Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

May 22, 2018
190 posts
408 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote: How can you have a GHM shipped and cancelled...
I gave my brother mine cause I felt bad so now his problem is mine unfortunately. It's the first order though from that account, his Google account, his Spotify account. I'm just responsible for his mess now.
Last edited by sparklingjaney on Apr 10th, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 18, 2009
40 posts
35 upvotes
Aurora,ON
Sorry didn't feel like reading 108 pages of comments....does anyone know how we get the Google home mini if we are on a Spotify Premium family plan at $14.99/ month? It doesn't give us an option to claim.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2150 posts
742 upvotes
Ontario
w3s_26 wrote: Sorry didn't feel like reading 108 pages of comments....does anyone know how we get the Google home mini if we are on a Spotify Premium family plan at $14.99/ month? It doesn't give us an option to claim.
At the very least read the 1st page
Sep 5, 2009
244 posts
46 upvotes
i have pretty much given up hope. Solution needs to come from spotify but with all this going on they are probably not going to do a thing. How do we collectively escalate this? Hard to believe these big companies have such bad customer service.
Shawnies wrote: On my wife’s account and google order I got a cancelled immediately from google. Both google and Spotify are blaming each other. Spotify won’t give new code and google won’t do anything. Both the google and Spotify chat agents can’t do anything as it needs escalation. The google checkout system is messed up. Just wanted to post this to help anyone who got a cancellation. I’m still trying to get to a resolution.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1686 posts
416 upvotes
mine still only says that it hasn't been delivered yet but that I would get it by tomorrow or by friday.

For anyone who's already received it, did you all get a tracking e-mail first? Has anyone received one without getting the delivery e-mail?
Nov 29, 2013
178 posts
89 upvotes
GTA
lowkeypoor wrote: Just checked. For everyone who had their orders to be set for delivery April 11-12, it now says the delivery has been delayed. Well mine says it has not sure what everyone else says.
Checked my order and it has not changed to delayed. My estimated delivery date is April 11-12. Hoping it gets sent out soon.
Jan 27, 2019
30 posts
20 upvotes
umlowcn wrote: I didn't get any email, but order details now shows:

Delayed
Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way.
Exactly. I didn't get notified I just decided to check and saw this. The trend looks like anyone who did this early yesterday until like 10ish am is getting theirs shipped today or at least gets their shipment notification that they will be getting theirs v.s. those who did it around the afternoon and are expecting ours to be shipped in the next few days since we weren't the lucky ones are getting delayed. The backlog now must be insane.
Dec 27, 2007
20186 posts
11333 upvotes
Kitchener
w3s_26 wrote: Sorry didn't feel like reading 108 pages of comments....does anyone know how we get the Google home mini if we are on a Spotify Premium family plan at $14.99/ month? It doesn't give us an option to claim.
You aren't eligible, nothing that can be done with "your current" account.
You need a new account.
Nov 25, 2018
84 posts
50 upvotes
Family plan isn’t eligible.
Aug 9, 2010
164 posts
67 upvotes
Bowmanville
Ok. Thanks. Mine still stands. I called google and they said “congrats you are one of the only ones that placed with a guest account”. They told me mine won’t be cancelled. I have no idea why so many are cancelled
Apr 8, 2007
264 posts
70 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Actually when the biggest reported loot is 5 so far (with 5 different credit cards) and when people are resorting to selling the codes and not the actual product then this means it's working way more effective than any of the "free google mini bundle at BB" deals that was ever posted here.
boonjaca wrote: I ordered around 10 this morning and got the email in a couple of minutes.
You could also argue people selling codes actually prove its working less effectively. If they had you type in your google account you were going to claim the promo code on before generating the code and you had to log into that account to claim it (effectively tying it to a specific account) then people couldn't sell codes and you would definitely have to sign into your google account to claim it. I suspect they (spotify/google) definitely don't have a system in place to make this possible at this time.
aasoror wrote: Correct, that's why they are cracking down on both guest checkouts and multiple orders from different google accounts with the same CC.
I do agree though if its working then good, but my only perspective was guest checkout. I wasn't aware of cancelled orders due to duplicate CC being 100% confirm it was just a duplicate CC that caused the order to be cancelled. I honestly think it would have been enough to just block same CC.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1454 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
sparklingjaney wrote: I gave my brother mine cause I felt bad so now his problem is mine unfortunately. It's the first order though from that account, his Google account, his Spotify account. I'm just responsible for his mess now.
sparklingjaney wrote: Both mine and his were to be shipped to our parents house cause both of us work and can't receive packages. I guess they cancelled his cause of the same address? Or maybe cause I used my CC as a place holder on the Google order? No idea, we've opened a service ticket for him.
So your first order went through fine, your second order and your brother both sent the order to the same address as the first order.
From what everybody says on this thread, that seems to be the problem. A combination of same google account/CC/address, roll a dice, and you might get cancelled.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
1675 upvotes
Toronto
sparklingjaney wrote: Nope, I was careful not to use a guest account and only use my own Google account and the same Spotify account linked to it.

All of us were told the same thing by Google, that there was a payment issue. Which isn't true because 1) All three of us used our correct addresses as mentioned on our CC with no wrong info and 2) The exact payment methods all worked for Spotify to sign up prior. I signed up for this first, called my friends and they all did their own from their respective workplaces. It's not like we even had the same addresses or anything.
I am also in the same boat!!!
Dec 27, 2007
20186 posts
11333 upvotes
Kitchener
mdfaisal wrote: How do we collectively escalate this? Hard to believe these big companies have such bad customer service.
If you have followed the T&C to a T and think you were unfairly treated by Google/Spotify then consider writing to Ellen Roseman.
https://www.thestar.com/authors.roseman_ellen.html
But you need to first exhaust your options with both before reaching out to her (else she will dismiss whatever you have to say as just another lazy/entitled customer), if she gets enough whistles she usually looks into stuff.
Good luck,
Nov 21, 2017
1 posts
Has anyone gotten their order cancelled from using guest checkout? I just read thats what happens and i already ordered using guest ):