Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 14, 2017
154 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Yayyy mine finally shipped!

Ordered April 9 at around 2pm PST

Shipped April 13 at 6am PST

Scheduled arrival April 23
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17737 posts
24803 upvotes
ONTARIO
Avignon wrote: I got an email, clicked on the link, it took me through to Google, but did not apply the discount, so I would be billed 79 plus tax. I didn't confirm of course.

Reclicking on the link in the email didn't work.

Spotify sent me the instructions below, which did work.

I expect YMMV.

"This, because we've taken a look at our system and we saw that the message have sent successfully to your email.

If not, you just need to follow the next steps:
1. Log into Spotify ( and into the Google account you intend to use)
2. Go to spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
3. Select color of the device and click 'Buy'
So when you go through https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ and do the captcha and it redirects you to Google, the code should auto apply in your cart.
However since you said it's not working, what you could try is to copy the code from the URL and apply it manually.
When you're redirected to the google store page from Spotify, the promo code is in the URL at the top.

The link looks like this:

Code: Select all

https://store.google.com/ca/config/uylj89x6oh?utm_source=external&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=GS102161&promoCode=X-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
That X-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX at the end of the link will be where your code is. Copy it and then apply the code manually when in your cart.
Last edited by BobSagget on Apr 14th, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17737 posts
24803 upvotes
ONTARIO
250strong wrote: Wow thanks so much for the link.

It said I “did not register my interest”
So I clicked on it and now it says I “reserved my google home mini” and they will email me when it’s ready.

I have read dozens of thread pages and never saw anything like this.

I would’ve kept waiting for nothing. I appreciate all your help. You are much more helpful that the Spotify reps I talked to.
Wow, that stinks that you were waiting this entire time for nothing. Glad you got it working now. Hopefully you get your code now in a couple days or so.
Aug 3, 2011
929 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
250strong wrote:
Wow thanks so much for the link.

So I clicked on it and now it says I “reserved my google home mini” and they will email me when it’s ready.

I have read dozens of thread pages and never saw anything like this.

I would’ve kept waiting for nothing. I appreciate all your help. You are much more helpful that the Spotify reps I talked to.
Same here, I just clicked the link. Looks good now. Would have been waiting long for nothing.
Thanks
Feb 10, 2017
190 posts
182 upvotes
Calgary
Is it confirmed that Visa Debit orders don't work? I used a Visa Debit to order mine yesterday morning and it seems to be fine right now. Should I be expecting a cancellation when it's closer to being shipped (probably May)?
Zoomer Mobile
Tangerine
Apr 14, 2018
124 posts
142 upvotes
oneyedpirate wrote: Yayyy mine finally shipped!

Ordered April 9 at around 2pm PST

Shipped April 13 at 6am PST

Scheduled arrival April 23

Did you just get a notification today?
Dec 27, 2007
19820 posts
10918 upvotes
Kitchener
DarkStarFTW wrote: Is it confirmed that Visa Debit orders don't work? I used a Visa Debit to order mine yesterday morning and it seems to be fine right now. Should I be expecting a cancellation when it's closer to being shipped (probably May)?
Well, one member posted that this was the reason Google support told him his order was canceled.
Things might have changed, but most cancellations are immediate, so you seem to be fine (keep us updated).
Dec 27, 2007
19820 posts
10918 upvotes
Kitchener
mdfaisal wrote: This is after multiple escalations....

Hello again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We completely understand your frustration, but we are unable to issue you a new a code, or refund the payment. We won't be able to elaborate further on this.

If there's anything else, we're here to help you.

Kind regards,

Pontus
If you haven't streamed anything yet, and think Google/Spotify unfairly treated you and the issue is on their own end then you might want to consider a chargeback with your CC issuer (more to prove a point than anything else at this point).
Nov 28, 2005
530 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
dealyou wrote: Wow delivery date is now between May 17-21.

Maybe I’ll order more later
My delivery date is May 23-24 on the chalk one that I ordered this morning.
Dec 27, 2007
19820 posts
10918 upvotes
Kitchener
250strong wrote: Wow thanks so much for the link.

Did you initially sign up through the link in OP?
Dec 27, 2007
19820 posts
10918 upvotes
Kitchener
andycwlai wrote: To make you feel better, many of us do free work in various contexts and would've been far more well-off even if paid minimum rate.
It's ok, I just meant to subtly point out that the mods are working for (what they see) the best interest of the community, cause sometimes people seem to either not know or forget about it ;)
Jul 17, 2013
9 posts
6 upvotes
Milton
I registered on 13 th and didn't get any email yet. Is anybody who registered on Saturday 13th and got their code?
Nov 26, 2017
47 posts
35 upvotes
aasoror wrote: It's ok, I just meant to subtly point out that the mods are working for (what they see) the best interest of the community, cause sometimes people seem to either not know or forget about it ;)
Of course. Your help here is greatly appreciated :)
Jan 18, 2017
271 posts
220 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Did you initially sign up through the link in OP?
Most definitely. Tried my best to follow the instructions throughout the thread.