Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Oct 26, 2012
532 posts
711 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 11:47 am
And they can't deduce the same information by mining smartphone activity records?
Yes but not everyone owns an Android phone. This can capture those with iPhones who don't want to dish out $400 or whatever for a homepod that doesn't do half the features. For the iPhone user base if they want a smart assistant at home, they'd be choosing between Amazon and Google.

Also I have a personal theory that "routines" are something that's becoming valuable for Google. Essentially configuring a set of actions to one keyword. I can see the potential value in that data, knowing what popular configurations are used, at what times and in what geographic locations.
Last edited by fatcowxlive on Apr 12th, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 4, 2006
42 posts
2 upvotes
Reserved the morning April 10. Got the email saying mini is Ready April 12th 11am. Expected delivery May 24th Astonished Face.
Jul 20, 2012
50 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Also signed up and reserved morning of April 10th. Got email today around 1pm saying it was ready. Delivery is May 17-21....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6692 posts
1982 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:03 pm
Anyone who ordered day one, was the aqua or coral google minis ever in stock or has it always just been chalk and charcoal to choose from?
You'd think if they're having stock issues they could allocate some of the stock from the other colours. I personally want black, but I know some wouldn't care and just get a blue/orange one.
If different colours were to be availble to be ordered in the weeks to come (which is very likely to happen), I think this will irk and annoy a lot of people 🧐 if that is the case they should make all colours available to begin with .
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 12th, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 25, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: Same CC = Cancelled order. Google is tracking that to limit the offer to one per person, unfortunately you likely won't get a new promo code from Spotify, I've been waiting since this started with no response from them.
There were some who were successful in getting a new code though. I’m trying to get a new code myself as well, but no luck at the moment. Spotify wasn’t helpful at all, simply stating that they can’t generate a new code and I should talk to Google. So I chatted with Google again to tell them Spotify is blaming it on them. Google agreed to investigate further and get back to me via email.
May 25, 2014
51 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bluenote wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:07 pm
Google cancelled my order and marked my code redeemed, what is a good method to complain to spotify? They don't seem to have any support channels.
When did you get the order cancelled? Was it soon after you placed the order?

I ordered two with the same credit card on Google Store (but different credit cards on Spotify accounts), but have not yet received any "order cancelled" emails.
Sep 30, 2015
429 posts
448 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
CherylWCC wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:23 pm
There were some who were successful in getting a new code though. I’m trying to get a new code myself as well, but no luck at the moment. Spotify wasn’t helpful at all, simply stating that they can’t generate a new code and I should talk to Google. So I chatted with Google again to tell them Spotify is blaming it on them. Google agreed to investigate further and get back to me via email.
Why would google give you a free code for trying to cheat the system. If they canceled it for same CC or same google account you broke the terms and they aren't going to give you a new code.
Mar 15, 2019
20 posts
44 upvotes
So my GHM showed up today, for those of you that received your GHM already, did you cancel your subscription already? Or are you going to wait a week or two?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10619 posts
1395 upvotes
so how long will it take to receive GHM? can I cancel spotify after I receive>
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10619 posts
1395 upvotes
DavidN84785 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:30 pm
So my GHM showed up today, for those of you that received your GHM already, did you cancel your subscription already? Or are you going to wait a week or two?
when did u sign up?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 31, 2014
341 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DavidN84785 wrote:
You can cancel any time you want, regardless of when you do it will still let you use premium until it runs out.
Sep 30, 2015
429 posts
448 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
DavidN84785 wrote:
I got 2 of them and canceled both accounts yesterday.
Mar 15, 2019
20 posts
44 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
when did u sign up?
I signed up Monday morning. I already have a family account so I have no need for this one. I was just wondering if I should hang onto the account for a week or two to not raise any suspicions with Spotify.