Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3405 posts
1160 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Waiting for GHM email.

Thanks OP!... pretty impressive - 1,100+ upvotes! Thumbs Up Sign
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6477 posts
1319 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Shadow Rider wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 5:48 pm
So iphones in China should be 5x cheaper than the US? but they're not.
You're taking what I wrote out of context and I'm not one to discuss back and forth.

China isn't US or Canada and there's obviously far more factors at play.
Dec 27, 2007
18804 posts
9936 upvotes
Kitchener
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 7:21 pm
I did notice there's weirdly many sellers now on ebay selling these codes. A lot of them claim to have 10+ codes in stock. How do they have so many codes anyway? Most of us who ordered through Spotify are freakin' backordered and some of these guys have 20+ codes?
It's more suspicious than it is weird, clearly, these codes were harvested earlier in the promo.
Oct 7, 2005
936 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 7:21 pm
I didn't think of that either. I really hope it's not that.

I did notice there's weirdly many sellers now on ebay selling these codes. A lot of them claim to have 10+ codes in stock. How do they have so many codes anyway? Most of us who ordered through Spotify are freakin' backordered and some of these guys have 20+ codes?
Don’t sweat it. If google cancels your order just open a dispute/chargeback.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17170 posts
23693 upvotes
ONTARIO
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 7:37 pm
It's more suspicious than it is weird, clearly, these codes were harvested earlier in the promo.
That's what I mean, it's super suspicious. But it's too late now since I already ordered. Either my google order goes through or it doesn't.
If they do cancel your order, does anyone know when they do it? It shows estimated delivery is may 17-18!! Over a month.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1323 posts
131 upvotes
I bought a code off eBay and redeemed, the delivery date given was May 22-23.
Nov 22, 2017
105 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
advantage21 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 7:52 pm
I bought a code off eBay and redeemed, the delivery date given was May 22-23.
Hey Buddy,

I just sent you a PM.. can you please check?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17170 posts
23693 upvotes
ONTARIO
I noticed some a seller or two on ebay that have these 100% off codes also list CA/FR/UK in the title. Are these codes really interchangeable with France and the UK?
Trying to figure out how someone can have so many codes. If they are interchangeable, maybe they got them from Spotify UK or France.
Mar 27, 2010
104 posts
12 upvotes
I was ignoring this post thinking it must be only for new subscribers. I already have a Google home mini and I was automatically subscribed to Spotify when the trial expired. Now, I am reserved for Goole Home Mini. Sweet!

Thanks a lot OP.
Apr 14, 2018
117 posts
126 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 8:33 pm
I noticed some a seller or two on ebay that have these 100% off codes also list CA/FR/UK in the title. Are these codes really interchangeable with France and the UK?
Trying to figure out how someone can have so many codes. If they are interchangeable, maybe they got them from Spotify UK or France.
Or maybe they've figured out a code generator of some sort. Maybe unlikely, but I also find it strange that people would create dozens of Spotify accounts just for a small profit.
Dec 27, 2007
18804 posts
9936 upvotes
Kitchener
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 8:33 pm
People were not able to sign up for the offer when their spotify region was set to the US (vs. Canada), so unless FR/UK are running a similar promo there is no way to get codes in these regions, but there is also a chance that the Canada generated codes turned out to be redeemable in Google FR/UK as well.
With that said, no matter how you flip it, these codes are generated once per account, someone offering 20 codes have 20 different Spotify premium accounts, seller already owning so many accounts doesn't make sense, seller creating so many accounts just to get the code and sell it below cost making even less sense.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17170 posts
23693 upvotes
ONTARIO
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:05 pm
People were not able to sign up for the offer when their spotify region was set to the US (vs. Canada), so unless FR/UK are running a similar promo there is no way to get codes in these regions, but there is also a chance that the Canada generated codes turned out to be redeemable in Google FR/UK as well.
With that said, no matter how you flip it, these codes are generated once per account, someone offering 20 codes have 20 different Spotify premium accounts, seller already owning so many accounts doesn't make sense, seller creating so many accounts just to get the code and sell it below cost making even less sense.
There's definitely something strange about it.

Look at this UK seller.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Google-Home-Min ... SwcOtcrveM

Sold over 50 in the last 24 hours alone and still more than 10+ available.
Even says in the description "This will work only in Canada, France and the UK.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1498 posts
464 upvotes
Montreal, QC
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:05 pm
they also had the promo like last month so it could be leftover codes?
Aug 5, 2012
240 posts
121 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Could it be Google dumping this thing. No way I would pay $80. I got a pair from Best Buy for $40 and gave to my children as Christmas gift.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1912 posts
1286 upvotes
Kitchener
People are selling on eBay for $10! Might get it there so I don't need to deal with Spotify?
Last edited by NowJoJo on Apr 11th, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaming PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 6500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8