiting for the Google code? I've been waiting for 4 hours and haven't seen anything yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4896 posts
4518 upvotes
Just requested the google home mini. Waiting for the email. Should have done this yesterday
Dec 30, 2017
156 posts
38 upvotes
wanton007 wrote: How many hours have people been waiting for the Google code? I've been waiting for 4 hours and haven't seen anything yet.
I did it in the morning at around 10 and i got the email in 2 min.
Its too much backlogged now i think.
May 7, 2012
932 posts
409 upvotes
Ordered yesterday. Received this afternoon. Fun toy.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3499 posts
3769 upvotes
Toronto
wanton007 wrote: How many hours have people been waiting for the Google code? I've been waiting for 4 hours and haven't seen anything yet.
it will prob take days, they stopped sending them out
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1020 posts
148 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: it will prob take days, they stopped sending them out
Thanks! I should have did this night. My wife already did hers yesterday...why we're not on a family plan is beyond me though...
May 22, 2018
187 posts
406 upvotes
So I've had an ordered cancelled, my friend has hers cancelled, and my fiance's brother had his cancelled. Spotify sent us all the same generic email today and each of us explored a different way to pursue this (I asked for a refund due to them not honouring their deal, was denied and escalated, my friend was told it would be looked at by a different "team", and my fiancé's brother was told "I understand" about 5 times and then the agent closed the chat on him.

Spotify's being very negligent for no reason, it's not hard for them to issue a new link to those who had their orders cancelled cause of a Google checkout issue (this is my only Spotify account and I'm not gaming the system like others), and Google is not being lenient at all by re-placing the orders and just charging Spotify later on. Both companies are pushing around the customers and as a first time Spotify user, I'm incredibly shocked at this service. Is this legal? Can they really offer something and then due to error if it doesn't work, then can they really deny any and all responsibility? I'm not asking for Spotify to sent me a free Google Home Mini and a refund, I just want a new discount link so I can enjoy my new subscription on my new speaker.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8515 posts
3350 upvotes
Toronto
rhutvirani wrote: I did it in the morning at around 10 and i got the email in 2 min.
Its too much backlogged now i think.
Wow lucky u.. my friend registered yesterday and still no email indicating availability as of now.
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 10th, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3741 posts
886 upvotes
I ordered around 10 this morning and got the email in a couple of minutes.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1247 posts
578 upvotes
GTA
RFDDAN wrote: Apple overtook Spotify as the #1 music streaming service. Spotify wants to be #1 again, hence this offer.
Almost fiscal year ending too, gotta pump those numbers
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4913 posts
1276 upvotes
Toronto
Google uses anonymized data (as does every other company!!!) to make their products BETTER and SMARTER. A lot of people are misinformed because they read sensationalized articles that keep perpetuating that Google is stealing your data and selling it off for $$$$. No, data is everything when it comes to making products better, smarter, more intelligent. The reason technologies are so useful and smart and you love them is because companies like Google use data to make smart products. Why is google image search so amazing? Data. Why does google search give such relevant results? Data. How is Google speech recognition so accurate? Data. How is Google maps able to provide such great directions and transit times? Data.

Without large ANONYMIZED datasets to train AI on, you'd be complaining about how dumb your phone / apps / search engine /youtube/maps are...

Facebook on the other hand......... Facebook / Instagram / Whatsapp you should be worried about...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)