Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 29, 2010
26 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
tongyiba wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:42 pm
Signed up today and got the email for Google Home Mini almost immediately. Ordered the Charcoal one and estimated delivery is May14-15.

Thanks OP!
Were there any other colours in stock today?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2004
5619 posts
133 upvotes
Woodbridge
It's funny seeing all these Home Minis showing up on Kijiji with guys thinking they can get $70-80 for them.
I used to be indecisive. Now i'm not so sure.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
2963 posts
191 upvotes
Considering all the Christmas deals any new one being sold on kijiji or craigslist should be $30-40 tops and $40 is lenient
Oct 29, 2011
99 posts
39 upvotes
I ordered the service Friday night and received the GHM email this morning.

All done now and it said “expected delivery 28-29 May”.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16500 posts
22479 upvotes
ONTARIO
Andrew765 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 12:41 pm
So ... I bought an Amazon Echo since it had better smart home integration.

Then I switched from Google Play Music to Spotify since only Spotify works with the Echo.

Now Spotify gives me a Google Home Mini and I can cancel Spotify switch back to Google Play Music since it handles explicit content much better!
I own both a mini and an echo dot and lately I've actually found the google to be more reliable with my smart devices.
I have a couple smart plugs so far to control a TV and also a light.

Recently the echo dot has been a real pain. I sometimes have to ask it more than once to turn on/off the light because the first time it will just say "that device isnt responding" or something like that. Whereas the google mini never gives me that issue.

Another thing I found is if I say "alexa, is the tv on?" she says "that device doesn't support that". But if I ask my google mini, it says "the tv is not on" (or vice versa). So it DOES support that. I've tried this with 2 different smart plug brands and it always works with google but not with the alexa (the "is it on" question).

I do think Amazon has google beat when it comes to the wake word though. On Amazon you can use alexa or change it to echo or computer.I find those roll off the tongue much better than saying "hey google" every time. Hopefully Google eventually allows us to change the wake word.
Jun 22, 2009
718 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
alahome wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:20 pm
I ordered the service Friday night and received the GHM email this morning.

All done now and it said “expected delivery 28-29 May”.
Did your show tracking info? Mine still says late May not shipped yet and I ordered it last week
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7078 posts
585 upvotes
Waterloo
Got my code this morning and my shipment will be here by may 15
Oct 29, 2011
99 posts
39 upvotes
No tracking.

We are still in April so I am not that worrying yet.

Happy Monday!
alicklee wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:24 pm
Did your show tracking info? Mine still says late May not shipped yet and I ordered it last week
Oct 29, 2011
99 posts
39 upvotes
I assume the shipping estimate is based on how far you are near their warehouse. :)

I ordered the same time and it said May 28-29.
sassysue wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:36 pm
Got my code this morning and my shipment will be here by may 15
Sep 11, 2012
37 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone having error with the email? They said my mini was ready for order, I click it and it sends me to the family subscription page....
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1301 posts
824 upvotes
Land
Make sure you not behind a US VPN, i got the message , not available in your country :-)