Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:12 pm
they also had the promo like last month so it could be leftover codes?
That UK listing was just created today and has only been updated since to increase quanity.
Also there seems to be no way to specifiy which country you want the code for, so seems these are all CA generated codes that ended up being usable for Google UK/FR stores.
There is no way these are legit codes, very less likely they cracked the generator, more likely hacked premium accounts or new accounts created with stolen credit cards.
Nov 15, 2007
90 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
MY DEVICE JUST ARRIVED!! THANKS TOM RFD!!

*bought Tuesday morning, under 100 upvotes at the time. Shipped to GTA.
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:08 pm
There's definitely something strange about it.

Look at this UK seller.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Google-Home-Min ... SwcOtcrveM

Sold over 50 in the last 24 hours alone and still more than 10+ available.
Even says in the description "This will work only in Canada, France and the UK.
This isn't going to end well.
That guy had about 90 codes to sell.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6855 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:20 pm
That UK listing was just created today and has only been updated since to increase quanity.
Also there seems to be no way to specifiy which country you want the code for, so seems these are all CA generated codes that ended up being usable for Google UK/FR stores.
There is no way these are legit codes, very less likely they cracked the generator, more likely hacked premium accounts or new accounts created with stolen credit cards.
Yup, seems more and more like that. They'd better not mess it up for people that got the offer legitimately.
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
Angultra wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:25 pm
Yup, seems more and more like that. They'd better not mess it up for people that got the offer legitimately.
It shouldn't be that hard to trace back the generated codes, now that you look at it, this might be the reason they have haulted/slowed down code generation.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7732 posts
9272 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:20 pm
UK listing... These are 100% stolen codes!

There are hundreds if not thousands of Spotify accounts being published daily in online forums, and all you have to do is take one over, claim the code, then sell it.

Problem is, once/if the true owner complains, they can always trace the code and it will go back to the person who did the purchase...

I would stay away from this, but that's just me.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1630 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Signed up yesterday. Didn't get any email yet.
Apr 10, 2019
58 posts
71 upvotes
Halifax
So I signed up for the promo yesterday and am still waiting on a code. I just now went and ordered one of those eBay codes and placed the order. When I receive my own code does anyone know if changing the credit card attached to the order will let me order it or will I have to use a different google account?
Oct 22, 2005
580 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
I would probably use a different google account along with different ccard...thats just me
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
MitchRuns wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:46 pm
So I signed up for the promo yesterday and am still waiting on a code. I just now went and ordered one of those eBay codes and placed the order. When I receive my own code does anyone know if changing the credit card attached to the order will let me order it or will I have to use a different google account?
You will need to use a different google account (and for safety change the CC).
Apr 10, 2019
58 posts
71 upvotes
Halifax
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:49 pm
You will need to use a different google account (and for safety change the CC).
I will do that. Better to be safe than sorry. Thanks guys, I hope we all receive our codes soon!
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
IDStorms wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:32 pm
UK listing... These are 100% stolen codes!
Check the selling history of these guys, most were selling spotify accounts with lifetime primum subscription for just couple of dollars which are 100% phished/stolen accounts or accounts created with phished/stolen credit cards. No wonder they are now using the accounts they are already sitting on to generate the codes.
Mar 12, 2017
820 posts
1986 upvotes
The best part of this is that so many free GHM's are going to be given away and flooded all over resale channels that it's going to bring the sell price of the product to obscenely low levels, making signing up for the $10 cost hardly worth the extra effort it will take to sell the thing. Those hoping to sign up to make a straight flip at a decent profit will be disappointed, the $80 list price of the product is no longer relevant.
Last edited by Krime1k on Apr 11th, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.