Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Oct 23, 2010
56 posts
44 upvotes
Waterloo
My google home mini is out for delivery now
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5247 posts
905 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 12:11 pm
Well in your bolded reply you said "of course they do" on my question "If you think that Google still needs a GHM to make money of us (as far as the privacy violation goes) ".
And my argument remains, no they don't, if you have the least understanding of the depth of data Google "already" has on us (without that "voice command log") you would know that even if they have 0 smartspeakers out there their profiling quality wouldn't take the slightest hit.

No you didn't, who is making up stuff now "spotify-free-google-home-mini-spotify-p ... #p30797663"
Regardless, even assuming you did, so if I am to bring up your posting history now I would see you making the same argument on every single smartphone thread posted in RFD ?!
Obviously Google doesn't need to do this to make money but they want to make more money. What a silly post you even made to say they need to.

Your link doesn't work. But yes obviously phones are just as bad but are a necessity and the average person should atleast know what that this is going on. People here don't seem to understand that your data is being stolen and used. As long as it's free they don't care.
Nov 27, 2018
131 posts
277 upvotes
Asking for a friend, is this deal still legit, anyone ordered today to confirm? I know there were lots of drama happened earlier like unable to redeem or cancellation etc.. Is it still recommended to get one?
Last edited by ededed3 on Apr 12th, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2006
109 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
I and my wife signed up on April 9 and ordered charcoal right after receiving the code. My wife received her on April 10 and I got mine on April 11. Will keep spotify for a month and cancel 5 days before expiry date. Thanks OP!
Oct 21, 2017
144 posts
77 upvotes
gamelover wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 12:24 pm
I and my wife signed up on April 9 and ordered charcoal right after receiving the code. My wife received her on April 10 and I got mine on April 11. Will keep spotify for a month and cancel 5 days before expiry date. Thanks OP!
You can cancel now and still keep premium. Cancelling just doesn't auto renew at the end.
AT&T 25GB
Feb 24, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
gamelover wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 12:24 pm
If you cancel now you'll still have Spotify for the rest of the month, they cut it off after the date you've paid until, not the date you cancel
Oct 11, 2013
498 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone with a spare code? Please pm. signed up yesterday and no email from Spotify.
Aug 24, 2011
408 posts
125 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
This picture tells a story:

*Edit: Resized image cuz it was too big, my bad.
Last edited by hollandmoon on Apr 12th, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 24, 2011
408 posts
125 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
JasonA591 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 12:31 pm
Anyone with a spare code? Please pm. signed up yesterday and no email from Spotify.
I signed up on the 10th and received my code today so just wait bro. Spotify isn't bouta scam you.
Dec 27, 2007
18802 posts
9935 upvotes
Kitchener
baz5 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 12:19 pm
Obviously Google doesn't need to do this to make money but they want to make more money. What a silly post you even made to say they need to.
Do you really have such a hard time making your point "respectfully"?!

The "silly" point that I was making which you failed to see, again, the gains in this promo won't come from mining "voice command logs" (this isn't Amazon, people are giving away their data to Google for free on daily bases, way higher quality than they will ever get from smartspeakers voice logs), the money will come from marketshares and footing (vs. amazon smartspeakers) and value-added services.
But yes obviously phones are just as bad but are a necessity and the average person should atleast know what that this is going on.
Ah ok, so you don't go on every smartphone thread on RFD making that "privacy" argument then. Thanks for confirming ;)
Aug 20, 2013
63 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton
finally got a code and ordered.
estimated delivery date May 31.
May 27, 2007
95 posts
52 upvotes
British Columbia
Ordered May 10th, 10am - just received confirmation email and ordered from Google; got an ETA of May 23rd-24th (B.C.).

Could order Chalk immediately - the only other option was Charcoal which was flagged "coming soon".
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17170 posts
23692 upvotes
ONTARIO
I ordered super late on the 10th. Basically at midnight. No code for me yet. Hopefully now that people who ordered earlier in the day are getting them, I will see my code soon!