Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2011 posts
324 upvotes
Gta
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:17 pm
Same CC = Cancelled order. Google is tracking that to limit the offer to one per person, unfortunately you likely won't get a new promo code from Spotify, I've been waiting since this started with no response from them.
I’m in the same boat. Have heard nothing from google in days ( don’t expect to) and Spotify has gone silent after telling me it was transferred to their account department and that they will email me shortly...that was 2 days ago.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1020 posts
222 upvotes
Winnipeg
CherylWCC wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:41 pm
Several of us including myself share a CC with partner/family. I agree some are trying to cheat the system, but I don’t see why can’t the ones who simply used the shared CC try and ask for a new code. Some already got a new code by escalating the issue far enough, so who knows? Maybe both Google and Spotify are trying to resolve the issue, it just hasn’t happened yet. I am only sharing based on what I’ve been experiencing with both customer support.
They [Google] have to make sure this offer isn't abused by a person. The only thing you can't fake/create is a CC number, so that's how they are regulating this.

Anyone can create new email address/google store account. You can't use an home address to regulate this because you can have numerous people in the same home who are actual paying spotify members. You can create a new Spotify account, yes, but you still have to pay for a real membership with a CC.
Dec 27, 2007
18314 posts
9492 upvotes
Kitchener
queenofhearts wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:02 pm
I’m in the same boat. Have heard nothing from google in days ( don’t expect to) and Spotify has gone silent after telling me it was transferred to their account department and that they will email me shortly...that was 2 days ago.
Your best shot is talking them into refunding your money if you haven't streamed anything, long shot (since T&C has a no refund/partial refund clause) but you have nothing to lose (someone reported he managed to get a refund after his order was canceled few posts back).

Good luck
Nov 9, 2013
669 posts
734 upvotes
Barrie
redkid wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:59 pm
signed up yesterday
got email today
shows chalk out of stock
charcoal coming soon

bah... gotta keep refreshing i guess?
would be nice if they had an option send me random color as soon as 1 is available
OR pay an extra $xx and get the full size google home
I had to refresh quite a few times to finally show stock.

That would have been a great deal if they would deduct the cost off the full size, I already have a mini.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
9831 posts
96219 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I got my e-mail, but no stock. *lol*

Ju Leon...
Mar 28, 2019
41 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
ShAdOw401 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:02 pm
Ordered April 9th 12:06 pst. Dispatched just now.
What was the estimated date of delivery back when you placed the order?
Dec 27, 2007
18314 posts
9492 upvotes
Kitchener
tatung wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:05 pm
You can create a new Spotify account, yes, but you still have to pay for a real membership with a CC.
You can still pay for as many Spotify accounts as you want with the same CC, and you will still get the GHM claim code, it's Google enforcing their restriction on the code redemption not Spotify.
Jul 1, 2015
94 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Mine delivered today at 2PM. Ordered Apr 9. Estimated delivery was Apr 12-15.
Last edited by nycetryguy on Apr 12th, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2011 posts
324 upvotes
Gta
aasoror wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:06 pm
Your best shot is talking them into refunding your money if you haven't streamed anything, long shot (since T&C has a no refund/partial refund clause) but you have nothing to lose (someone reported he managed to get a refund after his order was canceled few posts back).

Good luck
No. Haven’t streamed anything . I guess I can go this route but geez...Spotify has only email or social media support!
Koodo member
Mar 8, 2018
81 posts
32 upvotes
ipkonfig wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:08 pm
What was the estimated date of delivery back when you placed the order?
Estimated date of delivery back when you placed the order: April 18 to 22

After Dispatch today : April 17 to 18
Nov 25, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
tatung wrote: They [Google] have to make sure this offer isn't abused by a person. The only thing you can't fake/create is a CC number, so that's how they are regulating this.

Anyone can create new email address/google store account. You can't use an home address to regulate this because you can have numerous people in the same home who are actual paying spotify members. You can create a new Spotify account, yes, but you still have to pay for a real membership with a CC.
Completely agree! But to be honest, people with multiple CC can still easily bypass this.
Nov 25, 2018
21 posts
20 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: No. Haven’t streamed anything . I guess I can go this route but geez...Spotify has only email or social media support!
They have live chat as well, it does take them quite some time to respond to emails.
Jul 4, 2018
16 posts
29 upvotes
Ordered Charcoal on the 9th at 3:45 PM. My order went from "ordered" to delivered today.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2011 posts
324 upvotes
Gta
CherylWCC wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:17 pm
They have live chat as well, it does take them quite some time to respond to emails.
Hmmm....didn’t see the live chat option? I know email takes forever . Initially I was dm’ing through twitter and that wasnt too bad but now I’ve heard nothing. Anyway. Since I posted here, I shot them a DM asking for my money back for the sign up which resulted in no mini.
Going to see if I can find the chat button. Unfortunately they don’t assign an incident number ....so I’ll have to explain it all again!
Koodo member
Jul 29, 2016
116 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Damn! Twice I got the "Add to Basket" button light up and I added the item to my cart, when I check out, it said my cart is empty!!! WHO STOLE IT FROM MY CART ???? !!!! LoL Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)