Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6838 posts
2118 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:52 am
I just received mine.... should I get another one.... no where in my house to place it though :)
Then no Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
9841 posts
96646 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

So how does this thing work? *lol* I got it just to give it a whirl...

Ju Leon...
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
364 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
l1197493 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:53 am
Its sad that they used Canada Post to deliver! I checked Google Maps and it was a 19 minute WALK from their place. They could've just got Uber Eats instead of CP to deliver it lol
you can also walk 19 mins there and pick it up yourself!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1071 posts
498 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 11:17 am
Then no Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
hahaha but the default RFD should be YES
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
They must be really back logged. Ordered mine 2-3 days ago and it still hasn't shipped.
Oct 26, 2012
532 posts
711 upvotes
idontwantausername wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 8:14 am
You must think so highly of yourself that you care so much that google selling your question to some company when you said “hey google what’s the weather like today?”...
You are absolutely incorrect. Maybe for the weather it's a bit more complex to explain, but for example using routines like "OK Google Turn off all the lights" every night at a specific time or "OK Google good night" for a night time routine, you are giving them data of when you sleep. And while YOU are insignificant, having 1,000 Google homes within a same city and 70% of them tend to sleep from the hours of 9-10:30 for example, that is very significant and valuable information for advertisers. Data mining is very real. Big Data and analytics play a big part of advertising and big business.
Dec 27, 2007
18345 posts
9520 upvotes
Kitchener
EbonyRose wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:14 am
I may stick with Alexa due to privacy concerns.
You sure about that ?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... iews-audio
Apr 30, 2014
157 posts
61 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I signed up on 10th April for premium account, then used the link to the offer. When I login it says "Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.", but no email confirmation with code. When clicked on Check Availability it says "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Is anyone else facing this long delay in getting email confirmation with code?
Jul 26, 2013
287 posts
224 upvotes
CALGARY
northstarbd wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 11:43 am
I signed up on 10th April for premium account, then used the link to the offer. When I login it says "Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.", but no email confirmation with code. When clicked on Check Availability it says "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Just wait for the "we're sorry but we ran out of stock" email in 3 days from now
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5184 posts
820 upvotes
idontwantausername wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 8:14 am
You must think so highly of yourself that you care so much that google selling your question to some company when you said “hey google what’s the weather like today?”...
You're pretty clueless if you think they're not doing this. They listen to everything and display ads based on your conversations and sell your data to others.
Dec 27, 2007
18345 posts
9520 upvotes
Kitchener
fatcowxlive wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 11:25 am
And while YOU are insignificant, having 1,000 Google homes within a same city and 70% of them tend to sleep from the hours of 9-10:30 for example, that is very significant and valuable information for advertisers
And they can't deduce the same information by mining smartphone activity records?
Jul 17, 2005
970 posts
123 upvotes
northstarbd wrote:

I'm in this boat too.
Dec 27, 2007
18345 posts
9520 upvotes
Kitchener
baz5 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 11:46 am
You're pretty clueless if you think they're not doing this. They listen to everything and display ads based on your conversations and sell your data to others.
And they aren't doing that on your phone? tablet or PC or whatever other connected device you ever used (including the device you just used to make the post above)?
Dec 27, 2007
18345 posts
9520 upvotes
Kitchener
northstarbd wrote:

Read the thread summary.