Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Nov 2, 2012
962 posts
1272 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Just saw this now and figured I would revive my old account that's not on a "family" plan for a month. I already have 2xGH and 2xGHM, but why not. $10 to toss one in my bathroom for morning shower karaoke or for some tunes while I'm on the can sounds good! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

We'll see how long it takes to process mine.
Apr 19, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
jceezy23 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 9:46 am
success.

got 2 codes (different cc and mailing address; mailing address and billing address was different for one order) and both were shipped and delivered.

Now, who is willing to part with their 3rd gen echo dot for a BNIB GHM, charcoal color?
I have BNIB Alexa 3rd ECHO DOT so depends where you live i can swap it with you
Sep 30, 2014
93 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 8:20 am
What time did you order on the 9th?
In the morning (like 9am EST).
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1047 posts
228 upvotes
Winnipeg
ScottF391 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 9:35 am
Fav thing to do so far is say Prodcast then say a message it says it in my dayghters room and she can reply with her voice what she says it types out back to my phone soo cool
Wait what?...oh I think you mean Broadcast, not Prodcast. Do you have an andriod phone or iOS?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7047 posts
2253 upvotes
Toronto
amiratish wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 9:37 am
I read the thread summary and others post too. I registered April 9th and check the junk email too, did not receive any GHM email yet!!?
seems some people registered after me got the deal and a few got the device too.

any thoughts?!
Did you sign up correctly for the $9.99 premium subscription? If so, I would suggest to contact Spotify then about whether the code got sent to you or not.
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 12th, 2019 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1802 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I got both my orders yesterday. Ordered AM on the 9th. I set up one of them and I have to say, Google Home is MUCH scarier than Amazon's Alexa in terms of spying. I have three Alexas in my house already and figured I would try the Google for $10. The GH doesn't indicate when it is "awake". That is a bit off-putting to me as I do not know when it is listening. I'll have to play around with it a bit more, but I may stick with Alexa due to privacy concerns. Yes, I know how ironic it is that I am concerned with privacy when I have these devices in the first place. The GH definitely wins in terms of searching and AI interactions, but I think that's expected.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3971 posts
834 upvotes
EbonyRose wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:14 am
I got both my orders yesterday. Ordered AM on the 9th. I set up one of them and I have to say, Google Home is MUCH scarier than Amazon's Alexa in terms of spying. I have three Alexas in my house already and figured I would try the Google for $10. The GH doesn't indicate when it is "awake". That is a bit off-putting to me as I do not know when it is listening. I'll have to play around with it a bit more, but I may stick with Alexa due to privacy concerns. Yes, I know how ironic it is that I am concerned with privacy when I have these devices in the first place. The GH definitely wins in terms of searching and AI interactions, but I think that's expected.
It's odd that you think that Alexa is only listening when it's "awake".
Dec 30, 2016
24 posts
14 upvotes
I know I made a comment yesterday complaining about being one of the first and my stuff not being delivered yet(expected delivery april 15th). An update today is that both that i ordered got delivered. They called my mothers phone since I forgot to include a door number and then they came.
Good luck to everyone else.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13173 posts
1488 upvotes
Mississauga
jcon wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:21 am
It's odd that you think that Alexa is only listening when it's "awake".
Per my read, it's always listening but only sends to mothership when the 'awake' word is triggered. Other content is not uploaded..
Feb 3, 2019
114 posts
115 upvotes
So I bought a code from Ebay for $8. Redeemed it and all is good. Should arrive by May 16th.

I bought 2 other codes.... redeemed in 2 different email but same address, name, CC. both orders were canceled.
Spoke to google via chat, long story short, it was due to payment. They cant help.

Messaged ebay seller, got refunded for the other 2 codes.

So all is good but must use different CC !!!
Nov 22, 2010
88 posts
60 upvotes
We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

Is it over?
Feb 3, 2019
114 posts
115 upvotes
wzzcivic wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:30 am
We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

Is it over?
No. Code will be emailed to you on... who knows what date that is
Apr 4, 2009
840 posts
165 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 8:29 am
Woohoo.. 3:30pm

April 9th 4 pm orders are coming next!!!

Wonder if they ship on the weekends?
I still haven't received any shipment confirmation and i ordered just before 3pm on that day. I'm within the GTA
Aug 20, 2018
26 posts
131 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:26 am
Per my read, it's always listening but only sends to mothership when the 'awake' word is triggered. Other content is not uploaded..
hoo honey ... :)
Sep 21, 2017
13 posts
14 upvotes
EbonyRose wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:14 am
You can turn on the activation indicator sound under Accessilibilty in your Google Home app. They both have hot mics for the exact same reason. There's nothing "scarier" about Google's implementation.