Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

May 12, 2012
466 posts
344 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
aasoror wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 3:56 pm
Nope, it doesn't, that catch phrase allows them to end the deal prior to the posted dates, but that won't allow them to end the deal "secretly" without telling anyone and keep taking orders and promising everyone a GHM.
They can't simply tell you "wait for the reservation email" when in fact at that time they have ended the deal because they have no stock.
They haven't secretly ended the deal. Google is attempting to sort out it's stock level with this fiasco. It would be difficult to properly confirm stock numbers without processing the prior orders. The deal is still live, and since there is no exchange of currency/bill of sale, there is no promise of a device. You can take as many orders as you want as long and decline them due to OOS. It happens with online orders all the time especially with ISPU.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2023 posts
331 upvotes
Gta
jasonchewy wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:39 pm
So your first order went through fine, your second order and your brother both sent the order to the same address as the first order.
From what everybody says on this thread, that seems to be the problem. A combination of same google account/CC/address, roll a dice, and you might get cancelled.
Mine was a variation on this. I did one for myself that went through and shipped as guest order. I then did another order for my Mom . For the second order, it was with a different Spotify account, different email and logged in as guest, but same address as first and same credit card. So I don’t thing it was the guest order issue, or google account issue, but same credit card issue.
Koodo member
Mar 20, 2009
570 posts
38 upvotes
ordered around 1:30 today...still no GHM confirmation email..... will wait till tomorrow. If nothing still then call credit card company for charge back
Apr 8, 2007
215 posts
47 upvotes
I think the big issue here is spotify I doubt expected this. They just generated codes. I doubt they had anyway to check if the orders went through. They can't just send out new codes to everyone who complains so I'm guess they are trying to set something up with google that allows them to see the order number associated with that promo code so they can send it out only to people that didn't get a confirmed order. If they are doing this by hand it will take a long time so they might be trying to cobble something together hence the silence from spotify. Just a guess so hopefully given a bit of time they will get it sorted.
Sep 21, 2004
9841 posts
3791 upvotes
Calgary
The problem is same credit card. Regardless what the T&C says, if you use the same CC, it is more than likely to be cancelled.

Guest Checkout is not really an issue. If you log in, Google Store automatically restrict you to one purchase only.
May 22, 2018
132 posts
208 upvotes
I really think Google needs to own up to it if they're cancelling cause of same CC or address. Some families live together or use the same home addresses (for convenience like in my case) and not everyone has a CC and use their parents/significant others/siblings/etc. It's wrong to do that under this assumption. I get that they want to ensure its one per person which is perfectly fine but I doubt people have the time and energy to make new Gmail accounts AND new Spotify accounts. Punish the ones gaming the system, not people like us who are spending our hard earned money and just want the deal we signed up for.
Aug 11, 2018
203 posts
205 upvotes
RFDDAN wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 3:57 pm
Apple overtook Spotify as the #1 music streaming service. Spotify wants to be #1 again, hence this offer.
wasn't it #1 music streaming in north america, not the world?

anyways.. longtime apple user and i used to use apple music. i prefer spotify. better ui and better playlists. but that's just me.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1249 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
Basically Google has a set of rules set for eligibility, Spotify didn't list it all out.
Then you ended up with 1 month of Spotify, and Google denies the order.

If you do feel one GHM isn't enough and must go for a second one.
You'll need a new gmail, setup new spotify account, different CC with different address (a different name could help), ship it to a different address.
Nov 15, 2016
11 posts
montreal, qc
Folks, need your help to understand if i'm scr$$d !

I've subscribed to Spotify at 12:20 pm today
When clicking on "reserve Yours Now" i was redirected to a new page saying " Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.
With a link to a "Check availability" page, I got the following message: "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Any chance I could still get a free GHM ?

Cheers folks
May 22, 2018
132 posts
208 upvotes
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:48 pm
I think the big issue here is spotify I doubt expected this. They just generated codes. I doubt they had anyway to check if the orders went through. They can't just send out new codes to everyone who complains so I'm guess they are trying to set something up with google that allows them to see the order number associated with that promo code so they can send it out only to people that didn't get a confirmed order. If they are doing this by hand it will take a long time so they might be trying to cobble something together hence the silence from spotify. Just a guess so hopefully given a bit of time they will get it sorted.

Spotify can easily confirm it with the order number and cancellation email (which I've been asked for countless times now). Cross reference it with the gmail account used on the Spotify account and it's easy to verify who is telling the truth and who isn't. I really hope it gets sorted out.
Apr 8, 2007
215 posts
47 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:49 pm
The problem is same credit card. Regardless what the T&C says, if you use the same CC, it is more than likely to be cancelled.

Guest Checkout is not really an issue. If you log in, Google Store automatically restrict you to one purchase only.
Except a google rep specifically told me the reason my order was cancelled was due to using guest check out (he looked up my order, I didn't volunteer the info) If he was wrong or not that's another story but it's what I was told. Full disclaimer I had used the same CC. I would hope if it was the same CC that was the reason he would have told me that.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4083 posts
2469 upvotes
w3s_26 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:32 pm
Sorry didn't feel like reading 108 pages of comments....does anyone know how we get the Google home mini if we are on a Spotify Premium family plan at $14.99/ month? It doesn't give us an option to claim.
I understand it's hard reading all 108 pages but did you bother reading the first 2 sentences of the 1st post?
Sep 21, 2004
9841 posts
3791 upvotes
Calgary
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:54 pm
Except a google rep specifically told me the reason my order was cancelled was due to using guest check out (he looked up my order, I didn't volunteer the info) If he was wrong or not that's another story but it's what I was told. Full disclaimer I had used the same CC. I would hope if it was the same CC that was the reason he would have told me that.
Trust me, I am familiar with process. Check page 11 if you want proof.

Google Rep is just like any other call centre rep; they have a set of official answers. Doesn't mean it's the way the system actually works.
Mar 20, 2009
570 posts
38 upvotes
Folks, need your help to understand if i'm scr$$d !

I've subscribed to Spotify at 12:20 pm today
When clicking on "reserve Yours Now" i was redirected to a new page saying " Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.
With a link to a "Check availability" page, I got the following message: "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Any chance I could still get a free GHM ?

Cheers folks
I did the same at 1:30 and got the same as you....guessing they are backlogged and hopefully will send us a confirmation email about the GMH. If I dont see anything by 1:30 tomorrow, then I'll call my credit card company for a clawback
Apr 8, 2007
215 posts
47 upvotes
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:53 pm
Spotify can easily confirm it with the order number and cancellation email (which I've been asked for countless times now). Cross reference it with the gmail account used on the Spotify account and it's easy to verify who is telling the truth and who isn't. I really hope it gets sorted out.
That's the thing though I don't think they have access to google's orders. I think they are taking this info and working with google to find out if the info you provide them is valid. If they have to involve google for every cancelled transaction it's going to take awhile. I highly doubt spotify has direct access to googles billing. You also assume people are all using gmail on spotify and using the same gmail for checking out.

Which is a good point. My first order under guest checkout I used a gmail account. The second guest order I used a rogers email. I highly doubt that has any relevance but maybe it does...