Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify

Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Mar 20, 2009
597 posts
39 upvotes
If you live in a house, wait for your GHM on your driveway or building entrance if you live in a building. Otherwise, CP will just leave you a pickup slip to pick up after 5:00pm. JK
I ordered the Google hub in the past and I thought my mail man was the laziest! Smiling Face With Open Mouth Apparently laziness is in the corporate KoolAid. Mine left a note instead of ringing the doorbell...what takes longer writing a whole pickup slip or ringing the damn bell??Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 14, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
Update on my end:

Signed up with a new account April 10 around 11am (MT).
After about a few dozen refreshes I got the message "You've successfully registered" - or whatever.
Clicking on "Check Availability" resulted in an error page stating I was not able to redeem the offer at this moment.

April 12, 9:52am (MT): I receive an email stating my Google Home Mini is now available for order!
I placed my order and the estimated date of delivery: MAy 22 - 23.

Anyone having the issue, just relax and wait for the second e-mail!
Jun 11, 2018
95 posts
58 upvotes
I just received my email with the link to redeem my GHM. I got Spotify Premium on Wednesday after RFD post was near 1,000 likes.
May 21, 2015
850 posts
1173 upvotes
Saskatoon
NowJoJo wrote: PM'ed!

Edit: He's trying to sell them
He sent me this message lol
"Yes, can give it to you for a $10 Interact transfer"
Mar 7, 2011
103 posts
60 upvotes
Finally got my "Your Google Home Mini is now available" email.
Reserved it around noon on Apr 10th. Delivery May 16-17 to GTA
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
baz5 wrote: Couple replies in bold. I can't believe how clueless you guys are, it's unreal. If you don't know about blatant privacy issues from Google, FB, and others, you need to step off RFD for a few minutes and educate yourself. I mean I literally called it saying they could be giving these away for free and now they are.
Again so what you are saying is that a smart speaker is the only thing that is standing between Google and profiling us so they have no way around that but to send the speaker for free.
Then you go on to say that anyone who doesn't see a smart speaker any more of a security risk than an Android phone is "clueless" and "uneducated"?!

mmm.. ok :)
Feb 4, 2019
858 posts
1358 upvotes
fatcowxlive wrote: I really don't like posts like this. People have used Wireshark and set up a Pi-Hole to monitor DNS and it only transmits data out after an OK google phrase was sent out. Not sure how else data would get to Google if there's no packets otherwise. No, Google hasn't hidden any embedded sim cards into these to transmit data away from your Wifi network because it is both unfeasible and there has been many teardowns on YouTube - someone would have found something. Also no, it's not going to save all the recordings before OK Google and send it along with the OK Google phrase to Google all at once when triggered, because there's hardware limitations and you would notice that your Google Home is trying to send 100mb+ to Google in one shot.

I too am wary if using devices like this, but I haven't really seen evidence other than skepticism about being mic'd up. But truth is, if you have a smart phone you should be more worried about the device you carry everywhere with you with a mic, camera, and GPS along with multiple methods of sending data out. More-so than a mic connect to a wall in your house.
Well put. And I'll add there actually was a Google Home Mini that was caught sending everything a family was doing and sending it to Google. A GHM was malfunctioning and the family decided to check out the activity portal and was blown away by the amount of activity. They contacted Google and after awhile, Google responded by nerfing EVERY GHM in existence until they had a long term fix.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/1 ... -said-247/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7847 posts
8794 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Couple replies in bold. I can't believe how clueless you guys are, it's unreal. If you don't know about blatant privacy issues from Google, FB, and others, you need to step off RFD for a few minutes and educate yourself. I mean I literally called it saying they could be giving these away for free and now they are.
No one cares dude. If you have privacy concerns, don't get this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Again so what you are saying is that a smart speaker is the only thing that is standing between Google and profiling us so they have no way around that but to send the speaker for free.
Then you go on to say that anyone who doesn't see a smart speaker any more of a security risk than an Android phone a "clueless" and "uneducated"?!

mmm.. ok :)
I never said the speaker is the only thing, let's not make things up to try and prove a point. I said it's another way your privacy is being invaded and the only reason it's free is for them to invade your privacy, which none of you seem to understand.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
zaphod_99 wrote: Finally got my "Your Google Home Mini is now available" email.
Reserved it around noon on Apr 10th. Delivery May 16-17 to GTA
What colours left?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
cowmonk wrote: Update on my end:

Signed up with a new account April 10 around 11am (MT).
After about a few dozen refreshes I got the message "You've successfully registered" - or whatever.
Clicking on "Check Availability" resulted in an error page stating I was not able to redeem the offer at this moment.

April 12, 9:52am (MT): I receive an email stating my Google Home Mini is now available for order!
I placed my order and the estimated date of delivery: MAy 22 - 23.

Anyone having the issue, just relax and wait for the second e-mail!
What colour did you order?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Jan 24, 2008
82 posts
276 upvotes
Etobicoke
Registered for Spotify Premium using OP's link on April 10th at 12:33PM.
Received the "Your GHM is now availble" code just now April 12th at 11:52am.
Order placed with estimate arrival May 16-17.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2007
1211 posts
920 upvotes
Kitchener
got my email and completed my order. I had signed up on Apr 10th afternoon.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
For those Getting your codes NOW to order (Hurray. 👏🏻👏🏻), what colour (s) are available to be ordered?

Dec 16, 2015
214 posts
246 upvotes
Sundre, AB
All these people concerned about privacy. If you think your phone hasn't been listening to your conversations for the last 10 years, keep dreaming. Unless you come home and lock your smart phone in a soundproof drawer or cupboard. It's listening to you. Adding a GHM to your home isn't going to give you any less privacy otherwise.
Feb 26, 2007
609 posts
580 upvotes
souvik126 wrote: I think you are the one making statement that the charge is $0 [period], I am saying thats not true you can be charged more like am charged $2. If someone now comes up and says he is charged $1 that does not mean that me or the $0 guy are lying but it means there is another case so assuming it will be $0 for everyone is not true!!
Why don't you post a screenshot for us to see?
Mar 20, 2009
597 posts
39 upvotes
Yeah!!! Ordered April 10 At 1:30pm. Got email and confirmation date "Delivered by 16–17 May"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)