Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Apr 10, 2019
58 posts
71 upvotes
Halifax
Now I feel bad for using one of those eBay codes. I figured it was someone selling codes they just didn't want from their own account. I never saw that they had several dozen sold until now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7732 posts
9272 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 9:59 pm
Check the selling history of these guys, most were selling spotify accounts with lifetime primum subscription for just couple of dollars which are 100% phished/stolen accounts or accounts created with phished/stolen credit cards. No wonder they are now using the accounts they are already sitting on to generate the codes.
Of course!

It's so easy to get a free paid Spotify account, but what's the point, because even if you weren't the person who stole the account originally, you can be held responsible afterwards, so it's not worth it.

Another thing worth noting, these aren't $80 devices...

Best Buy had a 2 for $40 not to long ago, and even though it was supposedly a price error, I was told by employees they were letting anyone have them at that price.

Found it: google-home-mini-2-40-2248295/14/#p30265478
Last edited by IDStorms on Apr 11th, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 7, 2009
637 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
The google home comes with a free trial of YouTube Music Premium too, use that after your spotify month is done.
Last edited by JimboSlice on Apr 11th, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
Apr 10, 2019
2 posts
3 upvotes
I just realized why I haven’t seen the email to receive the Google Home Mini... apparently it was sent to junk email...
Mar 13, 2012
827 posts
623 upvotes
Surrey
waited a day, still no email to claim the home mini,
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3230 posts
2237 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:08 pm
The best part of this is that so many free GHM's are going to be given away and flooded all over resale channels that it's going to bring the sell price of the product to obscenely low levels, making signing up for the $10 cost hardly worth the extra effort it will take to sell the thing. Those hoping to sign up to make a straight flip at a decent profit will be disappointed, the $80 list price of the product is no longer relevant.
Agree with that although I doubt many people were paying $80 for the GHM as of late because even before this promo started there were plenty listed on resell sites for the typical $35-50
Jul 10, 2017
152 posts
146 upvotes
Is it safe to buy one of these codes from ebay? I use family and am not eligible for this.
Nov 12, 2017
371 posts
266 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:08 pm
The best part of this is that so many free GHM's are going to be given away and flooded all over resale channels that it's going to bring the sell price of the product to obscenely low levels, making signing up for the $10 cost hardly worth the extra effort it will take to sell the thing. Those hoping to sign up to make a straight flip at a decent profit will be disappointed, the $80 list price of the product is no longer relevant.
Tbh, it was never relevant. I always saw the Mini as realistically priced at $39.99, and the Home for $99.99 since they goes on sale so often. Anyone paying full price or anything above those aforementioned prices are chumps
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5236 posts
886 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:00 pm
I’ll just leave this here and walk away.....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/tech/ama ... index.html
I would laugh and post when these went on sale and everyone went crazy for them. I said Google would give these away to make money off you guys and you all are going nuts to buy it on sale. And now here we are, Google literally giving them away because they'll make more money off your data than making you pay for one.
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
OrangeBerry wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:00 pm
I’ll just leave this here and walk away.....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/tech/ama ... index.html
More fit for an Echo thread.
Mar 12, 2017
820 posts
1986 upvotes
krispy4 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:04 pm
Tbh, it was never relevant. I always saw the Mini as realistically priced at $39.99, and the Home for $99.99 since they goes on sale so often. Anyone paying full price or anything above those aforementioned prices are chumps
I get that but I'm sure there's a large number of people who are looking at this deal the following way – an $80 product for $10 – making it seem hotter than it really is since resale will bring it nowhere close to that original $80 price. This was my point.
Last edited by Krime1k on Apr 11th, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
polarbearx wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:59 pm
Is it safe to buy one of these codes from ebay? I use family and am not eligible for this.
Read thread summary.
Dec 27, 2007
18709 posts
9835 upvotes
Kitchener
baz5 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:14 pm
I said Google would give these away to make money off you guys and you all are going nuts to buy it on sale.
If you think that Google still needs a GHM to make money of us (as far as the privacy violation goes) then the joke is on you.

Tracking voice commands isn't really any different than tracking web searches or browsing history.

The only valid concerns are regarding mischiefs (GH sending audio extracts that aren't voice searches without the end users knowledge, practically spying on owners) if you think Google would intentionally engage in espionage then an Android phone would carry the very same privacy violation risk.

Whatever you think Google can deduce accessing a typical household voice commands stream is absolutely nothing compared to what they can deduce analyzing the photos submitted willingly to Google by the same household members via the Google Photo app on the phones they carry.

It's a market penetration campaign, for every GHM sold there is an Echo dot not getting sold, a GH probably getting sold and an Echo probably not getting sold, not to mention these devices are vehicles for other "paid" services (Google YT music, Google Play Music .. etc) so having footing in your household (even by throwing away a $10 cost GHM is just a strategic move to get hooked up with other services that will make them money down the road).